Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new juke move, along with a glimpse of the new score bug/banner (WIP). We've posted an image showing the differences between Madden NFL 16 (top) and Madden NFL 17 (bottom). Watch the video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 strawberryshortcake @ 05/25/16 10:36 PM
Did anyone mention if there will be multiple jukes?
Did they keep the old one or was it completely scrapped?
Not everyone jukes with such a wide stride. It is a nice juke though.

# 102 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Rewatched a few times, it's definitely two separate jukes. The first was on a LB, second was a DB. #50 & #42 I think were the numbers.
Good catch. I think 42 was the guy who got sealed by 87 on TB. We just never saw him break out in the gameplay angle.

# 103 jmik58 @ 05/25/16 11:28 PM
Pay no attention to the Saints defender as he remains engaged with the blocker while the ballcarrier runs behind him.

# 104 Big_Blue @ 05/25/16 11:32 PM
don't know what y'all are talking about.. the animation is definitely new and looks pretty good actually

# 105 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Did anyone mention if there will be multiple jukes?
Did they keep the old one or was it completely scrapped?
Not everyone jukes with such a wide stride. It is a nice juke though.
It said in the blog that every player has an animation that ranges from Lumbering to Elite (not sure how many categories are in between but the article read like there was only one). There are also "modifiers" (Speed, Precision, Steering) that can be applied so it sounds like there could be at least nine different juke moves depending on the player and how the juke is executed.

# 106 ATLBrayden @ 05/26/16 02:32 AM
I know everyone is focusing on the jukes here but man that new scoreboard is slick. Always love when they get updated in sports games, having the same board several years in a row gets boring to look at.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

# 107 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/26/16 03:42 AM
I like the new ticker; the juke move looked good, and I also saw the left tackle accelerate to take on the ROLB, wish the video didnt have the text over the play, but I think we all wish for that;

Considering the low level the play was probably created on, and the fact that ratings are driving what is transpiring on the field, I am not concerned about players playing out the play perfectly, as I cannot think of a perfectly executing player...

There was previous mention of the defender being blocked by TB's 83, and questioning why the defender let the RB pass behind him, well, I took a closer look, and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 83 held the defender; looks like 83 hooks the defender just around the collar; it does appear that way, and it also appears the defender was trying to break away for a tackle attempt.

I also believe the juke move and the result of the defender being faked out, seemed to show a lack of the usual suction; anyone else watch for suction?

EDIT: what truly concerns me is why the FS is just sitting in center field in his initial pre-snap stance throughout the whole play? (please tell me that was a user controlled player and they held him there to prevent the tackle.)

# 108 avwhitechic @ 05/26/16 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The pop ups scale with the gameplay camera, so on a less-zoomed in angle they won't be as big.

So are you saying there's adjustable camera angles? Please say yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 109 roadman @ 05/26/16 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
So are you saying there's adjustable camera angles? Please say yes

I don't think Mr. Price will be able to answer that one until the presentation blog comes out.

# 110 mrprice33 @ 05/26/16 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think Mr. Price will be able to answer that one until the presentation blog comes out.
Corrrrrrrrect

# 111 avwhitechic @ 05/26/16 08:08 AM
Quote:
Corrrrrrrrect

I gotta keep trying, I've literally waited 10 years for an adjustable camera to return, I've gotten my hopes up every year to be let down, But it ain't over till EA says no...Sadly I'm expecting a No

# 112 Black Bruce Wayne @ 05/26/16 08:32 AM
The only thing I liked was how the defender fell.

# 113 BezO @ 05/26/16 08:33 AM
Quote:
If you watch #87 for Tampa he gets a good seal on the playside lb. I can't tell if it's a reaction issue or what but he was blocked. Not sure where MLB wound up
TE was able to seal because OLB sat and waited. Same with MLB. Not what either should do seeing a tackle down block and guard pull.

SS reaction compared to theirs is not a good sign IMO, especially with this being a problem in past games.

# 114 jpdavis82 @ 05/26/16 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
The only thing I liked was how the defender fell.

You didn't like how the juke looked realistic and smooth?

# 115 SolidSquid @ 05/26/16 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
TE was able to seal because OLB sat and waited. Same with MLB. Not what either should do seeing a tackle down block and guard pull.

SS reaction compared to theirs is not a good sign IMO, especially with this being a problem in past games.
Ill chalk that up to being played on rookie but certainly something to keep an eye on

# 116 Black Bruce Wayne @ 05/26/16 08:46 AM
Quote:
Let's take a look at Kenny Vaccaro on this play:

Lined up on the 10 in a 4-3 over look.

Play starts, Vaccaro stays wide and horizontal to the 10:

You can see his shadow on the right of the screen:

Once the toss is made, he starts to come forward:

But he's staying wide, hoping to push the play back inside:

Until he gets cut:

So, my question to people in this thread: how would you like to see Vaccarro play that? Is there a way where it can be done better?
I want to see this

Or this lol (womens football but still)

and finally this

# 117 mrprice33 @ 05/26/16 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Mrprice asked for concrete evidence of what people wanted to see
That I did. I want to have a good basis for comparison for retail when I can check it myself.

# 118 Black Bruce Wayne @ 05/26/16 09:00 AM
Quote:
That I did. I want to have a good basis for comparison for retail when I can check it myself.
I just updated my post. Had to embed to video. Thats what I would like to see

# 119 SolidSquid @ 05/26/16 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
I just updated my post. Had to embed to video. Thats what I would like to see
Agreed. I have no problem with Vacarro getting blocked/cut just would like to see him more aggressively attack the POA

# 120 Black Bruce Wayne @ 05/26/16 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Agreed. I have no problem with Vacarro getting blocked/cut just would like to see him more aggressively attack the POA
Pretty much. As soon as they see its running play , the linebacker should be in there. I even want to see reaching their arms out to grab a guy if they cant get there. We have seen guys tackle players just by getting that arm out and grabbing. I would love that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.