Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has posted another quick Madden NFL 17 video, this one featuring designer blitz improvements. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 skinnybonez @ 06/06/16 03:33 PM
The throwing animation still ugly

# 22 Gilley @ 06/06/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin23IU
Yes, and note how his hand actually disappears in to Cam's leg. Lifelike.
It happens in almost every video game dude, and it's something that we probably won't ever be 100% free from seeing.

# 23 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
That wasn't just a bit of clipping. His arm went through Cam's leg. Completely.

That's exactly what clipping is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/06/16 03:42 PM

LOVE the new zone. Before, you'd have defenders standing in the open nowhere near a receiver. Love how the all track where the WRs go.

# 25 mvb34 @ 06/06/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z.arthur23
Anybody else notice how receiver (B) on the first play didn't have an icon available until he was about 20 yards down the field? I wonder why that was as it didn't appear as if he was slipping or anything. Maybe there's something tied to QB awareness and having to make reads based on who's initially open, or maybe that's just how it is haha

Either way it looks great!

This has been in for a few version. The missed icon represent the receiver not looking for the ball...

# 26 Lexicon @ 06/06/16 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
That's exactly what clipping is

Yes, that is what clipping is. What I'm saying is that this is REALLY BAD CLIPPING. Especially since it was shown up-close in a showcase vid from EA.

# 27 smiley3 @ 06/06/16 03:47 PM
They need to fix the throwing animations big time. Doesn't even look NFL like at all QB pick up there back leg hardcore. Other than that I like the pocket movement t by cam I don't think that was in last year.

# 28 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 03:50 PM
Quote:
Yes, that is what clipping is. What I'm saying is that this is REALLY BAD CLIPPING. Especially since it was shown up-close in a showcase vid from EA.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

# 29 rikkisteam87 @ 06/06/16 03:50 PM
I noticed with those zones are some hug scramble lanes

# 30 Lexicon @ 06/06/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol Hey, if you don't care, that's your prerogative. To me, it looks ugly and it can be improved. Not sure why people can't take the criticism along with the praise in these threads.

Like others have said, the throwing animations need to be redone as well. Animations and player interaction in general are a big problem in Madden. I'm not bringing anything up for any other reason than I hope it gets fixed next year (because it's obviously not this year).

# 31 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 04:00 PM
Quote:
lol Hey, if you don't care, that's your prerogative. To me, it looks ugly and it can be improved. Not sure why people can't take the criticism along with the praise in these threads.

Like others have said, the throwing animations need to be redone as well. Animations and player interaction in general are a big problem in Madden. I'm not bringing anything up for any other reason than I hope it gets fixed next year (because it's obviously not this year).
Because it's a thread about blitz improvements and people are harping on clipping like it's not the most common graphical issue in all of videogames. It happens in every game where there is some type of collision.

# 32 SageInfinite @ 06/06/16 04:12 PM
Liked everything except that throwing animation. Was hoping the defenders didn't run directly into blockers anymore but, it is what it is....

# 33 Lexicon @ 06/06/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Because it's a thread about blitz improvements and people are harping on clipping like it's not the most common graphical issue in all of videogames. It happens in every game where there is some type of collision.
It's a thread about a video put up by EA. As long as talk sticks to what's in the video, I really don't see the issue.

And yes, clipping is a thing in pretty much every game. But clipping is not something that "should" be present, and there are different levels of clipping. If I play GTA and walk right through the back half of every car, that's bad. Just like if I go to tackle a player in a football game and the players arm goes through the leg, that's bad.

I know why clipping happens, and I know there's no way to eliminate it completely, but the jobs of the game developers is to create the illusion that these are just more than blocks and wire frames running around a plane. Things like that break that illusion. If the physics were more dynamic, I may be a bit more lenient, but what's in this clip is an eyesore. Just saying "It happens in every game" does not excuse the severity of it.

And it's really not even that big of a deal as it's not gotten to be, but it's still an issue.

# 34 CM Hooe @ 06/06/16 04:19 PM
Let's stop debating what this thread is about and resume talking about the contents of the video.

Thanks.

# 35 strawberryshortcake @ 06/06/16 04:38 PM
A very curious concern from someone who has absolutely no clue about programming after looking at the line play, and solely the line play.

Currently present in Madden:
Defensive lineman = Heat seeking missiles (Primary Target: Offensive lineman)

Will we ever see the following:
Defensive lineman = Heat seeking missile (Primary Target: Quarteback????)

Why is it so difficult to program defensive lineman to rush around the offensive lineman to target the quarterbacks? I see the same classic defensive lineman running directly into the offensive lineman unfortunately, analogous to a heat seeking missile. It's as if there is a magnetic force that draws the two together with the quarterback being an afterthought.

# 36 GoJags904 @ 06/06/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkisteam87
I noticed with those zones are some huge scramble lanes
It actually brings tons of realism to the style of play using mobile QBs. It was always too unrealistic to see players sprinting towards the sidelines with a mobile QB half because of speed diff cheese, and half because of few True scrambling lanes from gaps in the Oline and bad blocking.

# 37 jfsolo @ 06/06/16 04:45 PM
The footwork and positioning by the defenders when they are tracking their man is really nice.

# 38 VinnyVegas28 @ 06/06/16 04:50 PM
Almost looks like 22 man trustep

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

# 39 Rams_3 @ 06/06/16 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

LOVE the new zone. Before, you'd have defenders standing in the open nowhere near a receiver. Love how the all track where the WRs go.
Nice little pocket to throw from. All the linemen are engaged too.

# 40 BlackBetty15 @ 06/06/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
A very curious concern from someone who has absolutely no clue about programming after looking at the line play, and solely the line play.

Currently present in Madden:
Defensive lineman = Heat seeking missiles (Primary Target: Offensive lineman)

Will we ever see the following:
Defensive lineman = Heat seeking missile (Primary Target: Quarteback????)

Why is it so difficult to program defensive lineman to rush around the offensive lineman to target the quarterbacks? I see the same classic defensive lineman running directly into the offensive lineman unfortunately, analogous to a heat seeking missile. It's as if there is a magnetic force that draws the two together with the quarterback being an afterthought.
That's funny...I completely agree with your examples. Seems like a scripted path with no real "bat out of hell" focus to get to the qb by any means b possible. I feel the same about wr/te/and hb that RAC.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.