Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/04/16 06:03 PM
If you haven't yet started a franchise, you can edit Shields' contract down to what the Sox will actually pay. There really isn't a great way to make SD pay for it without increasing someone else's contract on the Padres. That can be tricky if the player is released or traded.

But, you can't edit salaries at all after you are already in franchise mode.

# 282 redsoxfan31 @ 06/04/16 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
If you haven't yet started a franchise, you can edit Shields' contract down to what the Sox will actually pay. There really isn't a great way to make SD pay for it without increasing someone else's contract on the Padres. That can be tricky if the player is released or traded.

But, you can't edit salaries at all after you are already in franchise mode.
Last year with Josh Hamilton I think what I did was I edited a crummy AA player on the Angels to have the salary that LAA was paying and then I gave Hamilton his real life salary on TEX that way both teams have the accurate financial responsibility. Kinda sucks cause you got a minor leaguer with some huge contract but it helps with the financial realism

# 283 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/04/16 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
Last year with Josh Hamilton I think what I did was I edited a crummy AA player on the Angels to have the salary that LAA was paying and then I gave Hamilton his real life salary on TEX that way both teams have the accurate financial responsibility. Kinda sucks cause you got a minor leaguer with some huge contract but it helps with the financial realism
To me that's a less realistic option than just letting the team off the hook, which is what I do for the team subsidizing a player's contract on another team.

# 284 redsoxfan31 @ 06/04/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
To me that's a less realistic option than just letting the team off the hook, which is what I do for the team subsidizing a player's contract on another team.
But in most of these big salary trades, the team eating the money is doing so to make the other player go away which is why I keep the salary on the team because they were so desperate to get rid of the player

# 285 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/04/16 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
But in most of these big salary trades, the team eating the money is doing so to make the other player go away which is why I keep the salary on the team because they were so desperate to get rid of the player
Sure, but having an AA player with a $30 million contract doesn't do it for me, lol.

What we really need is for MLB 17 to have worked in some more nuance to the contracts (vesting options, cash in trades, signing bonus, edit salary by year, edit salary within a mode, PTBNL, etc) to really do it justice.

# 286 redsoxfan31 @ 06/04/16 06:56 PM
Quote:
Sure, but having an AA player with a $30 million contract doesn't do it for me, lol.

What we really need is for MLB 17 to have worked in some more nuance to the contracts (vesting options, cash in trades, signing bonus, edit salary by year, edit salary within a mode, PTBNL, etc) to really do it justice.
I really wish the PTBNL could be added in, that would add a whole new level of fun to franchise if you could create a list of players they could choose from and then halfway through the offseason a player just disappears from your team lol

# 287 pnt39 @ 06/04/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulap
Then change it, it won't be addressed here.
No reason to be a dick, dude. It was just an observation...

# 288 Nulap @ 06/04/16 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnt39
No reason to be a dick, dude. It was just an observation...
Wasn't being a dick, just stated a fact that has been mentioned numerous times within this very thread. A quick perusal would've let you know that without having to post. Since you seemed to be the tl;dr type, I gave you the tl;dr response.

# 289 cwhalx23 @ 06/05/16 10:31 AM
Willard please look into the royals there AA and single A team are missing prospect and are in need of facial edit. Kansas City Royals - Missing Prospect
A, AA ,AAA

SP
Jake Junis- Missing Prospect -AA
Eric Skoglund- Cap face need to be re edit -AA
Matt Strahm- Cap face need to be re edit -AA
Pedro Fernandez- Missing prospect -AA
Luke farrell- Cap face need to be re edit -AAA

RP
Eric stout- Missing prospect -AA
Evan beal- Missing prospect -AA
Andrew Edwards- Missing prospect-AAA
Brooks pounders- Caps face need to be re edit-AAA
Benino pruneda- Missing prospect -AAA

C
Allan de San Miguel- Missing prospect -AA

IF
Carlos diaz- Missing prospect-AA
Jack lopez - Cap face need to be re edit- AA
Mauricio ramos-Missing prospect-AA
Frank schwindel-Cap face need to be re edit-AA
Corey Toups- Cap face need to be re edit -AA
Wander franco-Missing prospect- A

OF
Carlos Garcia- Missing prospect-AA
Amalani Fukofuka-Missing prospect-A
Anderson miller- Missing prospect-A

# 290 teeds @ 06/05/16 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhalx23
Willard please look into the royals there AA and single A team are missing prospect and are in need of facial edit. Kansas City Royals - Missing Prospect
A, AA ,AAA

SP
Jake Junis- Missing Prospect -AA
Eric Skoglund- Cap face need to be re edit -AA
Matt Strahm- Cap face need to be re edit -AA
Pedro Fernandez- Missing prospect -AA
Luke farrell- Cap face need to be re edit -AAA

RP
Eric stout- Missing prospect -AA
Evan beal- Missing prospect -AA
Andrew Edwards- Missing prospect-AAA
Brooks pounders- Caps face need to be re edit-AAA
Benino pruneda- Missing prospect -AAA

C
Allan de San Miguel- Missing prospect -AA

IF
Carlos diaz- Missing prospect-AA
Jack lopez - Cap face need to be re edit- AA
Mauricio ramos-Missing prospect-AA
Frank schwindel-Cap face need to be re edit-AA
Corey Toups- Cap face need to be re edit -AA
Wander franco-Missing prospect- A

OF
Carlos Garcia- Missing prospect-AA
Amalani Fukofuka-Missing prospect-A
Anderson miller- Missing prospect-A
Perhaps you could update these players yourself and share them in the vault? That would save somebody a lot of time that could be dedicated to other things.

# 291 cwhalx23 @ 06/05/16 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
Perhaps you could update these players yourself and share them in the vault? That would save somebody a lot of time that could be dedicated to other things.
Im not very good on creating caps such as yourself teed and willard.If i had your skills i wouldn't comment on this thread.I wasn't trying criticize people that work on this hybrid roster.If it did appears so im sorry i wont comment on this thread again.

# 292 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/05/16 03:24 PM
Quote:
Im not very good on creating caps such as yourself teed and willard.If i had your skills i wouldn't comment on this thread.I wasn't trying criticize people that work on this hybrid roster.If it did appears so im sorry i wont comment on this thread again.
If you put the same effort toward practicing faces that you do asking for people to make 50 non-prospects and so so prospects each year, you might already be decent at it. Everyone had to start somewhere, even teeds and even Motown.

I mean when I started making faces (the few that I have attempted), I was objectively the worst ever. Now after a bit more practice, I'm merely bad at it.

# 293 teeds @ 06/05/16 04:09 PM
Quote:
I never thought you were criticizing anyone. I'm simply trying to provoke you to taking action. It's not as if anybody is born with the ability to create accurate faces for the show. It takes patience and practice, blah blah. If there were more people that would work on face editing and sharing their finished product instead of merely commenting on this or that needing to be fixed, we'd have far less Jack Lopez's around to correct.

# 294 Still2REal @ 06/07/16 02:29 PM
I'm thinking of restarting and using this roster but I'm in season 4. How do the re-rates play with new prospects who come into the game?

Also, I'm at work and can't see the "correct contracts" but are they really accurate or just the big name players? I'm assuming Pujols contracts is properly bloated but does this roster have CJ Wilson at $20M? I always like to trade Kemp for him and shed some Padre payroll.

Furthermore, those looking to trade Shield in season can swap him for Danks who was making around $16M before being released. Assuming this roster set was that accurate

# 295 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/07/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
I'm thinking of restarting and using this roster but I'm in season 4. How do the re-rates play with new prospects who come into the game?

Also, I'm at work and can't see the "correct contracts" but are they really accurate or just the big name players? I'm assuming Pujols contracts is properly bloated but does this roster have CJ Wilson at $20M? I always like to trade Kemp for him and shed some Padre payroll.
Contracts are accurate for everyone. We didn't just pick out some and edit them.

Your other question about drafted players has been asked and answered a few times already. I'd recommend searching the thread for more info.

# 296 Still2REal @ 06/07/16 03:33 PM
Quote:

Your other question about drafted players has been asked and answered a few times already. I'd recommend searching the thread for more info.
Yeah I tried that. All I got was a bunch of posts about how the players are rated too high, what sliders to use, and varying opinions on projections. I'll keep looking

# 297 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/07/16 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Yeah I tried that. All I got was a bunch of posts about how the players are rated too high, what sliders to use, and varying opinions on projections. I'll keep looking
The search feature can be useful to get past all that stuff.

Short answer: Yes, the re-rates are fine. The re-rates don't really make the league much better or worse overall.

More nuanced answer: It depends on how you think the drafted prospects should come into the game in the first place. It's too subjective to be a yes/no question. You can always run some simulations to find out if it's for you or not.

# 298 Still2REal @ 06/07/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
The search feature can be useful to get past all that stuff.

Short answer: Yes, the re-rates are fine. The re-rates don't really make the league much better or worse overall.

More nuanced answer: It depends on how you think the drafted prospects should come into the game in the first place. It's too subjective to be a yes/no question. You can always run some simulations to find out if it's for you or not.
Thanks man. I'm fine with the rookies and high/low OVR rating and varying potentials don't bother me that much. I'm actually a bigger fan of correct contracts than anything else. I just didn't want newly drafted prospects coming in and being completely skewed from the original roster set.

# 299 tmello5 @ 06/08/16 01:36 AM
Quote:
Yes, this has been addressed 4 or 5 times already. Some utility players have had their eligibilities reduced a bit. My advice is give Holt LF/INF and then set his primary to RF if you ever want to give Mookie a day off and play him there.
How do we get that specific secondary position setup, the LF/iINF? When I go into edit player and go through the secondary position options I do not see LF/INF option, is there another way to edit players besides the game's player editor?

# 300 KayOtic723 @ 06/08/16 01:48 AM
Hey quick question is there a website that show a pitcher outing pitch for pitch like what pitch they threw and if it was a foul or strike...like the pitcher analysis thing on the show...just wondering thought I ask here because I know you guys use a lot of data to make your rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.