Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 OSFM roster version #3 is available now in the roster vault.

PSN - Ridindwnkingsley

V3 is a continuation of the base that was used for V2. It features updated transactions and all corections from previous versions as well as the following
  • Glitch free roster base
  • Updated Equipment
  • Updated prospect ratings where needed
  • Additional prospects and minor leaguers
  • SCEA caps from roster updates added
  • SCEA updated ratings from live rosters
  • More international FA (Thanks Ivanhoe)
  • More Face edits
  • Batting stance and pitch motion edits where needed
  • As far as corrections all minor leaguers with career stats replaced and additional birthplaces and age corrections
  • Additional actual FA' such as J.Gomes
  • Stamina and def updates for pitchers and players where needed.
OSFM is always going to be updated with more and more additions. -As far as which version to use, it's user preference. Any version after V2 has the base stat -glitch removed. -As far as the most "complete" the newest will always be the most complete and V3 is on point.

Enjoy.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 elbomberoloco @ 05/22/16 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning18
Do the contract adjustments in V3 "break" franchise in later years if you don't do 30 team control? I have searched the forums and have read many saying it does and others saying it doesn't so I'm not sure what the answer is.

Thanks
Just did a 5 yr sim 30 team for budget data, with this roster set.

Results:
Yr 1 AVG - 6.13%
Median - 7%

High - 15%
Low - -5%

Yr 2 AVG - 8.70%
Median - 9%

High - 15%
Low - 3%

Yr 3 AVG - 5.27%
Median - 5%

High - 13%
Low - 0%

Yr 4 AVG - 4.17%
Median - 4%

High - 11%
Low - 0%

Yr 5 AVG - 2.03%
Median - 2%

High - 8%
Low - -3%

Also never had a FA market w/ top tier players available, highest FA available most years was upper 30's with value's in low 80's.

# 62 Luftbud @ 05/22/16 10:17 PM
Greetings All!

Was wondering if there is a 40 man version of v3? I saw one for 2.5.

Thanks!

# 63 consecutive27 @ 05/23/16 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftbud
Greetings All!

Was wondering if there is a 40 man version of v3? I saw one for 2.5.

Thanks!
Yes. There is one under the user name SteveMrshll2 in the vault. There is a thread for it near the bottom of the first page as well. I am using it in franchise mode and have not had any problems with it.

# 64 consecutive27 @ 05/23/16 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
Just did a 5 yr sim 30 team for budget data, with this roster set.

Results:
Yr 1 AVG - 6.13%
Median - 7%

High - 15%
Low - -5%

Yr 2 AVG - 8.70%
Median - 9%

High - 15%
Low - 3%

Yr 3 AVG - 5.27%
Median - 5%

High - 13%
Low - 0%

Yr 4 AVG - 4.17%
Median - 4%

High - 11%
Low - 0%

Yr 5 AVG - 2.03%
Median - 2%

High - 8%
Low - -3%

Also never had a FA market w/ top tier players available, highest FA available most years was upper 30's with value's in low 80's.
Using this roster with one team control with budgets on I just saw a free agent period with prime Jose Fernandez and manny machado available. I have also seen Carlos Gonzalez and yu darvish. There have been some other good players in the higher eighties as well. I am at the beginning of year four.

# 65 elbomberoloco @ 05/24/16 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27
Using this roster with one team control with budgets on I just saw a free agent period with prime Jose Fernandez and manny machado available. I have also seen Carlos Gonzalez and yu darvish. There have been some other good players in the higher eighties as well. I am at the beginning of year four.
Are you talking about during the FA period or after all signings have gone through and these guys are in the FA pool ?

I have simmed over 30 season w/ various rosters (have time at work to do stuff like that but not to play because the time is very sporadic and in short periods), I have seen maybe 5 times a FA made it through the FA signing period and was able to picked up off the street, that was worth it. There is almost always one stud during FA period and the bidding war begins...

# 66 consecutive27 @ 05/25/16 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
Are you talking about during the FA period or after all signings have gone through and these guys are in the FA pool ?

I have simmed over 30 season w/ various rosters (have time at work to do stuff like that but not to play because the time is very sporadic and in short periods), I have seen maybe 5 times a FA made it through the FA signing period and was able to picked up off the street, that was worth it. There is almost always one stud during FA period and the bidding war begins...
Those players I mentioned were all signed during the beginning of the FA period. It is a good balance between players resigning and becoming free agents. Teams definitely have enough money to make big signings too, especially big market teams. The best free agents have mostly gone to teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Angels, etc. I play as the Pirates and would really have to make some questionable sacrifices to have a shot at a big time free agent most years, just as it should be (although my budget is a bit more generous than Nutting would be IRL, maybe Mark Cuban bought the team, haha). I have not seen many worthwhile players available near the end of the off season either. I will occasionally pick up a guy for my bench, but that's about it.

So overall, I am having a great time with these rosters in franchise mode. I am now messing around with some sliders to get what I feel are the most balanced sim stats possible. Don't get me wrong the stats are solid as is; I am just nitpicking and experimenting. That's awesome you have been able to test out the mode over that many years.

# 67 Threeebs @ 05/25/16 11:06 AM
Quote:
Those players I mentioned were all signed during the beginning of the FA period. It is a good balance between players resigning and becoming free agents. Teams definitely have enough money to make big signings too, especially big market teams. The best free agents have mostly gone to teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Angels, etc. I play as the Pirates and would really have to make some questionable sacrifices to have a shot at a big time free agent most years, just as it should be (although my budget is a bit more generous than Nutting would be IRL, maybe Mark Cuban bought the team, haha). I have not seen many worthwhile players available near the end of the off season either. I will occasionally pick up a guy for my bench, but that's about it.

So overall, I am having a great time with these rosters in franchise mode. I am now messing around with some sliders to get what I feel are the most balanced sim stats possible. Don't get me wrong the stats are solid as is; I am just nitpicking and experimenting. That's awesome you have been able to test out the mode over that many years.
Check out Nomo's CPU vs CPU sliders. best sim sliders available. Nails it every year...

# 68 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/25/16 11:19 AM
Quote:

V3 plays about the beat of any roster I have played or simmed, with the slight tweaks we have made to try he V3 set and all the updates the next version should play even better. This set Sims stats, contracts, free agency and plays fantastic without having to redesign the wheel. I know lots question SCEA's base roster and some of their ratings but I have seen really good results along with draft classes that are in line with the set. I'll release another small update this memorial day weekend with more edits, transactions, more added players. Like years past there will always be an updated version available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 RogueHominid @ 05/25/16 01:55 PM
I'm currently enjoying 2.5 but am intrigued by 3.0.

I know the budgets question has been asked in several threads, and I've read several threads, but it's really hard to find a condensed, exhaustive explanation of what real contract values do to the game once inside a single or 30 team franchise.

As an English professor, I have a hard time with numbers, so the data post on the sims from the previous page was hard for me to interpret.

My questions are:

1) Is it viable to use a single team control method with accurate contracts and have realistic off-season FA periods?

2) If you have to do 30 team control to make this kind of roster work, exactly how involved do you have to be in the contract/FA area? What, specifically, do you have to micromanage, and what do you not have to manage?

Any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated!

# 70 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/25/16 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm currently enjoying 2.5 but am intrigued by 3.0.

I know the budgets question has been asked in several threads, and I've read several threads, but it's really hard to find a condensed, exhaustive explanation of what real contract values do to the game once inside a single or 30 team franchise.

As an English professor, I have a hard time with numbers, so the data post on the sims from the previous page was hard for me to interpret.

My questions are:

1) Is it viable to use a single team control method with accurate contracts and have realistic off-season FA periods?

2) If you have to do 30 team control to make this kind of roster work, exactly how involved do you have to be in the contract/FA area? What, specifically, do you have to micromanage, and what do you not have to manage?

Any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated!

1. Yes with V3 and real contracts the way it is there hasn't been anything we have seen to break anything

2. 30 team control is my preferred method because you can control your team and manage the other moves to mimic real.life or you can let the CPU make moves but you can step in where needed, check out some threads on 30 team control to guide you

# 71 RogueHominid @ 05/25/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
1. Yes with V3 and real contracts the way it is there hasn't been anything we have seen to break anything

2. 30 team control is my preferred method because you can control your team and manage the other moves to mimic real.life or you can let the CPU make moves but you can step in where needed, check out some threads on 30 team control to guide you

This is great. I've heard a lot of hyperbole about real contracts in the game and I was afraid that I would have to either take stock contracts or micromanage my franchise to a degree that's not fun for me.

# 72 Side Effect @ 05/25/16 03:17 PM
Ridin or anyone, do you have any Royals filler position players? After the Jose Martinez trade today, I can't find any more filler players from V1 or last years with carry over franchise. Could you put one in the vault? Also the Astros.

# 73 RogueHominid @ 05/25/16 09:17 PM
Just popping in to day that I ran some sims to see for myself how the real contracts play out and it all looks great.

I feel like in years past this was a major issue, but this year, teams appear to utilize their available budgets intelligently and the really high payroll teams like my Dodgers appear to attempt to avoid the luxury tax threshold.

I simmed till 2021 and the player stats looked good.

What's more, I saw a really nice ebb and flow in FA, with some years seeing some pretty big names go on the market and other years being more ho-hum. Even better than that, the FA pool once the season starts looks really good. There is the occasional 80 OVR guy in there, but normally he's pretty old and on the decline. The overwhelming majority of the FA pool are really depth/injury replacement level types, and there's no young stud talent just rotting in FA.

It's pretty fun to see who develops, who hangs on, who plateaus instead of developing as expected, and who drops off a cliff. I even noted a couple of players who plateaued and then had late career resurgences where their ratings declines seem to have stopped for a season or two.

It looks like the roster and contracts play well with the drafts, etc., because the talent differential in 2021 between the MLB/AAA/AA levels look almost the same as in 2016. AA and AAA OVR might be slightly higher on average, but not much.

I did all these sims with single team control, btw. Figured it couldn't hurt to throw another perspective in here...

# 74 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/25/16 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Just popping in to day that I ran some sims to see for myself how the real contracts play out and it all looks great.

I feel like in years past this was a major issue, but this year, teams appear to utilize their available budgets intelligently and the really high payroll teams like my Dodgers appear to attempt to avoid the luxury tax threshold.

I simmed till 2021 and the player stats looked good.

What's more, I saw a really nice ebb and flow in FA, with some years seeing some pretty big names go on the market and other years being more ho-hum. Even better than that, the FA pool once the season starts looks really good. There is the occasional 80 OVR guy in there, but normally he's pretty old and on the decline. The overwhelming majority of the FA pool are really depth/injury replacement level types, and there's no young stud talent just rotting in FA.

It's pretty fun to see who develops, who hangs on, who plateaus instead of developing as expected, and who drops off a cliff. I even noted a couple of players who plateaued and then had late career resurgences where their ratings declines seem to have stopped for a season or two.

It looks like the roster and contracts play well with the drafts, etc., because the talent differential in 2021 between the MLB/AAA/AA levels look almost the same as in 2016. AA and AAA OVR might be slightly higher on average, but not much.

I did all these sims with single team control, btw. Figured it couldn't hurt to throw another perspective in here...

Thanks for reinforcing what we had been seeing. In my opinion V3 plays fantastic with franchise 1 player or 30 team control. The updated version I will release this weekend is just another even more refined version.

# 75 elbomberoloco @ 05/26/16 09:00 AM
Quote:

In comparing 2.5 vs 3 the only "negative" I saw was every team had a large amount of reserve funds with 3 and one time w/ 2.5 one team went over budget. In fact all rosters I have simmed have had the trend of league wide increases yr 2 & 3 then start to level out, as far as increases go. This could have been an anomaly but w/ V3 after year one no team ever had a decrease in funds from the owner and this is the only roster I have seen this.

Right now I'm just running w/ V2.5 because that's what I had started...

# 76 consecutive27 @ 05/26/16 09:36 AM
Quote:
Thanks for reinforcing what we had been seeing. In my opinion V3 plays fantastic with franchise 1 player or 30 team control. The updated version I will release this weekend is just another even more refined version.

Will this updated version contain the speed and defensive rating edits you were talking about earlier? I am interested in seeing what those look like.

# 77 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/26/16 10:06 AM
Quote:
Will this updated version contain the speed and defensive rating edits you were talking about earlier? I am interested in seeing what those look like.

It has speed edits to a few players that SCEA rated poorly, those edits have made a nice difference with the defensive play of these teams/individuals as well but we did not do any defensive edits

# 78 consecutive27 @ 05/26/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
It has speed edits to a few players that SCEA rated poorly, those edits have made a nice difference with the defensive play of these teams/individuals as well but we did not do any defensive edits

Cool. It wouldn't kill the cpu to allow a few more of my line drives to drop in the outfield.

# 79 soonermagic75 @ 05/26/16 01:29 PM
When do u expect to release the next version Ridin, rosters are awesome by the way.

# 80 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/26/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
When do u expect to release the next version Ridin, rosters are awesome by the way.

I'm gonna release these Friday night, a little over 24 hrs from now

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.