Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FIFA 17 is scheduled to ship on September 27 here in North America and globally on September 29, powered by the Frostbite engine. Fans will see and hear authentic, true-to-life action, takes players to new football worlds, and introduces fans to characters full of depth and emotion.

Read the press release below.

North America Launch on September 27, Global Launch Coming September 29

See How Football Has Changed on June 12 at EA PLAY

All-New Engine for FIFA 17, Gameplay Innovation Influenced by Four New Football Ambassadors

Electronic Arts Inc. today revealed that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 is powered by Frostbite™*. One of the industry’s leading game engines, Frostbite delivers authentic, true-to-life action, takes players to new football worlds, and introduces fans to characters full of depth and emotion. To see the full debut of FIFA 17 powered by Frostbite, fans can watch the EA PLAY livestream at 1:00pm PST on http://ea.com/play2016.

“Frostbite unlocks a whole new world of possibilities for the FIFA franchise and its fans,” said David Rutter, VP and Executive Producer. “We have never been as excited as we are today about the future of football and the experiences we are going to deliver in FIFA 17.”

EA Access** members on Xbox One and Origin Access** members on PC can play the game early with Play First Trials. Stay tuned for more information on access timing and availability.

FIFA 17 is developed by EA Vancouver and will be available in North America on September 27 and worldwide on September 29 on Origin™ for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 entertainment system.

* Frostbite game engine technology is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC platform versions only.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 JayD @ 06/07/16 08:22 PM
Hopefully the addition of managers means a revamped career mode. Its looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong overdue.

# 22 bad_philanthropy @ 06/07/16 09:04 PM
I suppose my number one thought, despite the obvious potential leap with Frostbite, is what will be broken and what will be missing?

# 23 Resurrection403 @ 06/07/16 09:46 PM
If all they did in manager mode was added some more stats and stat tracking, and, allowed me to manage rosters as I saw fit to add more flavour to the long term rosters.. id be happy.

# 24 Anton10 @ 06/08/16 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I preferred FIFA last year, and thus far I haven't seen much to change my mind going into next year. I'm a long time PES fan as well, but the game has been too arcadey the past couple of years for my tastes. I love the player models, although it makes the generics look exponentially worse, and I love a lot of the player movements as well. My problem is the awful physics engine, the overpowered shooting and the sub par GKs. Simply put, there are too many cheap goals and not nearly enough fouls, and the ball doesn't move naturally at the feet of the players. On FIFA, I can feel every touch, and the collisions feel right, and often times they actually draw fouls, imagine that!

If the Frostbite engine is a significant upgrade, then I'm thinking FIFA will be hard to beat, especially with Konami's knack for dropping the ball on post launch support.

Last year I moved back to PES as I thought it played great after playing the demo (having not played it since 2009) and after playing Fifa 16's demo and during it's first week of release.

When I bought PES I thought I was 'returning home' but after constantly trying to work out which level difficulty to be on (over 5 months) as it was either too easy or too hard after changing, I started to get sick of everything. Shots are OP, Tackles are OP, no fouls, stamina reduces too quickly with players I don't even really control, defenders let you run at them and yes, it's too arcadey.
I have since purchased Fifa 16 (for a second time)and adjusted the sliders and absolutely love it and I now believe I am at my rightful 'home'.

Everyone is raving about PES 17 and the changes made seem great but most of the things I don't like mentioned above I don't think will be changed. I'd say it will be Fifa 17 for me. Fifa looks great and plays great (once sliders are adjusted). I just hope one day they add historical teams and players and allow you to make custom teams or bring back creation centre.

Can't wait for next weeks Fifa 17 reveal and the demo in future!!

# 25 jb12780 @ 06/08/16 12:51 PM
I don't think this new Frostbite engine will change a thing in regards to FIFA.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 26 DBMcGee3 @ 06/08/16 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton10
Last year I moved back to PES as I thought it played great after playing the demo (having not played it since 2009) and after playing Fifa 16's demo and during it's first week of release.

When I bought PES I thought I was 'returning home' but after constantly trying to work out which level difficulty to be on (over 5 months) as it was either too easy or too hard after changing, I started to get sick of everything. Shots are OP, Tackles are OP, no fouls, stamina reduces too quickly with players I don't even really control, defenders let you run at them and yes, it's too arcadey.
I have since purchased Fifa 16 (for a second time)and adjusted the sliders and absolutely love it and I now believe I am at my rightful 'home'.

Everyone is raving about PES 17 and the changes made seem great but most of the things I don't like mentioned above I don't think will be changed. I'd say it will be Fifa 17 for me. Fifa looks great and plays great (once sliders are adjusted). I just hope one day they add historical teams and players and allow you to make custom teams or bring back creation centre.

Can't wait for next weeks Fifa 17 reveal and the demo in future!!
Matt10's sliders for the win!

# 27 JHedges2 @ 06/09/16 11:42 AM
Frostbite affects graphics, and that's it right? Nothing to do with AI?

There are such glaring issues--graphics not necessarily being one of them.

Anxious to see the new game, but Football Manager may just kill this title off for me...

# 28 ZoneBlitz @ 06/10/16 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Hopefully this year isn't simply a new engine. I made the switch from FIFA to PES last year. Hopefully all teams don't play the same this year and 4th tier teams don't play as well teams like Arsenal or Man U. Despite its issues, teams play differently in PES. Gameplay variety is something EA struggles with across all products (NHL, Madden, FIFA).

It should be interesting to see who puts out the best game this year. FIFA will be best overall due to money, presentation, and licenses. However, I think PES will trump FIFA's gameplay on the pitch. Anyways, next week will be great as both should be revealed!
While FIFA is great this year, this is my main beef with the series. Every team plays the same. It irritates me how they ignore this request each year. If teams played differently, then it would be a truly spectacular game.

My concern with Frostbite is whether it has real-time animation or is everything pre-recorded.

# 29 KG @ 06/10/16 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
While FIFA is great this year, this is my main beef with the series. Every team plays the same. It irritates me how they ignore this request each year. If teams played differently, then it would be a truly spectacular game.

My concern with Frostbite is whether it has real-time animation or is everything pre-recorded.
I doubt that they would go backwards in-terms of animation quality and fidelity.

For as bad as Ignite was when it first debuted in FIFA (it was horrible) they ironed out the kinks, expanded the animation database, and tightened up the physics, specifically collisions, to a point where IMO it's the best in the business. It's not perfect by any means and even though I expect a few hiccups here & there with a new implementation I'd think that EA would move forward and not backwards with their proposed engine.

I'm not a Battlefield player but we'll see soon enough how this affects other aspects of the game not named graphics.

# 30 NewNapkin @ 06/10/16 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Frostbite affects graphics, and that's it right? Nothing to do with AI?

There are such glaring issues--graphics not necessarily being one of them.

Anxious to see the new game, but Football Manager may just kill this title off for me...
No, Frostbite affects everything. I don't completely understand this kind of stuff, but from what I've looked at, it will allow every aspect of the game to improve.

# 31 JODYE @ 06/10/16 11:07 AM
Couldn't care less about graphical improvements at this point.

This game has so many glaring issues that take precedence. It is a parody of soccer.

Scripting is out of control. Passing in the midfield is terrible. Defenders get a foot in WAAAAAY too often. Convenient deflections on everything (resulting from scripting). Ball control is an embarrassment. And the list goes on.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.