Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Punches in single collar clinch will no longer interrupt transitions
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt
  • Added counter damage bonus after denied clinch attempt
  • Reduced the damage of Thai knees slightly
  • Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown
  • Fixed bug that made takedowns in some clinch positions too easy, and others too hard
  • Added new grapple momentum scenarios to a few ground and clinch transitions
  • Gave fighters who have the sitout sweep in sprawl the option to also perform the half guard escape
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more difficult
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2 to fix exploits and enforce pre-emptive denial penalty
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction
  • AI will now use submission reversals
  • Some fighter AI's tuned to use submissions and takedowns more or less as appropriate to their real life counterparts
  • Blocking and stamina management improvements for pro AI
This post will get updated as more details are revealed.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 08:07 PM
Made this video thinking of the changes.

I really think it will punish failed clinch attempts the most. Likely going to see health events from counters due to the stamina drain and counter doing more damage. Could be a Trojan horse. We will have to see. If these counters do cause health events each time, you will find people not using the clinch (worst case scenario since the clinch becomes ineffective like last game), and using the clinch against you in return.

# 82 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I dont remember MTS posts, very few posts from Rommel, and only Zhunter make some posts.
Also i dont see posts from them about how to CHANGE the current game, their wish lists. I see guides, tutorials but not issues and how to fix.

We need more Game _CHANGERS_ (not game trainers), which can (and will) to talk with devs directly about game's problems /issues and how to fix!
Because it seems that devs are repeating the same errors over and over (it looks like they dont know enough what and how we need).
Lets play a game:

Before I play this game, let me make one thing clear. THIS IS NOT BASED ON FACT OR ANYTHING THE DEVS HAVE TOLD ME.

So lets say you are appointed a gamechanger. Lets say you have great ideas for how to change something like the combo modifier. You can explain it from the technical side and in your opinion, the fix is relatively easy.

So you pitch it to the devs and their response is:

That fix (that you think is easy) would cost a significant amount of money and time to fix for UFC 2. Especially given that they may have started working on a new game, they dont plan to fix it until next game.

or

That while people on the forums hate the combo modifier, they've determined from surveys and social media that most people like the combo modifier.

or

That a higher up at EA likes the combo modifier and thinks it should remain.

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR RESPONSE?

There is alot more to being a gamechanger than just identifying an issue and proposing how to fix it. Alot more things to take into consideration other than you wanting an issue to be fixed.

None of these are the reasons for why the combo modifier is in place
. But they could be reasons for why features that people hate on the forums remain in the game.

The reason why you dont likely see the Gamechangers posting with idea threads is because they can take their input directly to the devs. They dont need to post in the forums first to take their idea or issues to the devs.

I dont know how many times I can tell you this. The devs read the forums. They have read your threads. They are aware of the issues in the game that have been posted about.

Just because you think a fix is easy....doesnt mean its actually easy. Just because something you want doesnt get fixed doesnt mean the devs are "ignoring" you.

It just means that they have a short amount of time and manpower (right now) and have to prioritize fixes. The majority were complaining about clinch issues. Only you (and a few others) were complaining about the color of the ps4 light or a speed bonus from sway. So....the devs are going to look are going to give priority to the issues that THE MAJORITY cares about.

# 83 Dave_S @ 05/30/16 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lets play a game:

Before I play this game, let me make one thing clear. THIS IS NOT BASED ON FACT OR ANYTHING THE DEVS HAVE TOLD ME.

So lets say you are appointed a gamechanger. Lets say you have great ideas for how to change something like the combo modifier. You can explain it from the technical side and in your opinion, the fix is relatively easy.

So you pitch it to the devs and their response is:

That fix (that you think is easy) would cost a significant amount of money and time to fix for UFC 2. Especially given that they may have started working on a new game, they dont plan to fix it until next game.

or

That while people on the forums hate the combo modifier, they've determined from surveys and social media that most people like the combo modifier.

or

That a higher up at EA likes the combo modifier and thinks it should remain.

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR RESPONSE?

There is alot more to being a gamechanger than just identifying an issue and proposing how to fix it. Alot more things to take into consideration other than you wanting an issue to be fixed.

None of these are the reasons for why the combo modifier is in place
. But they could be reasons for why features that people hate on the forums remain in the game.

The reason why you dont likely see the Gamechangers posting with idea threads is because they can take their input directly to the devs. They dont need to post in the forums first to take their idea or issues to the devs.

I dont know how many times I can tell you this. The devs read the forums. They have read your threads. They are aware of the issues in the game that have been posted about.

Just because you think a fix is easy....doesnt mean its actually easy. Just because something you want doesnt get fixed doesnt mean the devs are "ignoring" you.

It just means that they have a short amount of time and manpower (right now) and have to prioritize fixes. The majority were complaining about clinch issues. Only you (and a few others) were complaining about the color of the ps4 light or a speed bonus from sway. So....the devs are going to look are going to give priority to the issues that THE MAJORITY cares about.
If I was a game changer and ea game me those reasons for modifier I'd ask to take it up the chain of comment, all the way to the top. I suspect its Scott.

# 84 TheShizNo1 @ 05/30/16 09:04 PM
Seriously?

I suspect some of you think the GCs have more power or a bigger voice than they actually do.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 85 Dave_S @ 05/30/16 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Seriously?

I suspect some of you think the GCs have more power or a bigger voice than they actually do.

I don't, B they aren't employees as far as I know. I believe the do have power or potential voice, just like other people here. Dude got Big Nog buffed just by being loud and constant

# 86 TheShizNo1 @ 05/30/16 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I don't, B they aren't employees as far as I know. I believe the do have power or potential voice, just like other people here. Dude got Big Nog buffed just by being loud and constant
But that wasn't the reason. He presented gifs, videos, stats, etc. He didn't just open a thread and tell the Devs and GCs that they need to step their game up and complain about how Big Nog was broken.

# 87 Yaari @ 05/30/16 09:30 PM
With the introduction of the new competitive mode, I think the removal of the combo modifier in the current game is wishful thinking. I believe they want to wrap this one up, make it as balanced as it can be, and not go around experimenting with the removal of mechanics.

As for the current team of Gamechangers, if someone becomes inactive in his position, or decides to quit, I'm sure Karo will catch that too.

The way this worked in the past is that people were chosen that provided good feedback. The community stood behind the ideas and their vision of the game. I don't see how any of that has changed for the current set of Gamechangers.

Yeah it is too bad that their feedback is now send directly to the team, and we can no longer read it. But at the same time, at least then you can be certain it reaches the right people?

It appears they are keeping the current set of GameChangers for their next game. Let's hope they will bring these people in at a time where there is actual time and place in development to take in real gamechanging feedback, in its early stages.

And if you want the position of a GameChanger then I suggest you stick to providing feedback that the rest of the community supports. I think the position has to be earned, and not given.

# 88 Dave_S @ 05/30/16 09:33 PM
Clinch still needs a nerf. Glad they are changing it. You can currently work someone the while fight taking almost no damage and one missed block in the clinch is game over. Click k is a noobs Paradise

# 89 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 09:35 PM
Quote:
If I was a game changer and ea game me those reasons for modifier I'd ask to take it up the chain of comment, all the way to the top. I suspect its Scott.
What are you taking up to the chain of command though? In that scenario, the devs are giving you legit reasons why they cant do something. You may not agree with them but that doesnt make the reasons less legitimate.

So you would ask to talk to their boss? And what would you say? Ignore those surveys! Make time and fix this for UFC 2 immediately!

I'm not here to kiss the devs ***. I (and the other GCers) have been very vocal behind the scenes about things we dislike. From stopping power to perm stamina to movesets to ratings to striking issues...we have talked to the devs about all of these issues.

To the devs credit, they have given us reasons for every issue and why they havent been fixed. Some make total sense. Some I have issues with. But they are all legitimate reasons and all we can do is continue to talk to them and make them aware of the issues.

# 90 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
But that wasn't the reason. He presented gifs, videos, stats, etc. He didn't just open a thread and tell the Devs and GCs that they need to step their game up and complain about how Big Nog was broken.

Also it wasnt just one guy (even though he played a role in bringing it to the dev team's attention). Some of the Gcers and some of the devs agreed he needed a buff.

One other thing: You shouldnt compare the change some ratings to one fighter to something like the removal of the combo modifier. Those changes arent even in the same stratosphere.

# 91 Dave_S @ 05/30/16 09:44 PM
That was not a specific comment regarding any particular person. Of u was a game changer and I said combo multiplier shouldn't transfers to different parts of the body, and ea said they had data that says people want that I'd ask to see data. If ea person said the decision wasn't hi I'd ask to talk to who is in charge of that. If ea dude said no, I'd ask to talk to his boss. If ea then said forget this and fired me from being a game changer I'd ask to talk to boss to the way to the top.

Once I got home from being fired I'd call EA big shot's secretary and bother enough to get a response.

I worked the chain of command able very well for a long time.

I didn't mean to call out any actual gamechanger.

# 92 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 09:57 PM
Quote:
That was not a specific comment regarding any particular person. Of u was a game changer and I said combo multiplier shouldn't transfers to different parts of the body, and ea said they had data that says people want that I'd ask to see data. If ea person said the decision wasn't hi I'd ask to talk to who is in charge of that. If ea dude said no, I'd ask to talk to his boss. If ea then said forget this and fired me from being a game changer I'd ask to talk to boss to the way to the top.

Once I got home from being fired I'd call EA big shot's secretary and bother enough to get a response.

Dont worry I dont think you are calling out any gamechangers.

This isnt McDonalds. You dont go from the Assistant Manager to the Manager to the District Manager.

This is a partnership that we have with EA. They have no incentive to lie about their reasons for doing or not doing something. All of the GCers are under NDA so we cant go public with the info they have told us. It actually is to their detriment to lie to us given that we are there specifically to help them improve the game.

So lets say you go up the chain of command....you will get the same answer on every step of the chain.

# 93 Find_the_Door @ 05/30/16 10:11 PM
Clinch was fine, now has been overnerfed three patches consecutively. Gonna be nearly impossible to get fights to the mat now with the entry being nerfed a few patches back - now they don't have to worry about undisciplined strikes (aka follow through).

How disappointing, game was tuned too early (before people even had a chance to learn). Now it's gonna be a complete joke playing against top tier competition as they have no worries about ever having to go to the ground.

# 94 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/30/16 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Clinch was fine, now has been overnerfed three patches consecutively. Gonna be nearly impossible to get fights to the mat now with the entry being nerfed a few patches back - now they don't have to worry about undisciplined strikes (aka follow through).

How disappointing, game was tuned too early (before people even had a chance to learn). Now it's gonna be a complete joke playing against top tier competition as they have no worries about ever having to go to the ground.
Except that we are buffing takedowns in a couple of ways, you just haven't heard about that yet...

# 95 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/30/16 10:24 PM
Quote:

Your view of what kind of influence game changers have is way, way off from the reality.

You think you just type in our private slack chat that you want to talk to Andrew Wilson immediately and he'll pop on and listen to your problems with the combo multiplier?

The effectiveness of a game changer doing that is exactly as effective as you attempting to do it on this forum.

# 96 SwedishTouch76 @ 05/30/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Your view of what kind of influence game changers have is way, way off from the reality.

You think you just type in our private slack chat that you want to talk to Andrew Wilson immediately and he'll pop on and listen to your problems with the combo multiplier?

The effectiveness of a game changer doing that is exactly as effective as you attempting to do it on this forum.
Do the majority of your consumers support the combo multiplier?

# 97 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/30/16 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Do the majority of your consumers support the combo multiplier?
To be honest, I would say the majority of our consumers don't event know it exists.

# 98 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 10:41 PM
Quote:
To be honest, I would say the majority of our consumers don't event know it exists.
I've been saying this for weeks. I didnt even know about the combo modifier until I started going to the EA forums regularly last year.

# 99 Find_the_Door @ 05/30/16 10:43 PM
Quote:
Since we're making all of these reactionary changes why not just change the combo multiplier system by way of removing it. Then ramping up single strike damage letting the physics-based strikes system 4 counters excetera take place.

# 100 SwedishTouch76 @ 05/30/16 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've been saying this for weeks. I didnt even know about the combo modifier until I started going to the EA forums regularly last year.
Why have it then? Remove it. Buff single strikes

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.