Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

The NBA Draft Lottery concluded last night, with the full draft order in the 2016 NBA Draft now set.

Now that we're through the anticipation of who lands where, we can start really digging into how teams are going to change for next year's NBA 2K by looking at Mock Drafts.

The 76'ers are going to have to choose between Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram -- and the Lakers will almost certainly take the other piece of that duo after Philadelphia's pick.

Here are the top 12 picks in this year's draft:

Quote:
"Round 1

1. Philadelphia 76ers
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston Celtics (via Nets)
4. Phoenix Suns
5. Minnesota Timberwolves
6. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Sacramento Kings
9. Toronto Raptors (via Knicks)
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Orlando Magic
12. Utah Jazz"

There are numerous other interesting storylines heading into draft night. What are you looking for with your team from the 2016 NBA Draft?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Junior Moe @ 05/18/16 10:17 AM
If Philly takes Simmons then they would be a really fun to to run a ML with. Simmons, Okafor and Embiid provide some interesting options. Get a nice veteran PG and you could have something there in Philly. If you improve Simmons' jumpshot to respectable then Simmons will be a beast! I'm happy that Philly may be returning to NBA relevance.

# 2 jackzagal @ 05/18/16 10:31 AM
As Lakers fan, I want them to keep the pick and select Simmons or Ingram (whichever 76ers don't pick) and go for Whiteside or Horford. Russell-Clarkson-Ingram/Simmons-Randle-Whiteside/Horford would be a quite good starting five. Spend the rest of cap space on some good role players to fill a fairly good and balanced roster to try to compete to reach the Playoffs.

# 3 snc237 @ 05/18/16 11:08 AM
Raptors get 9th. Nice. Unfortunately now time to get swept.

# 4 Hornetz @ 05/18/16 11:35 AM
I don't know who the Pelicans should get. All season I hoped for Buddy Hield but I don't see the magical combination between the two if Buddy must get his shot off constantly, especially as a rookie, to be effective.
pelicans guard problems:
I was an advocate for Jrue Holiday coming off his all-star season when the 76ers jipped us and didn't mention during the trade he was hurt. Time for him to go.
Eric Gordon. My goodness, my Hornets/Pelicans are still feeling the repercussions of the Chris Paul Trade. We FINALLY got rid of Al-Farouq Aminu and Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon is the last one left.
Tyreke Evans, I purchased the dream of his magic and my investment has left me (and the Pelicans) broke.

Kris Dunn I am pushing for this guy! "He's John Wall with B+ athleticism instead of A+" an john wall can dish out a nice assist

# 5 Mauer4MVP @ 05/18/16 11:45 AM
If the Wolves weren't jumping up to #1 or #2, this is best case scenario.

Simmons and Ingram go 1 and 2. The Celtics nor the Suns need a guard and it's likely they both take forwards. They get one of Murray/Dunn/or Hield.

Here's to hoping Murray is still available. He would be a PERFECT fit for this team.

# 6 Caveman24 @ 05/18/16 11:58 AM
We'll be getting Ingram with the 2nd pick.

# 7 redsox4evur @ 05/18/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
We'll be getting Ingram with the 2nd pick.
How can be getting Ingram if he's going #1???

# 8 wallofhate @ 05/18/16 01:54 PM
I think Ingram is the better pic imo gotta feeling that Simmons is too big of a name for Philly to pass on. He's got great talent but I doubt his heart and killer instinct. Ingram is a poor man's Durant to me defends better and I feel has that drive and aggressiveness that turns a star into a superstar

# 9 KingTocco @ 05/18/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
How can be getting Ingram if he's going #1???
He's not, Simmons is going #1 guaranteed.

Brett Brown coached in Australia and is friends with Simmons' family, there is a connection there.

# 10 BA2929 @ 05/18/16 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
He's not, Simmons is going #1 guaranteed.

Brett Brown coached in Australia and is friends with Simmons' family, there is a connection there.

Simmons seems to want to go to LA. So that might be a road block for Philly to overcome. He could very well force himself away from Philly and into LA's arms.

Porzingis basically boxed Philly out of taking him last year.

# 11 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/18/16 07:30 PM
From my favourite club perspective (Nets) we would prolly sign some euroleague high profile players, Prokhorov attended final four of EL @ Berlin so he could sign maybe Teodosic or Malcolm Delaney, also Anthony Randolph lifted his game bigtime in Europe.

# 12 TheVinylHippo @ 05/19/16 12:11 AM
Call me crazy, but Philly should take Kris Dunn with the #1 pick. I think he's the best player in the draft. He's a great talent, NBA ready and he has the disposition required to play there. I think Philadelphia would love him.

# 13 Mauer4MVP @ 05/19/16 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Call me crazy, but Philly should take Kris Dunn with the #1 pick. I think he's the best player in the draft. He's a great talent, NBA ready and he has the disposition required to play there. I think Philadelphia would love him.
It'd make sense since they need guards, but that'd take some giant stones to pass on Ingram and Simmons.

# 14 jyod21 @ 05/19/16 09:48 AM
Quote:
You're crazy. If they want Dunn that bad, they should move down to 4, and acquire assets for #1, in the process. They shouldn't just outright take Dunn 1. Boston, Phoenix and Minnesota may all have interest to get to 1 to select Simmons. Kris Dunn would be available at any one of those slots. Make those guys pay for the rights to get Simmons.

# 15 TheVinylHippo @ 05/19/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
You're crazy. If they want Dunn that bad, they should move down to 4, and acquire assets for #1, in the process. They shouldn't just outright take Dunn 1. Boston, Phoenix and Minnesota may all have interest to get to 1 to select Simmons. Kris Dunn would be available at any one of those slots. Make those guys pay for the rights to get Simmons.
Better idea and something I should've thought of, but I couldn't go any lower than Boston's pick. I'd rather deal with Phoenix, though. Would they give up Devin Booker and the #4 pick (maybe #13, too) to move up to #1?

I'd also like to add that I don't believe any of this is going to happen and that I don't covet Simmons or Ingram the way everyone else seems to. I believe they're more likely to be busts than stars. This draft has 2005 written all over it.

# 16 Mauer4MVP @ 05/19/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Better idea and something I should've thought of, but I couldn't go any lower than Boston's pick. I'd rather deal with Phoenix, though. Would they give up Devin Booker and the #4 pick (maybe #13, too) to move up to #1?

I'd also like to add that I don't believe any of this is going to happen and that I don't covet Simmons or Ingram the way everyone else seems to. I believe they're more likely to be busts than stars. This draft has 2005 written all over it.
No chance the Suns do that. Booker is a really good prospect. I don't think they're a good trade partner. Here is one that makes sense:

Celtics trade: #3, #16, and a a 2nd for #1. Then they flip #1 and Bradley or Smart for Butler or some star.

# 17 TheVinylHippo @ 05/19/16 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
No chance the Suns do that. Booker is a really good prospect. I don't think they're a good trade partner. Here is one that makes sense:

Celtics trade: #3, #16, and a a 2nd for #1. Then they flip #1 and Bradley or Smart for Butler or some star.
How about #3 and Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick for #1? Do you think they would go for that?

I'm with you on Booker, but I would try if I were Philly. Would Phoenix go for #4, #13 (or #28, if that's too much) and T.J. Warren (perhaps Teletovic, if they're also unwilling to part with Warren) for #1?

# 18 Mauer4MVP @ 05/19/16 10:59 AM
Quote:
How about #3 and Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick for #1? Do you think they would go for that?

I'm with you on Booker, but I would try if I were Philly. Would Phoenix go for #4, #13 (or #28, if that's too much) and T.J. Warren (perhaps Teletovic, if they're also unwilling to part with Warren) for #1?

Yeah I think the Brooklyn pick is probably too valuable as well. I think the Phoenix thing could work for both teams. Putting Ingram/Simmons with Booker would really increase the rebuild for Suns. They probably go Simmons.

Philly probably would need #13 to save face.

# 19 TheVinylHippo @ 05/19/16 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Yeah I think the Brooklyn pick is probably too valuable as well. I think the Phoenix thing could work for both teams. Putting Ingram/Simmons with Booker would really increase the rebuild for Suns. They probably go Simmons.

Philly probably would need #13 to save face.
I'd take Denzel Valentine with the 13th pick. I think Dunn and Valentine would be an awesome backcourt, and they both start opening day. You'd also have T.J. Warren or Teletovic, and Philadelphia's three trees, if Embiid can get healthy. I think Philly would be looking pretty good going into the future.

The more I think about it the more I like it, and I'm not even a 76ers fan.

# 20 PhillyIMBlog.com @ 05/19/16 12:06 PM
Philadelphia isnt going anywhere. Noel is a good defender, but overall, an average player. Okafor can score, but cant defend or rebound. The jury is still out for Embiid. All our backcourt players are leftovers from other teams or the free agency. It will just be another stinker of a year, no matter who we draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.