Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 soonermagic75 @ 05/23/16 10:59 PM
Any slider adjustments / tweaks needed with these for franchise play, awesome work as always.

# 22 JaFFiTh @ 05/23/16 11:19 PM
Good to hear about your son being home and doing well. I have a daughter who have gone thru lots of appointments, supposed to finally find out next week if she is diagnosed with some kind of disease/disability (they are hinting it as they are making us drive a hour just for the appointment) She's almost 15 months old but has been an awesome baby and always a happy/giddy little girl, wouldn't trade her for anything!

As for the roster, it looks good so far, and as usual! Eventhough I noticed Anderson Espinoza of the Red Sox has a huge head (compared to his tiny body lol) only thing I really noticed so far, haven't really gone in depth yet.

# 23 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/23/16 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
As for the roster, it looks good so far, and as usual! Eventhough I noticed Anderson Espinoza of the Red Sox has a huge head (compared to his tiny body lol) only thing I really noticed so far, haven't really gone in depth yet.
Lol, but he looks good/proportional in the game. You found one of the 2 faces I did myself. The Espinoza we inherited looked like half goblin half Indian John Stamos. Not saying I did great, but it is much better than before. Good eye.

# 24 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/23/16 11:48 PM
I know Espinoza is a really prominent prospect and it was risky trying out my mediocre-to-bad artistic skills on him, but here are real pics along with some in-game pics of our Espinoza if you're a Red Sox fan and are worried by that one guy's post, lol. Some of it is probably the "big head glitch" that you see in the editor from time to time.

# 25 ozbloke19792007 @ 05/24/16 12:13 AM
Awesome as usual. Cheers guys. Is there anywhere where I can find the DL for opening day.

Thanks in advance

# 26 JaFFiTh @ 05/24/16 12:15 AM
Yeah I went thru the rosters his was the only one that showed big head other than LaStella. His face does look better than the one that was on the orginial OSFM, just the size I did check the head size and it's actually close to the smallest so I have no idea. I'm no face maker myself lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

# 27 Garrett59 @ 05/24/16 12:16 AM
I got some questions. Isnt a 97 and 89 a little too high for Thor and Vince Velaquez respectively based off their experience? And how does Urias have 87 stamina when he just threw 6 innings for the 1st time the other day. I also think Faria for the Rays may be a little overrated considering he hasnt succeeded above AA yet. I love these rosters but I would lioe to understand why the young guns are so highly rated already. Like Velasquez better then Hamels and many more just seems odd so early in his career after like 2 months of good pitching. And having Thor higher overall then Arrieta seems unjust to say the least. Please dont construe this as hating im just curious as to why people were rated the way they are.

# 28 ShowTyme15 @ 05/24/16 12:19 AM
As always great job guys.

# 29 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
I got some questions. Isnt a 97 and 89 a little too high for Thor and Vince Velaquez respectively based off their experience? And how does Urias have 87 stamina when he just threw 6 innings for the 1st time the other day. I also think Faria for the Rays may be a little overrated considering he hasnt succeeded above AA yet. I love these rosters but I would lioe to understand why the young guns are so highly rated already. Like Velasquez better then Hamels and many more just seems odd so early in his career after like 2 months of good pitching. And having Thor higher overall then Arrieta seems unjust to say the least. Please dont construe this as hating im just curious as to why people were rated the way they are.
Everything is based on Steamer projections exactly so we avoid this type of "but I think so and so is better" type of fallacy. We have tested formulas that rely on industry-standard projections (based on actual performance) and numbers come out and we use the output. It works so well that only very rarely do we go in and adjust something.

As for STAM, you have to remember that stamina does not progress in the game. So we've tried to hit the sweet spot of what guys might turn into without overdoing it. Otherwise you have a bunch of 5 inning starting pitchers with 68 STAM in year 7 of your franchise. No thanks.

Also saying that Syndergaard at 97 and Arrieta only at 96 OVR is a big deal is a bit of a stretch, lol. You made it sound like Arrieta was a 65 OVR or something. It's not like Syndergaard isn't one of the most dominant pitchers around either. OVR isn't everything. Try playing with them and then make your judgments.

The refrain: if you don't like something, then change it. The roster plays well and sims well and we're comfortable with the system we have in place. This roster isn't for everyone; many people are quite happy with how Sony does things.

----------------------------------

EDIT: Just for the fun of it, here are some stats for these guys from real life this year...

Hamels (87 OVR): 5-0, 2.83 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 4.48 FIP, 9.73 K/9, 3.30 BB/9, 1.57 HR/9, 0.4 fWAR

Velasquez (89 OVR): 5-1, 2.42 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 2.43 FIP, 10.99 K/9, 2.79 BB/9, 0.56 HR/9, 1.7 fWAR

Arrieta (96 OVR): 8-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 2.48 FIP, 9.00 K/9, 2.86 BB/9, 0.29 HR/9, 1.9 fWAR

Syndergaard (97 OVR): 5-2, 1.94 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 1.70 FIP, 11.34 K/9, 1.34 BB/9, 0.45 HR/9, 2.5 fWAR

How are the projections doing so far?

# 30 Bat @ 05/24/16 02:21 AM
Awesome work, thanks! I am curious as to why Francisco Lindor's potential was lowered to a B? He is living up to the top prospect type hype. Not really worried just curious, thanks!

# 31 deebs @ 05/24/16 02:47 AM
Thanks very much fellas, I've been lurking in the background checking and waiting like so many others... Can't start a franchise without your hArd work.

Couple quick questions... In order to get the opening day rosters to stick for opening day, what do I need to do?

Do I need to manually assign players as I see fit to the minors for every team? Once I set the other 29 teams to auto lineup/roster, won't they potentially do things like make Ortiz play 1B and send Brock Holt to AA?

Thanks for your time!

# 32 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
Awesome work, thanks! I am curious as to why Francisco Lindor's potential was lowered to a B? He is living up to the top prospect type hype. Not really worried just curious, thanks!
An 88 POT is still a perennial All Star. It's hard to get into the A range as a position player without hitting for at least 15-20 HR consistent power. There are only a handful of guys like this (Moncada, Buxton, Arcia) in the roster. And they are all just scraping 90 POT. By this time next year, we may be debating a 75-80 POT for Buxton, but he deserves some time (more than 150 MLB at bats) to figure it out.

Certainly, if you believe Lindor is Derek Jeter with a Gold Glove, 88 POT will look low. Then again, nothing in Lindor's offensive profile (minor league numbers not as good, inflated BABIP) suggests he'll sustain his torrid performance as a .320 hitter.

# 33 No.27 @ 05/24/16 03:55 AM
Thanks so much to everyone involved for the roster. Glad to see the band back together and the Hybrid name reclaimed! This roster is the one I am finally going to complete 162 games with. Now off to the vault for a hundred or so "likes" before I start my franchise. 😀

# 34 kamackeris76 @ 05/24/16 05:25 AM
Can't wait to get home from work to start my franchise.... Just to decide who to run with!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 35 joebrown352 @ 05/24/16 05:48 AM
Thanks for the hardwork guys. Much appreciated. Was curious if anyone has a spreadsheet or database that has a list of the guys on the roster? Not looking for a ratings spreadsheet, strictly names.

# 36 Garrett59 @ 05/24/16 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Everything is based on Steamer projections exactly so we avoid this type of "but I think so and so is better" type of fallacy. We have tested formulas that rely on industry-standard projections (based on actual performance) and numbers come out and we use the output. It works so well that only very rarely do we go in and adjust something.

As for STAM, you have to remember that stamina does not progress in the game. So we've tried to hit the sweet spot of what guys might turn into without overdoing it. Otherwise you have a bunch of 5 inning starting pitchers with 68 STAM in year 7 of your franchise. No thanks.

Also saying that Syndergaard at 97 and Arrieta only at 96 OVR is a big deal is a bit of a stretch, lol. You made it sound like Arrieta was a 65 OVR or something. It's not like Syndergaard isn't one of the most dominant pitchers around either. OVR isn't everything. Try playing with them and then make your judgments.

The refrain: if you don't like something, then change it. The roster plays well and sims well and we're comfortable with the system we have in place. This roster isn't for everyone; many people are quite happy with how Sony does things.

----------------------------------

EDIT: Just for the fun of it, here are some stats for these guys from real life this year...

Hamels (87 OVR): 5-0, 2.83 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 4.48 FIP, 9.73 K/9, 3.30 BB/9, 1.57 HR/9, 0.4 fWAR

Velasquez (89 OVR): 5-1, 2.42 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 2.43 FIP, 10.99 K/9, 2.79 BB/9, 0.56 HR/9, 1.7 fWAR

Arrieta (96 OVR): 8-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 2.48 FIP, 9.00 K/9, 2.86 BB/9, 0.29 HR/9, 1.9 fWAR

Syndergaard (97 OVR): 5-2, 1.94 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 1.70 FIP, 11.34 K/9, 1.34 BB/9, 0.45 HR/9, 2.5 fWAR

How are the projections doing so far?
I am well aware of their stats so far I just figured guys with a smaller sample size wouldnt be rated so highly opposed to proven veterans. Velasquez had over a 4 era last season. And i know the Thor thing isnt much but Arrieta has a sub 1 era in his last 29 starts if there is a pitcher deserving of a 99 I would think its him. Thor is a stud i wasnt knocking him rather praising how dominant Arrieta has been. And good point on the stamina i forgot it was like that this year. One last thing I was surprised to see Tulos offensive stats so low, is this taking Coors field affect into consideration, or is it the projections? Once again thanks for all the hard work, it is much appreciated.

# 37 ArtOfBetrayal @ 05/24/16 07:08 AM
So ive been coming to these forums for years, and have been installing your roster every year since you have made it, however I rarely post. I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you guys put in. Once this roster drops it is the only roster I will use for the rest of the year. Much appreciated.

# 38 AC @ 05/24/16 07:47 AM
The issue isn't that they got guys' overalls wrong. The issue is that overall is calculated wrong. It doesn't weigh different attributes properly. That's why overall doesn't matter, look at guys' individual attributes and ask yourself if they make sense instead of just looking at overall

# 39 bravesfan1984 @ 05/24/16 08:04 AM
Hey guys, phenomenal work as always! Can't wait to dive in and start playing with these rosters. Quick question though, I don't have the game on right now but I was just browsing last night for a few minutes and noticed that Adam Eaton's defense was rated pretty low considering his UZR/DRS this season in RF. Was this because of sample size?

Also noticed Neris from PHI was one of the lower rated RP's...I'm sure since these are based on steamer, it didn't envision his breakout.

Just curious of your thoughts.

# 40 PleasedToMeetMe @ 05/24/16 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
How I Use 30 Team Control

Many have asked, and for myself being a guy who in the past only like using single team control, it took some adjustment and playing around to find setting for 30 team control I liked.

1. Set up 2 Profiles, 1 for your team, 1 for CPU teams

2. Profile 1, I set everything up on Manual Control to start the season

3. Profile 2 is a mimic of Profile 1 for Spring Training, then I transfer everything but lineups and 40 man to AUTO, (this way you can move players up and down to your roster through spring training and not lose guys on waivers)

4. Start your franchise - leave CPU trades turned ON (more about this later)

5. Play spring training - no injuries will happen unless you turn on injuries, you can move about 5 players up and down per day, they will use up one of their options but you won't loose them to another team - just make sure you move the player to AAA before taking them off the 40 to make room for your call up

6. At the end of spring training make sure you set your proper 40 man roster, then change Profile 2 to Auto for all categories

7.Every day during the season, scan through proposed trades and veto any bad trades the CPU makes, also sim every game but your teams and then scores will appear on the scoreboards as if they were happening at that time period.

That's about it! (I think)
Sorry to ask but it is different for me to understand that all as my language is German, but how are the steps if I want to skip spring training and go straight into season?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.