Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/08/16 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmello5
How do we get that specific secondary position setup, the LF/iINF? When I go into edit player and go through the secondary position options I do not see LF/INF option, is there another way to edit players besides the game's player editor?
You give LF as the primary and INF as the secondary. There is no single position that is LF/INF. The idea is you can change the primary to RF before the game if you want to start him there. He can keep his INF secondary the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Hey quick question is there a website that show a pitcher outing pitch for pitch like what pitch they threw and if it was a foul or strike...like the pitcher analysis thing on the show...just wondering thought I ask here because I know you guys use a lot of data to make your rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, check out Brooks Baseball. Poke around a little, but if you go to Dashboard, it takes you to the day's slate of games. You can then click on any pitcher's Game Log and see his pitches/mph/movement for that outing.

Here's the page for Yordano Ventura against Baltimore from last night as an example. There is more data than you probably want here and many ways to sort it. Check it out.

# 302 KayOtic723 @ 06/08/16 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
You give LF as the primary and INF as the secondary. There is no single position that is LF/INF. The idea is you can change the primary to RF before the game if you want to start him there. He can keep his INF secondary the whole time.

Yep, check out Brooks Baseball. Poke around a little, but if you go to Dashboard, it takes you to the day's slate of games. You can then click on any pitcher and see his pitches/mph/movement for that outing.

Here's the page for Yordano Ventura against Baltimore from last night as an example. There is more data than you probably want here and many ways to sort it. Check it out.

Thanks big nats fan and I wanted to see Joe Ross outing from last night crazy he is pitching this good with two pitches! If he gets another breaking ball or sinker [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 303 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/08/16 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detray1
When will rosters be out with drafted players on teams?
There's no plans for a draft version. People can take the draft-eligible players that are already in the vault and import them into their rosters as they see fit.

If someone wants to go ahead and upload their work for others after importing, go for it. No need for anyone's permission.

# 304 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/09/16 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertoyourhead
Is Luis Torrens not on the yankees because of his injury or why is he not one created? Thanks
Yes, because there is a 90-man limit and there were healthier, more advanced players to get in instead of Torrens.

# 305 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/09/16 12:31 PM
Quote:
I would have rather had him since he has potential rather than some of the other yankee catchers that have a D pot
Maybe so, but when putting the roster together, we always give preference to guys closer to the big leagues. We try for nearly 100% accurate AAA teams and for having most of the AA players. There aren't a lot of left over spots for A ball players and with Torrens not playing much in the past 2 years, there were other guys we saw ahead of him. It's just how this roster is put together every year.

There is usually a Yankees thread and they upload extra Yankees sometimes. You can look for that thread and maybe get Torrens that way.

# 306 RogueHominid @ 06/11/16 03:44 PM
Just giving this a look, unless I'm missing something the overall ratings distributions don't look wildly different from the SCEA ones, even though lots of individual ratings were changed.

This might suggest that the difference, while substantial at the micro level, is not so great as to make the game play wonky.

The only area where the contrary seems to be true is with top power prospects, who often get more generous ratings than SCEA (like Baez), and with top pitching prospects, many of whom on teams like LAD and STL, appear to be ready as very young players to be middle of the rotation starters on good teams.

It looks like a major area of focus was on adjusting defensive and speed ratings to create more differentiation between league average and elite defenders. Is that an accurate assessment? I kind of like that bit, personally.

I've read through much of the thread, but in frank terms, are there any concerns with how these play out and integrate with SCEA rookie classes over 3-5 season sims?

I seem to remember last year seeming like there were lost more really drastic differences between OVR talent distribution when compared to SCEA. I may be wrong there, but I kind of like what I'm perceiving as tighter comparisons in terms of OVR distribution across MLB and MILB teams.

As someone who doesn't know anything about these projection systems, what's the aggregated data on how solid their predictions are on the whole?

# 307 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/12/16 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
It looks like a major area of focus was on adjusting defensive and speed ratings to create more differentiation between league average and elite defenders. Is that an accurate assessment?
I think so. The only thing I would correct about this statement is that we didn't really aim to create any separation; it was there in the data and we just let it come out.

Quote:
I've read through much of the thread, but in frank terms, are there any concerns with how these play out and integrate with SCEA rookie classes over 3-5 season sims?
No concerns.

Quote:
As someone who doesn't know anything about these projection systems, what's the aggregated data on how solid their predictions are on the whole?
I'd suggest researching this topic on the internet. Frankly, a discussion of what projections are and how they are arrived at is way beyond the scope of this roster thread. There's a lot of good information out there on FanGraphs and other websites. There is also a comparison of different projection systems at the Hardball Times with some further information. This is definitely reading for people who aren't very familiar with projections or see it as some sort of voodoo magic.

# 308 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/12/16 02:43 PM
Quote:
Is Luis Torrens not on the yankees because of his injury or why is he not one created? Thanks
By the way, Torrens was actually in our roster. I forgot that we added him in favor of Santiago Nessy right before the roster came out. So if you weren't able to find Torrens, you were probably looking at a different roster.

Both the roster name and owner's PSN is given in Post 1 of this thread.

# 309 WaitTilNextYear @ 06/12/16 03:01 PM
Just an announcement for people who may not have seen this thread, but for the Hybrid V2 with equipment edits and some light misc edits, go to Post 1 here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lable-now.html

Aside from equipment edits for guys who've played in the bigs this year, a short list of error fixes from V1 includes:

-Throwing handedness for Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Logan Morrison was corrected. Josh Wall (FA) has throwing and batting handedness corrected.

-Joel Peralta and Travis Jankowski were properly re-rated.

-Kyle Higashioka's career stats have been eliminated.

-Some minor edits to positions...Nelson Cruz to primary RF, Jung-ho Kang to primary 3B etc. Some utility players (e.g. Brock Holt) still do not have full positional eligibility and there are no plans to fix this.

-Pitch edits updated for a few dozen pitchers (mostly front end starters and rookies such as Jameson Taillon).

-A few improved CAPS (Motown's Anderson Espinoza for example) and missing Edwin Diaz (SEA) were added.

What this V2 roster does NOT include:

-2016 Draft picks

-Updated transactions

-Anything else not mentioned above

Unless you are an equipment nut, I wouldn't necessarily recommend re-starting an existing franchise for this. But it's there for the people who have a bad case of the re-starts/bad case of the wait-for-the-next-shiny-thing syndrome, for people who haven't started their franchise yet, or haven't got very far, and for those who want updated equipment.

# 310 RogueHominid @ 06/14/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
I think so. The only thing I would correct about this statement is that we didn't really aim to create any separation; it was there in the data and we just let it come out.

No concerns.

I'd suggest researching this topic on the internet. Frankly, a discussion of what projections are and how they are arrived at is way beyond the scope of this roster thread. There's a lot of good information out there on FanGraphs and other websites. There is also a comparison of different projection systems at the Hardball Times with some further information. This is definitely reading for people who aren't very familiar with projections or see it as some sort of voodoo magic.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback and for the hard work on the roster!

I like the data-driven approach and can tell that a ridiculous amount of detail that went into producing the full 90 man roster for each team.

# 311 tonybologna @ 06/14/16 03:58 PM
Quote:
Just an announcement for people who may not have seen this thread, but for the Hybrid V2 with equipment edits and some light misc edits, go to Post 1 here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lable-now.html

Aside from equipment edits for guys who've played in the bigs this year, a short list of error fixes from V1 includes:

-Throwing handedness for Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Logan Morrison was corrected. Josh Wall (FA) has throwing and batting handedness corrected.

-Joel Peralta and Travis Jankowski were properly re-rated.

-Kyle Higashioka's career stats have been eliminated.

-Some minor edits to positions...Nelson Cruz to primary RF, Jung-ho Kang to primary 3B etc. Some utility players (e.g. Brock Holt) still do not have full positional eligibility and there are no plans to fix this.

-Pitch edits updated for a few dozen pitchers (mostly front end starters and rookies such as Jameson Taillon).

-A few improved CAPS (Motown's Anderson Espinoza for example) and missing Edwin Diaz (SEA) were added.

What this V2 roster does NOT include:

-2016 Draft picks

-Updated transactions

-Anything else not mentioned above

Unless you are an equipment nut, I wouldn't necessarily recommend re-starting an existing franchise for this. But it's there for the people who have a bad case of the re-starts/bad case of the wait-for-the-next-shiny-thing syndrome, for people who haven't started their franchise yet, or haven't got very far, and for those who want updated equipment.
Have you roster guys asked for this V2 to be stickied now instead of V1? Remove V1 from sticky & replace with V2 sticky? What you'll think of that idea? Thanks!

# 312 Culture Rot @ 10/06/16 12:11 AM
What does 30 team control mean, as mentioned on the first page?

Does that mean at the team select screen, I have to select all 30 teams? Or can I pick 1 team, and just turn CPU roster control on

I dont want anything to do with owning the computer teams, I just want to be able to set accurate lineups, etc.

Please help

# 313 WaitTilNextYear @ 10/06/16 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
What does 30 team control mean, as mentioned on the first page?

Does that mean at the team select screen, I have to select all 30 teams? Or can I pick 1 team, and just turn CPU roster control on

Please help
There is a stickied thread in the main forum that you can/should take a look at:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-control.html

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.