Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

PlayStation.Blog posted an image of the NBA 2K17 cover athlete on their PlayStation Store update page (which has been taken down already). We managed to grab a screenshot, before it was removed.

While no official news will be revealed until tomorrow, during the Road To The Finals championship game, it looks like a good bet Paul George is the man. There could also be multiple cover athletes, so we will just have to wait and see.

Announced in April, Kobe Bryant is the cover athlete for the Legend Edition of NBA 2K17, check out those details here.

Let us know your thoughts!

Source - @ExtremeGamer

As noted in the comments, Paul George is wearing the Team USA jersey in the background, possibly hinting at the Olympics being involved in the game this year.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 XxSpiritHunterX @ 05/31/16 08:20 PM
Figured it'd be him somehow. I'm alright with this tho

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 22 scottyp180 @ 05/31/16 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
I hope they're replacing Euroleague teams with Olympic teams. I hope there's no more "Be The Story" and I can make a Canadian born player to play for Team Canada in MyCareer. That's all if the Olympics is actually going to be in the game though lol.
I'm curious why not both? Why not have euro teams as well as Olympic teams?

I do agree about the "Be the Story". I hated how linear it felt as if I had no control over anything. Like why is my family black even though I am white? Why do I dislike my character more and more everytime he speaks? Why cant I stay in college for one more year even though the idea is presented? I like the idea of a story mode just hated how it was handled.

# 23 Jrocc23 @ 05/31/16 08:38 PM
Don't care about covers but PG is an interesting choice. Caught me off guard just like Maddens cover.

Very interested in the Olympics being in. Most likely confirmed. Why have a pic of him in a Olympic jersey if it's not in? It's almost a lock to be in MC. I think it'll make its way to MyLeague as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 RyanLaFalce @ 05/31/16 08:46 PM
I'm unsure if this has been confirmed or not, but will there be a mode like draft champions in 2K17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 TecmoZack @ 05/31/16 08:56 PM
Nice. I'll be getting the Legend addition though.

My son and I were just talking about who would be the cover star this yea on the way home. I said Wiggins and he said Blake Griffin. Both were surprised.

Nice to see a fan of the game grace the cover.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

# 26 Crunky @ 05/31/16 09:02 PM
Hey no love for Terrence Ross I'm so disappointed.

# 27 jvalverde88 @ 05/31/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Should've been Craig Sager.

But PG is a good choice. Something different.
Why would someone who most likely isn't in the game be on the cover? Like someone else said If the Olympics are indeed in the game I really hope its its own mode and not a MyPlayer exclusive.

# 28 Mintsa @ 05/31/16 09:13 PM
Why is there 2 kobe editions ?? What's the difference ??

# 29 Mintsa @ 05/31/16 09:24 PM
I'm also holding out hope for a Canadian cover with a raptor on it (Kyle Lowry).

# 30 Tybudd @ 05/31/16 09:26 PM
Makes since he was the sole NBA Player in the NBA 2K17 commercial about dropping 82 on Kobe

# 31 Eyeman79 @ 05/31/16 09:28 PM
Olympic teams but maybe without the Olympic tournament.Probably need to secure the rights to that. Shouldn't complain, EA would offer it as DLC for $$$

# 32 TecmoZack @ 05/31/16 09:53 PM
So what is the difference between the Legend edition and Gold Legend Edition? Maybe a statue? More VC?

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

# 33 youvalss @ 05/31/16 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranny
F off 2k, $100 for a video game smh
You shouldn't be upset with 2K, but with consumers. Believe it or not, people pay. As long as enough people are willing to pay, they will charge it. If people were willing to pay $500, 2K would charge $500. As simple as that.

# 34 23 @ 05/31/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Olympics confirmed.

Man if that's true

# 35 HowDareI @ 05/31/16 11:16 PM
I called it. PG's the truth.

Glad it's only 1 player (kinda) on the cover this year again.

# 36 BMDinTDOT @ 06/01/16 02:26 AM
Paul George is a fantastic choice! Happy about that. For 2K18 though
I think Curry deserves his own cover all to himself.

And hopefully it's National Teams and not just Olympic teams. Lots of good
teams around the world now and not all of them will qualify for the Olympics
and I still want to be able to use them.

# 37 Vroman @ 06/01/16 02:32 AM
If they introduce olympic tournament teams same way they did for euroleague, I couldn't care less about it.

# 38 DatIsraeliGuy @ 06/01/16 06:32 AM
Olyminaty confirmed lol.
But wow, if it is George, that's a big surprise.
But if the olympics will be there, I won't have my expectations too high, since last time they had anything international with the Euroleague I had high expectations, and boy how it was disappointing

# 39 Gosens6 @ 06/01/16 08:04 AM
Very unexpected. I'm happy for PG for sure. Won't matter to me though, I'll be getting that Kobe cover for sure.

# 40 jeebs9 @ 06/01/16 09:29 AM
Awesome News!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.