Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 OSFM roster version #3 is available now in the roster vault.

PSN - Ridindwnkingsley

V3 is a continuation of the base that was used for V2. It features updated transactions and all corections from previous versions as well as the following
  • Glitch free roster base
  • Updated Equipment
  • Updated prospect ratings where needed
  • Additional prospects and minor leaguers
  • SCEA caps from roster updates added
  • SCEA updated ratings from live rosters
  • More international FA (Thanks Ivanhoe)
  • More Face edits
  • Batting stance and pitch motion edits where needed
  • As far as corrections all minor leaguers with career stats replaced and additional birthplaces and age corrections
  • Additional actual FA' such as J.Gomes
  • Stamina and def updates for pitchers and players where needed.
OSFM is always going to be updated with more and more additions. -As far as which version to use, it's user preference. Any version after V2 has the base stat -glitch removed. -As far as the most "complete" the newest will always be the most complete and V3 is on point.

Enjoy.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/18/16 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
How do you edit FA ? Specially place on a team ?

It's during the editing process place on a team

# 42 Sm27 @ 05/18/16 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards87
Is there a way to have this roster and have the legends? I like making an all time roster set including players from yesterday and today, and was just wondering.
Yes. It's easy.
1.) Download individual "Classic Players" from the vault.
2.) Load your roster you want to import players in to.
3.) Go to Options/Roster Control in the game.
4.) Scroll to the team you want to import a player that you downloaded to.
5.) Select "Manage Roster"
6.) Select a player you want to replace with a classic player
7.) Click "Import Player"
8.) Select the player that you downloaded to replace him.

* Note:
If the player you are importing has a number that an existing player already has, your classic player's number will change to a number that isn't occupied.
You will have to find the player that is occupying that number and change it.

**Note:
Even after you "Fix" your classic players Uni number to his correct number, it may not be displayed "in game"...
For example. Willy Horton was always #23. In MLB15 this was not a problem. In this year's game, even though his Uni Number is #23 when editing and saving, once you have him in game, his number defaults to a different number. It's maddening (no pun intended) to Watch Willy Horton playing with #28 and Bill Freehan playing with #14.

# 43 willg06 @ 05/18/16 05:27 PM
Great rosters !! Looks like Ryan Casteel of the Rockies still has the messed up stats glitch just a heads up.

# 44 elbomberoloco @ 05/18/16 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
It's during the editing process place on a team
and where exactly is that ?

# 45 nuckles2k2 @ 05/18/16 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaserck19
If I start a RTTS with this roster set, will players such as Jhonny Peralta for example with the Cardinals start the season with the big league club despite them being off the 40 man roster because of their real life injury?
Since the Showcase's addition, I always make it a point to make RTTS-ready rosters before I start one.

I comb thru all of the A-ball rosters and move players up to AA or AAA depending on who it is. That way I don't potentially lose them after the draft (not sure about this year, but in years past the players you're drafted with would overwrite some A-ball rosters)

If someone is off of the 40-man, but placed in AAA, they would stay there, sometimes for the entire season (I can confirm this with Darvish last year).

So your best bet is to get players out of A, put them in AA or AAA, and take them off of the 40-man roster. That might not guarantee that they stay in the minors for long, but it should for sure prevent them from being deleted (if that's even still a problem. I just preemptively "fix" my rosters before starting RTTS)

# 46 elbomberoloco @ 05/18/16 11:11 PM
Also I believe the salaries are not changed for these rosters ? However when starting a franchise most teams have millions more total cap space than when using default rosters. Any thoughts on why this occurs ?

# 47 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/18/16 11:33 PM
Quote:
Also I believe the salaries are not changed for these rosters ? However when starting a franchise most teams have millions more total cap space than when using default rosters. Any thoughts on why this occurs ?

Wrong they are changed which is why they have more $

# 48 elbomberoloco @ 05/19/16 08:36 AM
Quote:
Wrong they are changed which is why they have more $
Does this alievite the problem of teams not being able to afford high dollar FA years later ?

# 49 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/19/16 09:23 AM
Quote:
Does this alievite the problem of teams not being able to afford high dollar FA years later ?

If you search the forum this topic has been discussed over and over, nothing alleviates the problem except 30 team Control

# 50 elbomberoloco @ 05/19/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
If you search the forum this topic has been discussed over and over, nothing alleviates the problem except 30 team Control
Oh thanks for the information (yes this is sarcasm font in case you didn't pick up on that...). I just thought since my previous league went 8 years w/ v2.5 and I simmed 17 years w/ v2 (to check progressions). you had "fixed" the problem.

So thank you for the rosters but I guess no thanks for "fixing" the problem...

# 51 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/19/16 02:51 PM
Guys after the draft I will release a version featuring all the prospects on proper teams thanks to boomersooner and some others, this will have additional tweaks as well.

One other side project I have been testing and working on with some guys and a few Milb players who made some suggestions in regards to def, speed ratings. These ratings affect so many things, bloop hits, 2b into 3b, 1b into 2b, hits that create more runs etc that we started tweaking ratings of individuals that we deemed needed it, slight tweaks where SCEA may have missed certain things as an ex, Mallex Smith speed and def.... We have been going team by team and the results are pretty amazing at what we have found and it makes it play more sim as well as producing a great sim. This is in no way a total edit to ratings and it only affects certain players but our feeling was if u had a fast def cf when playing the game u should be able to totally feel the difference with him than with your average Cf. This is not just a CF thing this is all positions, it makes the elite defenders elite and separates them so much that u have no doubt who it is. If this is something that you guys have interest in let me know. Btw the edits done have no affect on future seasons or franchise as Scea draft prospects will be in line with what we have done. Lots of the draft prospects we have seen come out as elite defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 52 bravesfan1984 @ 05/19/16 03:06 PM
Quote:
Guys after the draft I will release a version featuring all the prospects on proper teams thanks to boomersooner and some others, this will have additional tweaks as well.

One other side project I have been testing and working on with some guys and a few Milb players who made some suggestions in regards to def, speed ratings. These ratings affect so many things, bloop hits, 2b into 3b, 1b into 2b, hits that create more runs etc that we started tweaking ratings of individuals that we deemed needed it, slight tweaks where SCEA may have missed certain things as an ex, Mallex Smith speed and def.... We have been going team by team and the results are pretty amazing at what we have found and it makes it play more sim as well as producing a great sim. This is in no way a total edit to ratings and it only affects certain players but our feeling was if u had a fast def cf when playing the game u should be able to totally feel the difference with him than with your average Cf. This is not just a CF thing this is all positions, it makes the elite defenders elite and separates them so much that u have no doubt who it is. If this is something that you guys have interest in let me know. Btw the edits done have no affect on future seasons or franchise as Scea draft prospects will be in line with what we have done. Lots of the draft prospects we have seen come out as elite defenders.

Love the idea! Anything to make the game more realistic sounds like a plan to me!

# 53 Peji911 @ 05/19/16 03:59 PM
I must have issues. I am trying to edit rosters in the main menu and can't figure how a few things:

How do you just drop a player to free agency without acquiring one, and vice versa?
How do you trade 1 player to a team for no one? (i.e.: Paredes to the Jays)

# 54 BrianM207 @ 05/19/16 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
I must have issues. I am trying to edit rosters in the main menu and can't figure how a few things:

How do you just drop a player to free agency without acquiring one, and vice versa?
How do you trade 1 player to a team for no one? (i.e.: Paredes to the Jays)
You can't do it in the main menu. If you release a player into the FA pool, another one has to take his place(same with trades). The roster has to stay at 90.

Only in franchise(and I assume season mode- I don't play it) can you drop a guy and not pick one up.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

# 55 tonybologna @ 05/19/16 06:28 PM
Quote:

Excellent idea & all for this myself. Thanks!

# 56 SilverBullet1929 @ 05/20/16 06:54 AM
If Ridin was Santa Claus we'd have multiple Christmases a year.

SantaRidin: "Ho ho ho, I know Christmas V2 was fun but get ready because Christmas V2.5 is coming this weekend with even more stocking stuffers, some gifts already coming assembled AND I'll be including the batteries this time! Merry Christmas to all!!!"

# 57 tonybologna @ 05/20/16 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
If Ridin was Santa Claus we'd have multiple Christmases a year.

SantaRidin: "Ho ho ho, I know Christmas V2 was fun but get ready because Christmas V2.5 is coming this weekend with even more stocking stuffers, some gifts already coming assembled AND I'll be including the batteries this time! Merry Christmas to all!!!"
LOL! That was a good one.

# 58 Manning18 @ 05/21/16 05:57 PM
Do the contract adjustments in V3 "break" franchise in later years if you don't do 30 team control? I have searched the forums and have read many saying it does and others saying it doesn't so I'm not sure what the answer is.

Thanks

# 59 CMDM828 @ 05/22/16 08:04 AM
Quote:

MLB The Show 16 OSFM roster version #3 is available now in the roster vault.

PSN - Ridindwnkingsley

V3 is a continuation of the base that was used for V2. It features updated transactions and all corections from previous versions as well as the following
  • Glitch free roster base
  • Updated Equipment
  • Updated prospect ratings where needed
  • Additional prospects and minor leaguers
  • SCEA caps from roster updates added
  • SCEA updated ratings from live rosters
  • More international FA (Thanks Ivanhoe)
  • More Face edits
  • Batting stance and pitch motion edits where needed
  • As far as corrections all minor leaguers with career stats replaced and additional birthplaces and age corrections
  • Additional actual FA' such as J.Gomes
  • Stamina and def updates for pitchers and players where needed.
OSFM is always going to be updated with more and more additions. -As far as which version to use, it's user preference. Any version after V2 has the base stat -glitch removed. -As far as the most "complete" the newest will always be the most complete and V3 is on point.

Enjoy.

Hey Ridin...you mentioned a Legends Import glitch where the imported players take on legends Stats. I was wondering if this is random or does it do it everytime. I ask because I love using Larkin, Edmonds, Billy Wagner and other Legends in the SEA Rosters but in OSFM they are obviously not there.....and I was hoping with the glitch there would be a way to import a player over a legend to get their career stats. If I'm not correct or way off of what the Legend Glitch is...I apologize. This is just what I comprehended from your statement. If that's not possible.....is there any way from you to put the legends back onto OSFM? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

# 60 rkwittem @ 05/22/16 03:22 PM
I love this, every year. It's one of the best projects the OS community does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.