Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 xNobleEaglex @ 05/23/16 08:17 PM
Thanks for the hard work to the entire Hybrid team. I always enjoy playing with this roster every year, and can't wait to dive in with my Braves again this year!

Like Willard said, no roster plays more true to life because of all the hard work you guys put in, and you guys are truly an asset to the Show community!

# 2 knich @ 05/23/16 08:17 PM
Thanks. Looking forward to these. Is there a spreadsheet or list showing the 15 men from each team that should be removed before end of spring training?

# 3 Willard76 @ 05/23/16 08:19 PM
How I Use 30 Team Control

Many have asked, and for myself being a guy who in the past only like using single team control, it took some adjustment and playing around to find setting for 30 team control I liked.

1. Set up 2 Profiles, 1 for your team, 1 for CPU teams

2. Profile 1, I set everything up on Manual Control to start the season

3. Profile 2 is a mimic of Profile 1 for Spring Training, then I transfer everything but lineups and 40 man to AUTO, (this way you can move players up and down to your roster through spring training and not lose guys on waivers)

4. Start your franchise - leave CPU trades turned ON (more about this later)

5. Play spring training - no injuries will happen unless you turn on injuries, you can move about 5 players up and down per day, they will use up one of their options but you won't loose them to another team - just make sure you move the player to AAA before taking them off the 40 to make room for your call up

6. At the end of spring training make sure you set your proper 40 man roster, then change Profile 2 to Auto for all categories

7.Every day during the season, scan through proposed trades and veto any bad trades the CPU makes, also sim every game but your teams and then scores will appear on the scoreboards as if they were happening at that time period.

That's about it! (I think)

# 4 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/23/16 08:23 PM
Even got the sticky this year. It truly is a good year.

To add onto what Willard already specified, we've pulled stances and motions from all over OS (Cultbuscus did), I must've updated Aaron Nola's pitch edits for the tenth time and we've been almost paranoid about adding in new pitch edits (over 1000 pitchers now) even from Spring Training this season, teeds provided something ridiculously high like 500 updated/new CAPs, we made sure that filler AA shortstop Peter Mooney (MIA) is 5'6" instead of 6'3", ensured that some obscure guy you've never heard of has a secondary position, run I don't know how many sims etc etc...you get the idea.

Now we're not claiming perfection at all because some areas we didn't have time to get to (equipment other than Phillies); at this point we're several hundred hours deep cumulatively, but we all think this is a seriously franchise-worthy roster. Enjoy!

# 5 Scott @ 05/23/16 08:27 PM
Great work as always guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 6 chilidogbeefcake @ 05/23/16 08:28 PM
This roster appears to have real contracts, should I turn off budgets for a 30 team control franchise I plan to play for many seasons?

# 7 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/23/16 08:29 PM
Also thanks to Motown for providing quite a few faces for players that went missing in roster updates. We all know that Mo does great work.

# 8 Scrapps @ 05/23/16 08:32 PM
Just downloaded, and looks amazing. I cannot thank you all enough, for your time and effort. You guys, take an already great game, to a totally different level. Is much appreciated.

Willard, I wish nothing but the best for you, your son, and your family.

# 9 blueduke @ 05/23/16 08:43 PM
Great roster. Thanks for all those that invested their time working on it. Prayers for your son as well, Willard. My son went thru something similar 5 years ago so I know all you've went thru

# 10 Willard76 @ 05/23/16 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Also thanks to Motown for providing quite a few faces for players that went missing in roster updates. We all know that Mo does great work.

I totally forgot Motown who once again provided quality faces no one can touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
This roster appears to have real contracts, should I turn off budgets for a 30 team control franchise I plan to play for many seasons?

I play that way. But I also like to control Free Agency a little bit for realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Just downloaded, and looks amazing. I cannot thank you all enough, for your time and effort. You guys, take an already great game, to a totally different level. Is much appreciated.

Willard, I wish nothing but the best for you, your son, and your family.

Thank you. My little guy is a trooper

Willard

# 11 benanderson110 @ 05/23/16 08:55 PM
Thanks so much for all the hard work everyone!

# 12 Speedy @ 05/23/16 09:04 PM
One day, I'll be cool enough to pull off a joke about your PSN name, Willard.

Awesome roster as always team...everybody involved did a tremendous job. This is what OS is truly about!

# 13 tapout8302 @ 05/23/16 09:21 PM
Awesome, can't wait to check this out later. Is there a certain slider set you recommend for the roster?

# 14 Willard76 @ 05/23/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
One day, I'll be cool enough to pull off a joke about your PSN name, Willard.

Awesome roster as always team...everybody involved did a tremendous job. This is what OS is truly about!

My psn is an old COD joke name that stuck

# 15 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/23/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.
Just wanted to make a quick clarification for those who might not be used to Willard's sense of humor. "Dr Illinois" is not dead, just banned, lol. Nobody died and no animals were harmed during the assembly of this roster.

# 16 Vechi8 @ 05/23/16 09:59 PM
Finally, get to play an organized game and not the cut screen demo! Thank you all for your work, what a complete package! Finally a roster maker gets that Jayson Werth's potential is not an A!!! I hope that your little guy gets out soon so that he can watch Pop play to all hours in the night! Come on boys, let's show our appreciation and get the donations to The most important cause

# 17 Vechi8 @ 05/23/16 10:02 PM
Here is the web for everyone http://www.rmhctoronto.ca/

# 18 Willard76 @ 05/23/16 10:06 PM
Just a touch on my son, he is home and doing well. Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Like any other transplant patient he has a long journey ahead of him, but he luckily is only 2 and really has know idea what he has gone through or is going through.

For years guys have offered donations on PayPal to the creators, I want to give back to the place that has been our home for 12 months of the last 2 years that can use as much funding as it can get.

Willard

# 19 AussieGiantsFan @ 05/23/16 10:10 PM
Thank you so much to everyone that has contributed. Can't wait to play properly now these rosters are available. Pure genius!

Also sending well wishes to your son and family, all the way from Australia.

# 20 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/23/16 10:15 PM
I just donated 1 family/1 night so your next night there is on me, although I hope you don't have to spend much more time there. All the best of health to baby Willard.

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.