Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has announced the addition of 2K StreamCast for the inaugural competitive eSports competition, Road to the Finals, starting May 21. This allows players to spectate NBA 2K16 games both in-progress and once they’re finished, from Xbox One and PS4 consoles.

You’ll be able to hop in live to watch games streamed directly from your console. All Road to the Finals games will also be on-demand once they’ve ended, for you to view whenever you want.

Sixteen teams will be facing off from 10am – 6pm PST to determine the two finalists that will compete for the championship on June 1. You can check out the Road to the Finals bracket here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 KingTocco @ 05/21/16 07:51 PM
People in the chat complaining about everything and anything. My favorite is how they keep calling out 2K for their poor commentating...like what do you want them to say?

No real basketball strategy going on, cheese everywhere, awful teams/players...hard to be a commentator on that.

# 42 Dyslexicphish @ 05/21/16 08:11 PM
Man OG just said on twitch that everyone who complained about how the cheesiest teams made the bracket are the same dudes who had every excuse on why they weren't getting planning time irl. Smdh throwing sim heads under the bus like that.

Not too impessed from what I've seen. It's pretty much space the floor while someone dribbles around until they break down the defender. If that didn't work dish it to a cutter. It's pretty much just street ball.

# 43 ksuttonjr76 @ 05/21/16 09:39 PM
Some of you people complain too much. I just watched the finals game, and I didn't think it was that bad.

# 44 jyoung @ 05/21/16 09:52 PM
The unrealistically high success rate of jump passes and interior lead passes was definitely the biggest gameplay problem on display in today's games. Those passes into the paint need to be getting tipped/bobbled/intercepted more often in 2K17. And the jump passes should be much more inaccurate in general.

The guys who were getting burned repeatedly by the post-up spin move just didn't do a good job of defending it. That move is totally defendable. I've had plenty of practice across all game modes against people who use the post-spin as their go-to move. In that situation, you want to sag off your man and let him dribble right into your body. That dribbling animation will often cause a turnover if you're playing a bit off instead of playing him tightly.

I did see a few too many bail out foul calls, but it's hard to comment on those unless I know what assist settings the defender was using and what button he pressed to contest the shot. If you have your defensive assist turned off and you use the right joystick to contest shots you shouldn't be getting too many bail out calls. But they will still happen from time to time even with that setup.

There was also a crucial flagrant foul called in the final minute of one of the middle round games on PS4. For 2K17 I'd like to see a 0% chance of a flagrant foul occurring if you have your assist off and you're using the right joystick. Those should only happen if you're using the most aggressive contest in the game (turbo + jump).

# 45 Goffs @ 05/22/16 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The fact that they're trying to make this into an E-Sport makes my head explode.. Other games that are E-Sports like League of Legends, DOTA 2, CSGO, COD, Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat.. You earn money by being the best at them. Scouting the other player, learning matchups, being the most skilled player.. Everything I've seen of 2K's "best" players, it's all a certain build meta, find the cheesiest moves that you can find, be better at exploiting said cheese moves than your opponent.. Totally the same thing as the high skill cap ESports games.
The only positive I see from all this is that those same moves ALL the teams use will no longer be as effective next year. I'm sure the devs are keeping a close eye on how these teams play. Plus it's better than watching some obnoxious youtuber about how to build a perfect cheeser.

# 46 Craxior @ 05/22/16 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
Man OG just said on twitch that everyone who complained about how the cheesiest teams made the bracket are the same dudes who had every excuse on why they weren't getting planning time irl. Smdh throwing sim heads under the bus like that.

Not too impessed from what I've seen. It's pretty much space the floor while someone dribbles around until they break down the defender. If that didn't work dish it to a cutter. It's pretty much just street ball.
That OG guy is weird, he's acting impressed with how teams scored 120ppg with obvious cheating percentages and stats, now he's vomiting this garbage out. Really bruh?

And yes all these teams in tourney were average at best and only got in because of point farming, this is not e-sports and will never be as long as game is half sim half arcade abomination, these guys can bs themselves all they want.

# 47 The 24th Letter @ 05/22/16 08:21 AM
I watched a couple of games, judging by the comments I thought it would be way worse than it was....should've known better though- lol

Some of these were actually a good watch some not so much. Also agree with Goffs, puts a direct video on some stuff that needs to be eliminated.

# 48 lowsingles @ 05/22/16 11:17 AM
I was honestly kind of taken aback by these games. All players looked like your standard park cheeser (dreads, tattoos on every body part, etc.) or an nba player mimic (lots of lebrons). The courts had the same ads, a bunch of basic team names as well.

Everyone played the same too. Run the fastbreak... If that fails ISO and zig zag with post up speed burst.... If that doesn't work abuse pump faking in the post. I don't think I saw anything past a basic pick and roll strategy wise. All of the teams literally seemed the same besides a few, presentation and gameplay. I don't mean to act befuddled, because I understand a bunch of people qualified with break starter and speed boosting, but I expected at least a few teams to try to implement an actual offense and come in prepared. Offensively a lot of teams were stagnated and lost and half court offense turned into 2k gifts or you don't score. The decision making skills were off too. I saw many go for a poster when they could use a floater, getting blocked because they didn't know how to directional dunk, not knowing how to choose the best pass leading to turnovers, and a lot of contested threes early in possessions, and don't even get me started on post play.

I will give credit, however, to the overall defense I saw in this tournament (from most teams). You could tell they were adept at on-ball defense. The team who won on XB1 was also adept at rebounding and intercepting passes, which
made all of the difference.

# 49 Dyslexicphish @ 05/22/16 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I watched a couple of games, judging by the comments I thought it would be way worse than it was....should've known better though- lol

Some of these were actually a good watch some not so much. Also agree with Goffs, puts a direct video on some stuff that needs to be eliminated.
It really wasn't that bad. 2K has done a good job eliminating the cheesier moves. But it wasn't that good either. Remember that these are the best of the best teams competing for $250,000 and a trip to the Nba finals. There was little to any actual basketball strategy. JYoung pretty much hit the nail on the head on how teams played.

I would have rather seen an All-Star team up tournament. These meta players are pretty much good at everything. Add to the fact that you only see 4-5 builds and you see the same playstyles throughout. Actual NBA players have strength as well as weaknesses so maybe you might see a little more strategy and diversity.

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 05/22/16 01:52 PM
Quote:
It really wasn't that bad. 2K has done a good job eliminating the cheesier moves. But it wasn't that good either. Remember that these are the best of the best teams competing for $250,000 and a trip to the Nba finals. There was little to any actual basketball strategy. JYoung pretty much hit the nail on the head on how teams played.

I would have rather seen an All-Star team up tournament. These meta players are pretty much good at everything. Add to the fact that you only see 4-5 builds and you see the same playstyles throughout. Actual NBA players have strength as well as weaknesses so maybe you might see a little more strategy and diversity.
Yeah, I wasn't blown away or anything, just wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these the 'best' teams pre the last patch?

# 51 Dyslexicphish @ 05/22/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't blown away or anything, just wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these the 'best' teams pre the last patch?
Patch 6 came out the third or fourth and the last two dates for the rttf was the seventh and eighth so it's cutting it close. OG and LD were saying on twitch that this year was just 2k getting their feet wet into the esports world so I'm interested where they go with it.

# 52 ksuttonjr76 @ 05/22/16 04:11 PM
Quote:

I thought the same thing. I watched the finals game on the XB1, and I didn't see anything cheesy or excessive. The games were watchable. I saw good ball movement, and could tell that there was good communication on the defensive side of the ball.

The problem is that people were expecting to see REAL basketball with real teams and coach, and forgot that they were watching a VIDEO GAME. I didn't watch the games expecting to see what I would see in a NBA game. I watched it expecting to see video game basketball, and wasn't disappointed. Honestly, I was expecting to see more hero ball and an ungodly amount of paint pound and/or 3PT shooting. I was pleasantly surprised to a good balance of scoring.

# 53 ksuttonjr76 @ 05/22/16 04:17 PM
Quote:

I WILL agree with this. Since everyone can pretty much create the same maxed players with an abundance of badges. If 2K Sports is serious about NBA 2K being in e-sports, then I think they should cap players where you're forced to have some type of "weakness" or set it up where you can only have a certain number of 90/80/70 overall players on one team. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some people are going to cry that they should be allowed to create the team however they want; however, I think THIS would promote strategy and diversity as to what you will see in a typical e-sport matchup between two teams.

# 54 lowsingles @ 05/22/16 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I WILL agree with this. Since everyone can pretty much create the same maxed players with an abundance of badges. If 2K Sports is serious about NBA 2K being in e-sports, then I think they should cap players where you're forced to have some type of "weakness" or set it up where you can only have a certain number of 90/80/70 overall players on one team. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some people are going to cry that they should be allowed to create the team however they want; however, I think THIS would promote strategy and diversity as to what you will see in a typical e-sport matchup between two teams.
I agree with you, I feel like 2k does need to make changes, and I definitely think they will, but lets not excuse the community. If the whole community was going to watch you live and you're playing for 250k, why would you not want to stand out? I can't understand why all of these dudes wanted to look the exact same, have the same ads, basically be "basic". Offense didn't come easy... A lot of it was transition. Surely I thought that there would be one team to actually have an set offense... and yes it is doable. I'm not judging them for cheesing at all, I'm saying it wasn't effective and halfcourt scoring was hard for most teams because everyone is used to it. I feel like teams would have had better success if they actually tried to use a freelance offense instead of the bandwagon cheese, but with all of that said..... I have no room to talk, because I didn't qualify lol. I give mad props to both teams in the final on XB1 though for the best defense I've seen on this game.

# 55 Caelumfang @ 05/22/16 06:19 PM
Attachment 120515

Can't say I'm surprised if this is true, lol.

# 56 Mbunn1993 @ 05/22/16 07:18 PM
Forcing player caps for a tourney like this isn't going to promote anything. We'll just end up with an even messier cheese fest with everything bricking instead. Once a cheeser, always a cheeser.

# 57 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/22/16 07:35 PM
Im sure it's not looking as bad as you guys would have thought . The patch cleared a lot of that up right before this lol

So you don't see as many full court Hail Mary plays for 1

# 58 Goffs @ 05/22/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Attachment 120515

I'm shocked that people will stoop that low when money is on the line. /s

# 59 GradyMac @ 05/23/16 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Attachment 120515

That sucks; but why are they running with some bum they picked up a couple of weeks ago. That is on them. They choose who their teammates are.

Should run with somebody you know instead of trying to grab a ringer.

# 60 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/23/16 10:04 AM
One man once said in Germany long time ago: ' We will create valued paper that will change friendships, relationships, families, people in general and on top of that it will change world. '

I feel sorry for that team tho, really sorry man.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.