Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 OSFM roster version #3 is available now in the roster vault.

PSN - Ridindwnkingsley

V3 is a continuation of the base that was used for V2. It features updated transactions and all corections from previous versions as well as the following
  • Glitch free roster base
  • Updated Equipment
  • Updated prospect ratings where needed
  • Additional prospects and minor leaguers
  • SCEA caps from roster updates added
  • SCEA updated ratings from live rosters
  • More international FA (Thanks Ivanhoe)
  • More Face edits
  • Batting stance and pitch motion edits where needed
  • As far as corrections all minor leaguers with career stats replaced and additional birthplaces and age corrections
  • Additional actual FA' such as J.Gomes
  • Stamina and def updates for pitchers and players where needed.
OSFM is always going to be updated with more and more additions. -As far as which version to use, it's user preference. Any version after V2 has the base stat -glitch removed. -As far as the most "complete" the newest will always be the most complete and V3 is on point.

Enjoy.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/28/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Ridin, I'm curious of your thoughts on potential. I'm considering going through and making my own personal edits to SCEA players, because they put in too many A's and B's in their updates. Would this be a solid scale to use?

Superstar 95-99
Perennial Allstar 91-94
All Star 87-90
Plus 83-86
Above Avg 78-82
Avg Regular 72-77
Platoon/Utility 66-71
Bench 60-65
Emergency Callup 55-59
Organizational 0-54

I found this somewhere in the forums a while back, but I can't remember where exactly.

Thats a decent scale, i dont think you should get too caught up in A's and B's as a B can develop in a a great player....prospects are hit and miss thus the never ending arguments and debates over them here but reality is a very small % turn i to what we think they will. But to answer your question sure that scale is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 102 bravesfan1984 @ 05/28/16 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Thats a decent scale, i dont think you should get too caught up in A's and B's as a B can develop in a a great player....prospects are hit and miss thus the never ending arguments and debates over them here but reality is a very small % turn i to what we think they will. But to answer your question sure that scale is close.

Thanks for the feedback!

# 103 Houston @ 05/28/16 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Ridin, I'm curious of your thoughts on potential. I'm considering going through and making my own personal edits to SCEA players, because they put in too many A's and B's in their updates. Would this be a solid scale to use?

Superstar 95-99
Perennial Allstar 91-94
All Star 87-90
Plus 83-86
Above Avg 78-82
Avg Regular 72-77
Platoon/Utility 66-71
Bench 60-65
Emergency Callup 55-59
Organizational 0-54

I found this somewhere in the forums a while back, but I can't remember where exactly.
How does potential work, when do players progress/ regress:

A potentials will typically progress much faster and better overall than any other potential type. That being said, players can move up and down in potential based on how they are performing during the season (you will receive an email saying stock is rising, or player should be part of our plans, or so and so isn't doing as well as we hoped). So lets say you draft someone with an A potential but with terrible stats. If you put him in the MLB, or even AAA right off the bat, he will most likely do very badly and move down a potential letter.

This works both ways however. You can draft someone with amazing stats, but his potential is a C/D. This isn't all that bad. You can put these guys in AA, and they will usually dominate the league and be bumped up a letter, ensuring they will become MLB caliber players.

When do players decline:

This is a problem in the Show. Most players start slightly regressing at around age 34. Anytime after this age their will come a season when the player completely falls off. I mean completely. He will fall down by -20 overall, and be utterly useless. There really is no way to stop this, other than manually editing the guy to keep him normal.

When do they retire:

Most guys retire after their contract is done between the ages of 36-40. Some retire really early for no reason, some retire later after that crazy decline happens. It is very random.

# 104 chainsaw4099 @ 05/28/16 08:24 PM
thanks a lot Ridin for taking the time to update the roster it just makes playing the show that much better

# 105 UNDERTAKER1215 @ 05/29/16 12:13 PM
I know I can edit it myself, and I do, but it gets to be a pain changing it everytime (and yes I know I'm being a bit picky), but for the next version, can you fix Collin Balester's, and Jonny Gomes' name' (Colin Balestar and Johnny Gomes in-game)?

Also Tommy Milone is in AAA for Minnesota, but he's been in the FA list in recent versions.

A few transactions I noticed that are missing (either occured after the roster was released or were minor moves that were missed).
- Eric Fornataro was released by the Orioles.
- Felipe Paulino was released by the Indians.
- Nate Schierholtz was released by the Tigers.
- James Loney was traded to the Mets.
- Michael McKenry was signed by the Cardinals.

Other than these few things, this roster is excellent.

# 106 AceLyn @ 05/29/16 12:23 PM
Is there any way to edit how the player was acquired? For example in my franchise as the Indians it says Bradley Zimmer was acquired in year 0 via "unknown".

Don't know why this bugs me, but it does.

You guys do an awesome job though, so thank you!

# 107 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/29/16 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER1215
I know I can edit it myself, and I do, but it gets to be a pain changing it everytime (and yes I know I'm being a bit picky), but for the next version, can you fix Collin Balester's, and Jonny Gomes' name' (Colin Balestar and Johnny Gomes in-game)?

Also Tommy Milone is in AAA for Minnesota, but he's been in the FA list in recent versions.

A few transactions I noticed that are missing (either occured after the roster was released or were minor moves that were missed).

Half of those transactions happened after the roster was released lol we are good but unfortunately not fortune tellers lol

# 108 consecutive27 @ 05/29/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
How does potential work, when do players progress/ regress:

A potentials will typically progress much faster and better overall than any other potential type. That being said, players can move up and down in potential based on how they are performing during the season (you will receive an email saying stock is rising, or player should be part of our plans, or so and so isn't doing as well as we hoped). So lets say you draft someone with an A potential but with terrible stats. If you put him in the MLB, or even AAA right off the bat, he will most likely do very badly and move down a potential letter.

This works both ways however. You can draft someone with amazing stats, but his potential is a C/D. This isn't all that bad. You can put these guys in AA, and they will usually dominate the league and be bumped up a letter, ensuring they will become MLB caliber players.

When do players decline:

This is a problem in the Show. Most players start slightly regressing at around age 34. Anytime after this age their will come a season when the player completely falls off. I mean completely. He will fall down by -20 overall, and be utterly useless. There really is no way to stop this, other than manually editing the guy to keep him normal.

When do they retire:

Most guys retire after their contract is done between the ages of 36-40. Some retire really early for no reason, some retire later after that crazy decline happens. It is very random.
Maybe it is just me, but I have not seen any player move up or down a letter grade in potential in the show 16. I have seen this in previous years but not this one. Now, I have seen guys not reach their potential or very slightly exceed it, but the letter grade never changed. For example, I have seen Gregory Polanco get up to a base rating, not influenced by morale, of 90. His potential never changed from b to an a though. He was able to do this by putting up some nice stats for a few years. I think this is maybe not realistic in some ways, but I think the league wide results are preferable as the league will not fill up with nearly as many a potential guys rated 90 and above. The example with Polanco is the exception, not the rule.

Having said all that, it is still important to pay attention to age and individual attributes, as well as overall and potential. I do like how the stats are impacting progression now, though. Young players with bad stats still progress, but once they reach a certain age, the stats can make or break, or at least stagnate them. That is what I have seen so far this year. Maybe we should continue this discussion in another thread?

# 109 UNDERTAKER1215 @ 05/29/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Half of those transactions happened after the roster was released lol we are good but unfortunately not fortune tellers lol

That's why I put in parenthesis that they occured either after the roster or were minor moves that were missed meaning I knew why certain ones (Loney and McKenry) were missing. No one is perfect, I know, just pointing them out for future versions.

# 110 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/29/16 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER1215

# 111 Smootie4891 @ 05/29/16 04:37 PM
I do my own things with rosters and would like some feedback. I did a total re rate. Rosters are pretty set except for tightening up around 12 teams. I balanced the rosters so every team has 20 Sp 20 rp 4 closers 17 of 22 inf and 7 catchers. I added around 15 older free agents like cliff lee to minors of teams since i play minor league games on 30 team control. I also have all updated transactions expect for maybe 1 or 2. Got the martinez of trade to stl in.. Arecinbia to ttampa too.. These are my own and already franchise ready. Added around 15 minor leagues who are making a impact. Only thing off is i added mariona rivera jr to the nationals since they signed him and his ovr and potential are high. Ill re reate it for version 1.0.

With that being said version 0.5 is in vault under Smoot4891. Please i would like feedback especially from ridin.

Ive dALL PITCH EDITS ARE IN ALSO!!!

# 112 finatics97 @ 05/29/16 04:51 PM
Can I request a player for the next OSFM roster? My good friend, CJ Chatham, is projected to get drafted within the first two rounds and I was wondering if he could be in that roster. He is a shortstop from Florida Atlantic University.

# 113 tonybologna @ 05/29/16 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finatics97
Can I request a player for the next OSFM roster? My good friend, CJ Chatham, is projected to get drafted within the first two rounds and I was wondering if he could be in that roster. He is a shortstop from Florida Atlantic University.
I can't remember for sure if Ridin has mentioned a post draft roster set or not. I don't think he has. I assume there will be a V4 though & don't know his plans for releasing that version. Maybe he can chime back in & let us know if a V4 would include any potential or some draft draft picks. Thanks!

# 114 yungincome @ 05/29/16 09:00 PM
Can I continue to roll with v3? Don't want to restart again. Lol great job with the rosters. Love them. Appreciate the hard work.

# 115 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/29/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungincome
Can I continue to roll with v3? Don't want to restart again. Lol great job with the rosters. Love them. Appreciate the hard work.

V3 is a great roster, no roster is 100% perfect not even sonys weekly updates

# 116 Culture Rot @ 05/30/16 07:36 AM
Quote:
V3 is a great roster, no roster is 100% perfect not even sonys weekly updates

Most ESPECIALLY not Sony's weekly updates

# 117 sportsnut599 @ 05/31/16 01:33 AM
i dont if you know it but there 2b ramon santiago in free agent it got the wrong stats for him he goes in the hall of fame all the time

# 118 Diefendorf32 @ 05/31/16 08:45 AM
Hey could you possibly add gerardo concepcion left handed pitcher for the cubs? And just add him to the free agent pool. I know the rosters are full. If possible could you please add him. Thanks

# 119 BrianM207 @ 05/31/16 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut599
i dont if you know it but there 2b ramon santiago in free agent it got the wrong stats for him he goes in the hall of fame all the time
There is a glitch with some of the legends, where if you import over them, whoever you import retains their stats. I believe thats the case with Santiago. Sucks yes, but at least hes just a free agent and not on a roster.

# 120 bravesfan1984 @ 05/31/16 10:22 AM
Ridin, I made defense adjustments to the v3 that I'll be using. It's crazy how some of the defense ratings from SCEA are so far off. Really hope you decide to make those changes to future versions like you thought about for v3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.