Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.07 and content update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans. The update adds 2 new fighters, Karolina Kowalkiewicz (Women's Strawweight) and Thiago Tavares (Men’s Featherweight), as well as UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.07, previously revealed here.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!
  • Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.
  • Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!
  • Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
  • Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
  • Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
  • Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
  • Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
  • Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
  • AI tuning.
  • Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:57 PM
Also to anyone playing online ranked, does it feel like your fighter is still stuck in mud when moving? Im feeling a lot of latency when pushing buttons or trying to grapple and having the meter fill up when I push the stick.

# 42 SMOKEZERO @ 06/02/16 04:01 PM
I would recommend hard resetting your console and modem after this patch if you haven't already.

# 43 SwedishTouch76 @ 06/02/16 04:06 PM
So how's the AI?

# 44 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
So how's the AI?
The same as before maybe a lil better but not by much.

You have to play as a laid back counter striker if you want to have fun with the AI on pro, which then means all pressure fighters are worthless since the AI crumbles with any sort of pressure and you don't even have to spam. They just drain everything and then throw bombs on empty gas tank. BORING!!!

# 45 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
watching ppl still deny takedowns with no stamina and clinch att. with no stamina is a JOKE!!!!
yea; this is such an easy fix; no idea why EA hasn't made the move to change this...if attacker has 90%+ stamina and other has <10% Stamina ---- should literally be a 0 frame denial window. Just write that into the code!!!

# 46 SwedishTouch76 @ 06/02/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
The same as before maybe a lil better but not by much.

You have to play as a laid back counter striker if you want to have fun with the AI on pro, which then means all pressure fighters are worthless since the AI crumbles with any sort of pressure and you don't even have to spam. They just drain everything and then throw bombs on empty gas tank. BORING!!!
Disappointing. Well off to EB Games for a trade in it is. Thanks for the info.

# 47 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Disappointing. Well off to EB Games for a trade in it is. Thanks for the info.
Yup im moving on from UFC 2 AI offline fights, there so boring with no flow and you have to fight the same dam way everytime to get a fun challenge. They don't even try to put hard pressure on you even if you do counter strike all game. The only thing the AI is decent is the clinch game and ground game with trying to deny you, but stand up is pure crap and boring. Also when you get a flash rock they turn into the matrix.

The whole AI on pro is just broken to me, and I don't care what ppl say or the reason you can't do this or do that. BOOOOOO!!!

# 48 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/02/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
yea; this is such an easy fix; no idea why EA hasn't made the move to change this...if attacker has 90%+ stamina and other has <10% Stamina ---- should literally be a 0 frame denial window. Just write that into the code!!!
It's a six frame denial window in that situation.

But you can pre-emptively deny on the feet.

# 49 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 04:19 PM
Just had two matches in a row where my grappling and blocking just quit working in the clinch. I feel vibration on the controller (the actual denial vibration like I am trying to deny too early) when I try to transition, but nothing. I hope there isn't a bug here.

# 50 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Just had two matches in a row where my grappling and blocking just quit working in the clinch. I feel vibration on the controller when I try to transition, but nothing. I hope there isn't a bug here.
I feel like I'm stuck in mud now and my grapple meter never fills up unless I re push the stick over and over...

# 51 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

maybe I've just played so much I've seen it happen a lot --- or it's the pre-empt --- I think it should be a 0 frame denial window

but you know what, if there was another rule where no pre-denials if your stamina is under 20% that would be awesome

If someone legit stops my TD in 6 frames (with no predenial!) even if they have no stam and I have full...I'd be fine w/ that I guess haha they got me, they got me good

but 6 frames PLUS pre-denial (not sure how many frames a pre-denial can possibly last) seems a bit overboard when it's 90+ stam vs < 10% (or even <25%), gives them a bit too easy of an escape for massively mismanaging their stamina IMO and that can make a huge difference in close fight

# 52 hurleybird10 @ 06/02/16 04:26 PM
Quote:

If player A attempts a take down with 80%+ stamina and Player B has less than 20% there should be no way for him to deny it...... same if the other way round, he wouldn't have the energy to perfom the take down

# 53 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 04:27 PM

This is a game breaker. Needs fixed ASAP. You can even see my meter going down while trying to transition.

# 54 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
maybe I've just played so much I've seen it happen a lot --- or it's the pre-empt --- I think it should be a 0 frame denial window

but you know what, if there was another rule where no pre-denials if your stamina is under 20% that would be awesome

If someone legit stops my TD in 6 frames (with no predenial!) even if they have no stam and I have full...I'd be fine w/ that I guess haha they got me, they got me good
I don't know how long we all been saying this, this should have been fixed, I just had some guy online stay near the cage spam super man punches off the cage with Eddie Alvarez and still deny all my takedowns with little to no stamina, then he spams body punches till he hits empty and moves backwards all while he still blocks my takedowns or deny my clinch att. ughhhhhhhhhhh...

# 55 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 04:30 PM
Quote:

This is a game breaker. Needs fixed ASAP. You can even see my meter going down while trying to transition.
lol your block was not working or your grapple meter???

# 56 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 04:31 PM
Quote:
lol your block was not working or your grapple meter???
You see it don't you lol? My meter should have shown transition options even. Nothing.

# 57 chapmandachamp @ 06/02/16 04:31 PM
just got update and the free packs were loaded with sweet LW perks/moves/and atrib . now im wondering if this is like a sorry for all those 1500 prem lw packs ?? cuz apology accepted!

# 58 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/02/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
You see it don't you lol? My meter should have shown transition options even. Nothing.
Was it a one time thing or is it happening a lot?

Nothing changed in the clinch that would explain anything like this that comes to mind.

# 59 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 04:35 PM
Quote:
I dunno anymore with this game... lol

it's like it takes 2 steps foward, then 3 steps back and were at the same spot again.

I'm just upset they did nothing with takedowns and empty stamina, and the fact it feels more latency online and now the grapple meter not working.

So far every fight online has been clinch, clinch and more clinch. lol

# 60 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 04:35 PM
Quote:
Was it a one time thing or is it happening a lot?

Nothing changed in the clinch that would explain anything like this that comes to mind.
That was the second time in a row. I also feel like my striking is very slow. Just feels very off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.