Home
Forza Motorsport 6 News Post

The Forza Motorsport 6 NASCAR Expansion Pack, which was rumored a little over a week ago, has been officially revealed and is available now for $20. The NASCAR Expansion pack features 24 NASCAR cars from the 2016 NASCAR season, representing five of the most celebrated and successful teams in series history, along with Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Check out the launch trailer here.

Quote:
The intensity of driving these quintessentially American race cars is at the heart of the NASCAR Expansion experience. Players will be able to drive twenty-four 2016-season NASCAR models from teams like Joe Gibbs Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, and Team Penske, including the cars of top-flight NASCAR drivers Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, and Chase Elliott. Johnson, Busch, and Elliott also serve as the stars of the “Voices of Motorsport” in the NASCAR Expansion, introducing fans to the history and technology of NASCAR.

Along with the new career mode and lineup of new cars, the NASCAR Expansion also includes a new destination – Homestead-Miami Speedway, available in all modes of play – as well as NASCAR-themed Rivals, Leagues and multiplayer hoppers, giving players the chance to experience NASCAR across the entirety of Forza Motorsport 6. And with the addition of brand new features such as rolling starts, a new Quick Stop mode, and a more complex drafting model, the NASCAR Expansion adds new levels of strategy and tension to pack racing in game.

Chip Ganassi Racing
  • 2016 Chevrolet #1 Chip Ganassi Racing McDonald's Chevy SS
  • 2016 Chevrolet #42 Chip Ganassi Racing Target Chevy SS
Joe Gibbs Racing
  • 2016 Toyota #11 Joe Gibbs Racing FedEx Express Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing M&M’s® Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Interstate Batteries Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing ARRIS Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing STANLEY Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Subway Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Dollar General Camry
  • 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing DEWALT Camry
Stewart-Haas Racing
  • 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Jimmy John’s Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Outback Steakhouse Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #10 Stewart-Haas Racing Nature's Bakery Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Mobil 1 Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #41 Stewart-Haas Racing Haas Automation Super Sport
Hendrick Motorsports
  • 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports FARMERS Insurance Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports Great Clips Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #24 Hendrick Motorsports NAPA Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #48 Hendrick Motorsports Lowe's Super Sport
  • 2016 Chevrolet #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport
Team Penske
  • 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Alliance Truck Parts Fusion
  • 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Brad K. Fusion
  • 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske Shell-Pennzoil Fusion
  • 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske AAA Fusion
Source - Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Forza Motorsport 6Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Forza Motorsport 6 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mo @ 05/17/16 11:36 AM

It looks so nice

# 2 ILuvMN81 @ 05/17/16 11:48 AM
I'm glad to see this but not at that price, to be honest (I'll get to that).

Current gen needs something NASCAR and I think Turn10 et al know that this will sell. Lots of complaining on the official Facebook page and likely other places but I think that's how people are with social media: go there to voice displeasure.

Alright on to my humble opinions

What I like: NASCAR in general, a new track, the ability to match up with other race cars (Aussie V8s in particular) and that several real world NASCAR tracks are included in the base game. Multiplayer will probably be fun.

What I don't: $20 for basically the same car and one new track. Still not a full game, and a pretty small selection of drivers and liveries. A field of 24 cars will have several "Joey Loganos"...4 #22s with the different schemes.

I'll likely get this but I'll wait and see what's said and if any good multiplayer leagues or even one off events develop.

# 3 Mo @ 05/17/16 12:14 PM
Bought and DLed.

Just waiting to play

# 4 Mo @ 05/17/16 02:47 PM
Homestead is really fun, so is The Glen. Daytona is a bit disappointing

# 5 Thrash13 @ 05/17/16 02:59 PM
I knew I should've gotten an XBox One instead of a PS4. Haha. This looks great, and it makes me hope for a new Nascar game in the near future.

# 6 ILuvMN81 @ 05/17/16 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHardaway
As far as the "multiple people with same car" problem goes, give it like a week or so and there will be a bunch of new ones that people have designed.
True. The design community has done a great job with IMSA and IndyCar, no reason to think NASCAR will be any different.

In free play mode the multiple with the same # problem may still apply. I never see any good designs offline outside of career mode (though I might be missing something...I'll admit).

# 7 brandon27 @ 05/18/16 09:32 AM
Awesome! Looks incredible visually, not that I would expect less from Forza 6 though. Nice to get a Nascar fix, even though it's not a complete nascar title. Can't wait to check this out tonight.

I wish the folks at Turn 10 would make a Nascar game in it's entirety. Nobody does racing quite like them from a driving standpoint. If they could use the drivatar technology to sync up with real life Nascar drivers attitudes/performance, man that could be so special I think.

# 8 DKHardee @ 05/18/16 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I knew I should've gotten an XBox One instead of a PS4. Haha. This looks great, and it makes me hope for a new Nascar game in the near future.
Dusenbury Martin Racing said they have an announcement later this week. Hopefully it's that they are finally going to release a NASCAR game for PS4/X1

# 9 brandon27 @ 05/19/16 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKHardee
Dusenbury Martin Racing said they have an announcement later this week. Hopefully it's that they are finally going to release a NASCAR game for PS4/X1
That would be awesome. But given their track record under different names, I'd be cautiously optimistic. Their driving model was always good, but their AI was majorly plagued with issues.

As for this F6 Nascar set... Nice little addition. Visually it's incredible, but thats no surprise for this game. I only got the first quick 10 lap race in as part of the tour, and it was fun. They did a great job with the cars, and the interiors. I had a blast in that short experience.

# 10 Thrash13 @ 05/19/16 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKHardee
The announcement is scheduled for tomorrow at 11AM Eastern! I'm looking forward to it, although I halfway expect them to announce their new game will release in early 2017. I'm not sure releasing a new game towards the end of the season is wise unless that thing is ready to go very soon. Haha

# 11 JMD @ 05/20/16 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
If you have a PS4 just get Project Cars, way better game. I bought the Forza Motorsport 6 Xbox one and could not be more disappointed in the game. Forza 6 is a mess in my opinion. Cars drive like they are on ice, the drivatar A.I. will smash and ram you all over the track , The rain effects are ridiculously unrealistic, No time of day or weather change during the races. I could go on but you get my point.

# 12 longranger @ 05/20/16 03:59 PM
Is the Nascar a good addition though?????

# 13 brandon27 @ 05/24/16 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
Is the Nascar a good addition though?????
If you're looking for a full nascar experience, IMO... No. If you're looking to further enhance the Forza 6 experience, then quite possibly yes.

You get the cars, you get homestead. You get a new "tour" that lets you race nascars against AI nascars on the Nascar tracks in the game, and I believe it then goes into racing Nascar's all over the world on the other tracks in the game. So, it's basically applying the Forza experience to Nascar, not applying Nascar to Forza.

It's similar to the Porsche expansion if you got that. New vehicles. New races. New track. Nothing much beyond that. So if you're into that, with a Nascar theme, then it's a nice holdover given the absence of a Nascar game at this point. However, it's far from being a full fledged Nascar experience. If that's what you're looking for you'll have to wait until the new Nascar Heat Evolution game comes out later in the year.

The cars are however gorgeous. They look great, in and out. Homestead is a nice addition both the oval, and the infield layout. It's a fun addition, but just keep in mind, it's not meant to be a Nascar game, just an experience.

It sure is fun though to hop into a Nascar, run Daytona, Homestead, Indy, Sonoma, Watkins Glen... I love racing the Glen in Forza 6, but I never had as much fun as I did running it in a Nascar the other night.

# 14 longranger @ 05/25/16 01:08 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys! Downloading now... Has anyone created the other cars not included with the 24 you get?????

# 15 sheredia @ 06/14/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
If you're looking for a full nascar experience, IMO... No. If you're looking to further enhance the Forza 6 experience, then quite possibly yes.

You get the cars, you get homestead. You get a new "tour" that lets you race nascars against AI nascars on the Nascar tracks in the game, and I believe it then goes into racing Nascar's all over the world on the other tracks in the game. So, it's basically applying the Forza experience to Nascar, not applying Nascar to Forza.

It's similar to the Porsche expansion if you got that. New vehicles. New races. New track. Nothing much beyond that. So if you're into that, with a Nascar theme, then it's a nice holdover given the absence of a Nascar game at this point. However, it's far from being a full fledged Nascar experience. If that's what you're looking for you'll have to wait until the new Nascar Heat Evolution game comes out later in the year.

The cars are however gorgeous. They look great, in and out. Homestead is a nice addition both the oval, and the infield layout. It's a fun addition, but just keep in mind, it's not meant to be a Nascar game, just an experience.

It sure is fun though to hop into a Nascar, run Daytona, Homestead, Indy, Sonoma, Watkins Glen... I love racing the Glen in Forza 6, but I never had as much fun as I did running it in a Nascar the other night.
wonder if the price will go down once nascar heat evolution is released....$20 bucks seems a bit pricey for not even a full game. picked up forza 6 for $40 bucks, so....think i'll wait to see if it does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.