Home
NHL 17 News Post

The following NHL 17 features were mentioned in the latest EA Sports survey. We should hear more specifics on them soon, until then post your thoughts!

More NHL 17 news can be seen here.

Every Moment Built By and For Fans - Every feature and game mode in NHL 17 is developed with direct input and feedback from our fans to create the game that hockey fans want. From all-new game modes, to new experiences and more depth in existing modes, to the best on-ice gameplay in franchise history – NHL 17 is built by and for hockey fans no matter which way you play.

Sharpen Your Game - The next generation of the NHL Visual On Ice Trainer returns in NHL 17 to teach you the skills to succeed at every end of the ice. Whether you’re a pro player looking to elevate your game to elite status, or brand new to the NHL series and lacing up your skates for the very first time, the Visual On-Ice Trainer adapts to your skill level using dynamic feedback and coaching to make you a better hockey player. For every skill level, this is your hockey season.

The Biggest and Most Exciting NHL Ever - From the front office to the faceoff dot, NHL 17 delivers the most authentic and thrilling hockey experience in franchise history. Step into the fast paced action and deliver bone crushing hits with 12 Player NHL® Collision Physics, make a game changing saves with all-new Authentic Goaltending and celebrate your biggest goals with dozens of new goal celebrations – all while surrounded by Living Crowds in true-to-life Authentic Arenas. Off the ice, live out your ultimate hockey fantasy in all-new modes including Draft Champions, The World Cup of Hockey, Franchise Mode and more. Whether you compete online in a bid for glory, or simply lace up the skates and create highlight reel moments, NHL 17 gives you the chance to Shape Your Legacy the way you see fit.

Shape Your Legacy - On the ice, behind the bench, and in the front office - NHL 17 gives you the chance to shape your legacy where it matters to you in the biggest and most exciting hockey game to date. With 3 all-new games modes and more depth in fan favorite modes, NHL 17 lets you call the shots from the front office to the face-off circle and have more control than ever to lead your team to glory.

Take Control of the Ice - Own Every Zone in NHL 17 with more end-to-end gameplay control than ever before. Authentic goalies look and play the part with true-to-life stances, striking emotion and new reaction physics. Net Battles change the game for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations capture the excitement of scoring the biggest goals on game night.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 T5063 @ 05/23/16 01:38 PM
The description of the new franchise mode sounds a LOT life Madden's CFM, which I am NOT a fan off.

# 22 ChubbyD @ 05/23/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrobbins84
Am I the only one that is skeptical? I mean this team has scrapped multiple things at the last minute before. I want to get excited but they've let me down so many times I can't allow myself to do it. I'll believe it all once we get around August and all of what they are saying actually makes it come launch.
I actually made this comment to them in the survey, over and over, whenever they gave me free text to write in.

# 23 norml @ 05/23/16 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Is NHL 16 bad? Is it worth picking up at a discount?
Don't bother. It's pretty bad.

# 24 actionhank @ 05/23/16 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Don't bother. It's pretty bad.
I wouldn't say don't bother. I think it depends what you expectations are. If you're expecting NHL 13/14 with next-gen graphics, it's a good game. But, gameplay wise, everything you liked is probably the same, and on the same token, anything you hated is there still as well.

The small tweaks help, but by and large, I find the gameplay to be nearly identical to NHL13 and 14 on last gen consoles. If you're okay with that, then I think it's worth it at a discount.

So, if you hated NHL13/14, avoid it. If you loved it, you should love this, if (like me) you thought it was an okay game, that needed a ton of work, but was sadly the only representation of hockey available so you suffer through it begrudgingly...you'll still think that. You'll just think it while admiring the shiny new glass and annoying NHL mascots.

# 25 peter21 @ 05/23/16 04:25 PM
So my take from this authentic goalies with real emotion is we'll see Henrik Lundqvist flip the goal over every 25 games or so.

# 26 asu666 @ 05/23/16 08:00 PM
I love this year's game and can't wait for the new version. The Owner-mode GM features are a nice addition.

# 27 NC12 @ 05/24/16 02:04 AM
With authentic goalies being in, does this mean Fleury will be Swiss cheese in net like he is in real life?

# 28 Money99 @ 05/24/16 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
With authentic goalies being in, does this mean Fleury will be Swiss cheese in the playoffs like he is in real life?
Fixed it for ya.

# 29 NoRoomInFrame @ 05/24/16 09:32 AM
EA Sports managed to produce an incredible amount of words considering they say practically nothing.

# 30 jake19ny @ 05/25/16 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoomInFrame
EA Sports managed to produce an incredible amount of words considering they say practically nothing.
Man we hockey gamers are so bad....my self included at times. They used an incredible amount of words? If it was a short article with limited info we would crush them for that. Say nothing we kill them, say something we call them liars......NHL 16 albeit next gen NHL 14 was not a bad game. Can't we just wait until the game comes out at least before we drop the usual insults and complaints on them?

# 31 actionhank @ 05/25/16 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Man we hockey gamers are so bad....my self included at times. They used an incredible amount of words? If it was a short article with limited info we would crush them for that. Say nothing we kill them, say something we call them liars......NHL 16 albeit next gen NHL 14 was not a bad game. Can't we just wait until the game comes out at least before we drop the usual insults and complaints on them?
I try not to be overly negative without reason. But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get tired of the usual "MOST INNOVATIVE GAME YET!" that we see. I know why they do it, and I don't expect them not to...I guess I just get worn out with the car salesman side of the game sales.

# 32 ChubbyD @ 05/25/16 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Is NHL 16 bad? Is it worth picking up at a discount?
It absolutely is. There are many things to take issue with it, but it is still the best version out there. The AI isn't perfect, but read this thread for how to make it better: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ght-stick.html Try some sliders, see what works. I am using a slight variation of the default hardcore/All-star sliders, and the game is a blast. You don't get all the positives in these threads, because what fun is that? Even MLB The Show, which is awesome, seems like it might not be great scrolling thru those threads. The difference there is the complaining is REALLY nitpicky, where we are trying to find some fundamental improvements to the NHL series.

# 33 Slegr @ 06/01/16 02:39 PM
Draft champions over GM Connected, the NHL series in a nutshell.

# 34 actionhank @ 06/01/16 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slegr
Draft champions over GM Connected, the NHL series in a nutshell.
I think the issue was that from EA's standpoint, GM Connected wasn't really played by many people...but at the same time, part of that problem is likely due to the fact that GM Connected was poorly developed and not really fun to play for most.

If they had a better version, the ability to shorten season length, and more features to draw people in, it could really be a great game mode to play. I would love to get a league together with friends, or people from here, and maybe set it up to where you can sim until teams play each other, assuming both players agree to play the game, but admittedly, it's probably a lot of work for a game mode that they don't think people will play.

# 35 Money99 @ 06/02/16 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I think the issue was that from EA's standpoint, GM Connected wasn't really played by many people...but at the same time, part of that problem is likely due to the fact that GM Connected was poorly developed and not really fun to play for most.

If they had a better version, the ability to shorten season length, and more features to draw people in, it could really be a great game mode to play. I would love to get a league together with friends, or people from here, and maybe set it up to where you can sim until teams play each other, assuming both players agree to play the game, but admittedly, it's probably a lot of work for a game mode that they don't think people will play.
This.

If GM Connected wasn't a shell of an option, I think more people would have enjoyed it.
I'm sure if they found a way to include micro-transactions to turn a buck, we'd still have it today.

# 36 shogunofharlem3 @ 06/02/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This.

If GM Connected wasn't a shell of an option, I think more people would have enjoyed it.
I'm sure if they found a way to include micro-transactions to turn a buck, we'd still have it today.
And if it didn't take 15 minutes to sim between weeks to get your block of games and then I can't even begin to tell you the frustration I had at the hours spent trying to sim to the next season. It was ludicrous the load times. That was a major deterrent for us.

We get a few hours a week to play tops! We don't want to spend have of that time in loading sim screens waiting for the next block. That was brutal

# 37 Arrowhead21 @ 06/06/16 11:39 AM
What's funny about the whole GM Connected debacle is how they like to claim its demise was due to users not playing it - but they haven't seemed to awknowledge the REASON why users weren't playing it - which was the devs inability to optimize the mode in any shape or form.

# 38 actionhank @ 06/06/16 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
And if it didn't take 15 minutes to sim between weeks to get your block of games and then I can't even begin to tell you the frustration I had at the hours spent trying to sim to the next season. It was ludicrous the load times. That was a major deterrent for us.

We get a few hours a week to play tops! We don't want to spend have of that time in loading sim screens waiting for the next block. That was brutal
Hell, simming offline is frustrating in it's own right. I wish I could just give my scouts a general plan "Find me defenders in North America, and Russian forwards. Check Finland for Goalies" and not have them bother me every week with information that is pretty much worthless in the game anyhow.

# 39 Money99 @ 06/06/16 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Hell, simming offline is frustrating in it's own right. I wish I could just give my scouts a general plan "Find me defenders in North America, and Russian forwards. Check Finland for Goalies" and not have them bother me every week with information that is pretty much worthless in the game anyhow.
Would be awesome if there was a way for the game to upload the information so you can view it online - similar to OOTP.

I'm still waiting for a sports game that allows me to manage my team online so when I get home, I only have to be concerned about playing the games.
How great would it be to make trades, call players up and down from the farm or alter lines while at work?

# 40 Redstar5 @ 06/08/16 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Franchise should involve arena costs, ticket/food pricing, team relocation, coach/scouts/training staff hiring/firing, etc etc. Madden had this for quite some time before.
Really? Ticket prices? As a 100% Be a GM player, I'd settle for decent scouting & development options

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.