Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has posted another quick Madden NFL 17 video, this one featuring pocket disengage and ball physics. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 dougdeuce @ 06/07/16 11:05 AM
That tipped ball looked pretty nice. I'd like to see a lot more now, including run of the mill missed passes to watch the ball in action.

# 2 sir psycho @ 06/07/16 11:06 AM
The tipped pass and INT looked great. And I loved hearing that defenses will be getting more pressure on the QB.

# 3 Toupal @ 06/07/16 11:07 AM
That tipped ball is what I've been waiting for since forever. Nice work!

# 4 DeuceDouglas @ 06/07/16 11:15 AM
The tipped ball looked great, I'll make some slow-mo gifs of those plays soon.

I don't know what the point of this shot was though:

It looks like Von Miller without a face scan, an Air XP helmet, Revo facemask, and anti-gravity visor clips. And then right after it cuts to a great version of Von Miller with a Speed Flex. Was just weird to me but everything else visually looks great.

I liked the celebrations for the plays as well. They didn't seem as exaggerated and ridiculous as M16 and were a bit more subdued which I liked.

# 5 bloobloouk @ 06/07/16 11:18 AM
I also thought the tipped pass looked great. The new ball physics should really tighten up this part of the game.

In Madden 16 I've gotten tired of watching the ball shoot several feet into the air to then be intercepted. It might happpen ocassionally in real life,but not the 50% of INTs that we see in Madden.

# 6 Cowboy008 @ 06/07/16 11:25 AM
The spin move Williams does was nice and I don't think I've ever seen the the Offensive lineman fall down like the Bills lineman did. The tipped pass looked good as well. What was Gronk doing after the pass was tipped though? At first I thought he was throwing his arm up to complain but I'm not sure.

# 7 DeuceDouglas @ 06/07/16 11:26 AM

# 8 Rams_3 @ 06/07/16 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The tipped ball looked great, I'll make some slow-mo gifs of those plays soon.

I don't know what the point of this shot was though:

It looks like Von Miller without a face scan, an Air XP helmet, Revo facemask, and anti-gravity visor clips. And then right after it cuts to a great version of Von Miller with a Speed Flex. Was just weird to me but everything else visually looks great.

I liked the celebrations for the plays as well. They didn't seem as exaggerated and ridiculous as M16 and were a bit more subdued which I liked.
I said the same thing. They prolly wanted to mess with us because the other von miller shot was AMAZING!!!

# 9 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/07/16 11:29 AM
Tipped pass looked good, as many have already noted; I would have liked to have seen the ball physics on a fumble/strip of QB.

# 10 StayPlation82 @ 06/07/16 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Tipped pass looked good, as many have already noted; I would have liked to have seen the ball physics on a fumble/strip of QB.
Yeah would've been great when they showed Von vs Cam

# 11 bpac55 @ 06/07/16 11:31 AM
They also have Mario Williams in a 3 bar facemask and what appears to be a Schutt Vengeance. I could be wrong.

# 12 Allball76 @ 06/07/16 11:33 AM
Quote:

Looks like suh pushed the center out the way like a rag doll and got the pressure this is what I wanted to see and same with Von Miller ! Defence is back !

# 13 Cyborg_Jets @ 06/07/16 11:36 AM
im curious to know the limits of ball physics..

is the ball completely 'live'?

Can it hit linemans helmets? Can it be jarred out more realistically on fumbles?

# 14 roadman @ 06/07/16 11:39 AM
Nice QB animation by Brady too.

# 15 msdm27 @ 06/07/16 11:41 AM
Quote:

There is something funky about the sack on Eli, the contact by Lawrence seemed weird, felt more like a friendly hug than a sack, no aggressiveness to it. EDIT: No aggressiveness when making contact/starting the animation; the throw down looked better.

Otherwise it looked quite good; hoping to see improved pressure from RE/ROLB with these adjustments

# 16 mestevo @ 06/07/16 11:47 AM
I kinda wish QBs did that 'brace/protect the ball' right before they're hit, especially from a defender w/in their field of vision. Would be a little thing that would go a long way toward making those sacks look better.

That could even extend to rattled quarterbacks, flinching over pressure that's not quite there, etc.

Good stuff. Was happy w/ 16 on All Pro, 17 looks tough.

# 17 x LuvMESumME x @ 06/07/16 12:24 PM
I really like what I see so far. E3 will tell all tho. Madden 17 has great potential as long as they tweak everything before it gets too op.

# 18 DeuceDouglas @ 06/07/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'm no expert in analyzing these short clips, but one thing that concerns me is:

Why is Eli drifting to his right, pretty much causing the sack to happen? Are we still looking at the "one side of the defense gets most of the sacks" which is a killer in a stats/goal based progression system.
He was user controlled so I'm sure they were doing that to try and create a sack clip.

# 19 jfsolo @ 06/07/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
He was user controlled so I'm sure they were doing that to try and create a sack clip.
Yep, that's the thing about these clips. They are trying their best to manufacture very specific scenarios, so a lot of what we see will look bad in the context of analyzing them from the perspective of making good football decisions.

# 20 cthurt @ 06/07/16 12:35 PM
Quote:

But if this is the case then the clip is a complete joke, and doesn't show us the real pressure that is put on the QB, but I'm just saying.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.