Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The time has come for Kevin Durant to make a decision, at least for one offseason.

Kevin Durant is facing a decision on whether to stay with the Oklahoma City Thunder short-term, long-term, or not at all. The smart money is on Durant staying in Oklahoma City for at least one more year where, at that point, he will decide his future alongside long-time teammate Russell Westbrook.

Thanks to an even higher cap coming at the end of next season, it does tend to make some sense for Durant to give OKC one more go next season -- especially considering the Thunder were one win away from playing in the NBA Finals (never mind that epic collapse).

There are plenty of suitors for KD's talents from Washington, to Houston, to even Golden State or San Antonio. Really, its likely if any NBA franchise knew they could somehow land Kevin Durant they'd send him a contract yesterday. As far as teams where Durant fits, that's another story entirely.

So what do you think? Will Durant return to OKC? Will he be leaving the Thunder this offseason? Will he be playing for OKC in 2017? Sound off on what you think Durant should do and what you think he will do!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 redsox4evur @ 05/31/16 08:36 PM
He's going to the best team in NBA history, the Boston Celtics.

# 2 RyanLaFalce @ 05/31/16 08:36 PM
Lakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 SkillzFromThe6 @ 05/31/16 08:43 PM
Raptorssssssssssssssss

# 4 CookNBA03 @ 05/31/16 08:50 PM
He's staying in OKC for 1 more year to enter FA with Russ and Serge, obviously...

# 5 RyanLaFalce @ 05/31/16 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
He's staying in OKC for 1 more year to enter FA with Russ and Serge, obviously...

That I don't understand. If they team up on a different team, they'll have the same issues they did on the Thunder.

# 6 jrose57 @ 05/31/16 09:36 PM
Toronto Raptors

BUT THE THING IS, he NEVER EVER opt out to FA in myleague, anyone sees him becoming a FA???

# 7 DRN73 @ 05/31/16 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Toronto Raptors

BUT THE THING IS, he NEVER EVER opt out to FA in myleague, anyone sees him becoming a FA???
Edit the roster and lower his loyalty and raise his financial ambitions a few points.

I do the opposite for guys like LeBron and Wade.

# 8 extremeskins04 @ 05/31/16 11:09 PM
I know where he's not going. The Celtics. lol

# 9 MoneyOvaHuds @ 06/01/16 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
That I don't understand. If they team up on a different team, they'll have the same issues they did on the Thunder.

They won't team up on another team tho it's all about getting more money when the cap increases

# 10 jeremym480 @ 06/01/16 10:27 AM

# 11 Mbunn1993 @ 06/01/16 01:32 PM
I think he'll sign a 2 year deal with a player option for year #2. If they don't get to the Finals next season, I think he'll leave forsure. Whether its with Westbrook or not.

I can see him going to the Spurs though. He's praised the Spurs, Pop, and their system on many occasions. Him, Kawhi, and Aldridge could be a pretty deadly big 3. With TP and possibly Manu/TD joining. I think Kawhi would play the 2. Could you imagine the length on that team? TP 6'2 - Kawhi 6'8 - KD 6'11 - Aldridge 6'11 - Duncan 6'11/Boban Marjanovic 7'3

# 12 Mauer4MVP @ 06/01/16 02:23 PM
I think it'd be a giant overreaction to leave OKC unless he joins Golden State or San Antonio.

# 13 tril @ 06/01/16 03:01 PM
he's staying in OKC for at least 1 more year
OKC, in free agency, will pick up Rondo, Jamal Crawford, and either Matt Barnes or Marvin Williams... and possibly sign another PF.
they are a pg and a sharpshooter away.

# 14 myathebee @ 06/01/16 03:20 PM
He's gonna stay in OKC for one year...Next year he will probably be gone.

It all depends on what they do with free agency..All they need is one more guy that can make shots. I like Waiters but he ain't that guy...At least not consistently.

# 15 OKC_35 @ 06/01/16 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
OKC, in free agency, will pick up Rondo, Jamal Crawford, and either Matt Barnes or Marvin Williams... and possibly sign another PF.
We will never sign Matt Barnes to much friction. I would love the addition of Crawford

# 16 KingTocco @ 06/01/16 05:44 PM
I think everyone saying he will leave is overreacting, I think he will stay in OKC at least one more year and then re-enter FA after next season.

The only place he could go that would have more talent and pieces then OKC is GS, and I don't see him going there.

OKC had GS beat this series they just blew it twice, the role players around Russ and KD actually all played really well in game 6 and 7...IMO it was KD and Russ that "choked" so if they can get better and learn to play less selfishly at key times, they have everything they need to win a Title already.

# 17 tril @ 06/01/16 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
I think everyone saying he will leave is overreacting, I think he will stay in OKC at least one more year and then re-enter FA after next season.

The only place he could go that would have more talent and pieces then OKC is GS, and I don't see him going there.

OKC had GS beat this series they just blew it twice, the role players around Russ and KD actually all played really well in game 6 and 7...IMO it was KD and Russ that "choked" so if they can get better and learn to play less selfishly at key times, they have everything they need to win a Title already.
yeah they need that reliable pg you can put in a game during the 4th quarter and slide Westbrook to the 2. too many mistakes in key situations, a more traditional pg helps that situation.
I just heard them floating Mike Conley's name as an addition to the Thunder. that's a nice fit, but that's only if Westbrook is willing to have the ball in his hands less as the pg. and Conley is still a more than capable starter in the NBA. so that might not work.
and someone like Marvin Williams is that sf/pf player that could defend a Draymond cause he has the weight to deal with Draymonds aggressive style.

# 18 nuckles2k2 @ 06/01/16 09:22 PM

I had to..

I don't even necessarily want that to happen (I know it won't, so no need for any noise).

But I had to..

# 19 Rocket32 @ 06/01/16 11:40 PM
I think it only makes sense for him to stay with the Thunder short term to get that extra 40mil if he indeed wants to sign short term for the extra money. No team is likely to give him a better chance to win next year then the Thunder, Warriors, and Spurs, though the Thunder were better then the Spurs this year as they beat them in the playoffs. I would love Durant to sign a short deal with the Warriors for a year and then go elsewhere just because of how awesome that big 3 of Curry, Thompson, and Durant could be. I mean wouldn't that be fun to watch? My favorite NBA team is the Hornets so of course I hope he goes their more then I hope he goes anywhere else but theirs probaly a way better chance of the Atlanta Braves winning the World Series this year then Durant going to the Hornets. Or a better chance of them winning the World Series then any big star going to the hornets in free agency anytime soon.

# 20 CookNBA03 @ 06/03/16 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
OKC doesn't have money for either Rondo or Marvin Williams.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.