Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has posted another quick Madden NFL 17 video, this one featuring designer blitz improvements. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 06/06/16 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
How ready is Derek Anderson if Cam goes down right here?

Still, pretty cool video, really seeing the zone improvements in action. Pocket looked nice too.

I don't know but https://thumbnailer.mixcloud.com/uns...53cd0971d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 62 mestevo @ 06/06/16 08:54 PM
The Surface carts always been on the sideline?

# 63 redsox4evur @ 06/06/16 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I don't know but https://thumbnailer.mixcloud.com/uns...53cd0971d2.jpg

Nah we talkin 'bout clippin'...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 64 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The Surface carts always been on the sideline?

:-D

# 65 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/06/16 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
How ready is Derek Anderson if Cam goes down right here?

Still, pretty cool video, really seeing the zone improvements in action. Pocket looked nice too.
I liked the sack; the defender hit the QB right where the hit zone should be, considering how tight the NFL is getting with hits.

# 66 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/06/16 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Love everything I've seen zone wise but this is my biggest fear. Upon release we KNOW there is gonna be a very vocal crowd whether they are sim or arcade players or casuals or vets who scream "zone defense is too good!" I hope they devs teach people how to read defenses instead of just nerfing it. I remember this one happening one year in NCAA
^^^^ Right here; this right here; this point right here - is my biggest fear..

# 67 Jr. @ 06/06/16 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

LOVE the new zone. Before, you'd have defenders standing in the open nowhere near a receiver. Love how the all track where the WRs go.
If zone coverage is gonna leave the middle of the field open like that, I'll be running with Cam all game.

# 68 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/06/16 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
If zone coverage is gonna leave the middle of the field open like that, I'll be running with Cam all game.
From what I remember, you ain't gonna get far

I doubt it'll be wide open like that everytime, I would hope!

# 69 SolidSquid @ 06/06/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
The Good- Zone Defense improved greatly almost looked like man to man
The bad- Cam does not attempt to react to or escape the sack (would like to see more struggle tackles on sacks or escape attempts with Qb's like Cam Newton)
The ugly- Clay Matthews takes a wide angle on the blitz and runs right into the offensive tackle, wft
I get what your saying about cam getting sacked, IRL cam woulda fought and possibly shrugged the DB off but it was pressure right in his face so maybe he just cut his losses on the play lol.

About the clay Matthews part he's being user controlled if you watch the video instead of the GIFs you'll see it.

# 70 jfsolo @ 06/06/16 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Hopefully that is where the new "coverage crash" mechanic comes into play to limit those QB runs.

# 71 jpdavis82 @ 06/06/16 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I think those cleats on Cam have the "CN1" logo?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Indeed

# 72 MoneyOvaHuds @ 06/06/16 10:49 PM
Cam shoes !!!!!!

# 73 Allball76 @ 06/06/16 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
Yeah I wanted to see how defenders reacted. Devs said the days are gone where defenders are clueless to the acknowledgement of a QB scramble. Defensive lineman are better than ever at shedding blocks to get to the QB who begins to scramble. Also a simple click of the R3 will send a defender in coverage towards the QB with quicker reaction.

Interested to see how this affects coverage.
Rex on Twitter just said less time in pocket for QB's . It's moving twards more realistic pockets and pressure !

# 74 jpdavis82 @ 06/06/16 11:59 PM
Nice video breaking this down http://youtu.be/fyjLlugg0jA

# 75 jstrick8 @ 06/07/16 12:01 AM
Kind of odd to point this out, but why does Cam still have that generic throwing motion? They still haven't updated that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 76 roadman @ 06/07/16 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I have to say, I LOVED that I didn't see a single defender standing flat footed and hunched over. Looks so much more realistic this way.

The pocket still needs a lot of work. They really need to decouple the D and O line players. You can see the edge rusher on the right of the screen just run directly into the tackle. You can tell that they are attached to each other under the hood. That kills the line play. I really hope they will fix this next year.
Very true,and at the same time, you didn't see the OL standing around not knowing what to do, either.

# 77 iFnotWhyNoT @ 06/07/16 09:29 AM
Sidenote...will practice jerseys ever make a comeback?

# 78 DeuceDouglas @ 06/07/16 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Love everything I've seen zone wise but this is my biggest fear. Upon release we KNOW there is gonna be a very vocal crowd whether they are sim or arcade players or casuals or vets who scream "zone defense is too good!" I hope they devs teach people how to read defenses instead of just nerfing it. I remember this one happening one year in NCAA
Hopefully they'll keep their feet in the ground. It's so much better having defense be too good as opposed to too bad or stupid. I worry about it as well simply because I strictly play offline and pass sliders haven't worked properly in forever. I really wish they would overhaul sliders to work like you'd figure they should 0=beyond terrible, 100=perfection. It wouldn't help the online crowd but then again if they used a specific slider set for online play instead of default then it definitely could IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I think those cleats on Cam have the "CN1" logo?
Nice catch. Also looks like it's backwards on one of them as well.

# 79 RogueHominid @ 06/07/16 10:09 AM
I really liked that 5-minute breakdown, especially the discussion of the types of plays.

I've been wanting to be able to run a man/zone concept for a while, so I loved that the Cover 2 play on the bottom of the page had zone coverage on the offense's right side and man coverage on the back side.

For me, that's a big strategic addition, especially if you have 1 matchup you really like at CB but not a whole set of matchups all the way across the board.

To fully take advantage of this strategy, we would need individual matchup assignment abilities, but still, this is a good take-away re: defensive playbook expansion.

# 80 dsk1317 @ 06/07/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I really liked that 5-minute breakdown, especially the discussion of the types of plays.

I've been wanting to be able to run a man/zone concept for a while, so I loved that the Cover 2 play on the bottom of the page had zone coverage on the offense's right side and man coverage on the back side.

For me, that's a big strategic addition, especially if you have 1 matchup you really like at CB but not a whole set of matchups all the way across the board.

To fully take advantage of this strategy, we would need individual matchup assignment abilities, but still, this is a good take-away re: defensive playbook expansion.
This is a diagram of 2-Buster, it's from a Wade Phillips playbook. An outside backer/sub package db will read #2 & #3, and if either one goes flat, he matches them. This allows the zone side cb to aggressively play #1.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.