Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A new commentary team featuring Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and Charles Davis (color commentary and analysis) will replace Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in Madden NFL 17. The team will be able to add new commentary to the game throughout the entire season.

Quote:
Today EA Tiburon revealed the new commentary team that will be calling the games in Madden NFL 17. Brandon Gaudin will be the new voice providing play-by-play, with Charles Davis adding color commentary and analysis. Thanks to unprecedented access to Davis and Gaudin, Madden NFL 17 will ship with the most commentary ever at launch. This year’s game also features the opportunity to add commentary updates throughout the NFL season on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

Brandon Gaudin will be joining the Big Ten Network as a play-by-play announcer this fall after being the Voice of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets since 2013. Additionally, he has been named the lead college football play-by-play voice for Westwood One Sports, and will also call occasional NFL games for the network. Gaudin will continue to serve as one of the voices for Westwood One’s coverage of men’s basketball, including conference championship week and the NCAA Tournament.

Charles Davis is best known for his work on the NFL Network and NFL on FOX. This past season he could be seen providing analysis each week during NFL on FOX broadcasts, as well as providing extensive coverage of the NFL Draft on NFL Network. Davis is known for his meticulous and detailed knowledge of the NFL, which he will bring to the Madden NFL 17 broadcast booth.

Read more about the new Madden NFL 17 commentary team in the official blog.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 fballturkey @ 06/10/16 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Weekly commentary updates potentially supports every other mode that isn't CFM - Play Now, Online Head-To-Head, Draft Champions, and Ultimate Team. It's especially relevant to Ultimate Team, where they've drop new cards for the top performers of the week every week of the season for a while now.
Now, and I get this is a big if, IF they could contextualize them to the point that they were usable in CFMs with the same scenario then that would be pretty cool. So a comment on Cam throwing 3 TDs last week (might need to snip off the opponent) is something that could pop up in a CFM.

# 122 Yukon46 @ 06/10/16 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Can someone explain the importance of the weekly updated commentary based on real life NFL happenings for me? It's obviously not going to be relevant to any online or offline CFM since occurrences in real life won't be happening in my own CFM world. Is it just for online head to head?
My hope is for all those late round draft picks and UDFA's rookies that nobody really heard of makes a team. They can then add their names so the announcers actually say them during games.

# 123 Jr. @ 06/10/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Weekly commentary updates potentially supports every other mode that isn't CFM - Play Now, Online Head-To-Head, Draft Champions, and Ultimate Team. It's especially relevant to Ultimate Team, where they've drop new cards for the top performers of the week every week of the season for a while now.
If they add that presentation to those modes. They've never done the intro things for online games before; it just went straight to the kickoff.

Anyway, hopefully they can implement previous stats from your actual CFM games into those pieces.

# 124 Cowboy008 @ 06/10/16 11:42 AM
This was a good video

# 125 brahmagoul @ 06/10/16 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Weekly commentary updates, surely means some kind of 'play the season' or something.

Love all the foley stuff.
This gives a little insight to what Madden 365 might be about. I've been hoping for a "live season" for years.

# 126 aguero90 @ 06/10/16 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbSlkcORd4I This is the kind of voice I'm talking about!!! Since he's a radio guy, he'll hopefully keep his style and use it in game!

# 127 K_GUN @ 06/10/16 01:23 PM
Great sound/energy but Gus had that too, no??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 128 Pixx4Sixx @ 06/10/16 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

I really think this will be light years better, especially after hearing them talk about how the commentary/sound is on a brand new framework/engine and that one of the last pieces left over from the last generation was the commentary. Commentary has been one of the worst features of Madden and I'm happy to hear it's finally get its next-gen renovation.

It was also really smart of them to get that exciting, pure sports sounding voice like Brandon but also pair it with a guy like Charles who has that college experience as well as the pros to be able to be more of an information hub to bounce off of Brandons signature sound. I think it will be a great combination and cannot wait to hear some of it, hopefully next week at E3 2016.

# 129 Cowboy008 @ 06/10/16 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

I think it will sound better because they are both in the same room when they're recording.

# 130 aguero90 @ 06/10/16 02:30 PM
And Brandon said that he loves voice acting, which means he will try very hard to make it sound just like he does in a live game. Video games need not only good pbp guys, but good voice actors.

# 131 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/16 03:21 PM
Sim standard guys talked about this last night on the show so for those of you who haven't heard they talked about how when we ( I was there for this event and can confirm the devs said this, so I said we) went down there last February 2015, and they told us they were going for best in class commentary and according to the show last night that's what they have delivered to us and they said they hadn't even heard the newest lines that Gaudin and Davis has recently recorded and Gaudin told them himself that what you guys have heard was nothing compared to what we recently recorded. They also said that the new sounds on the field and in the crowd are going to blow us away, they said you can tell the difference between the 12th man at Seattle and the other stadiums, they also said you will hear breathing sounds while players are running, footprints, players talking and encouraging each other, example used was a guy told Smitty it's alright man, it's alright when he had dropped a pass, QBs will be calling out the Mike lb again, everything sounds alive, and they compared it to what you hear on NFL films sound fx and mic'd up videos. Pretty exciting stuff IF this all comes to fruition.

# 132 GoJags904 @ 06/10/16 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sim standard guys talked about this last night on the show so for those of you who haven't heard they talked about how when we went down there last February 2015, they told us they were going for best in class commentary and according to the show that's what they have delivered to us and they said they hadn't even heard the newest lines that Gaudin and Davis has recently recorded and Gaudin told them himself that what you guys have heard was nothing compared to what we recently recorded. They also said that the new sounds on the field and in the crowd are going to blow us away, they said you can tell the difference between the 12th man at Seattle and the other stadiums, they also said you will hear players running, talking, calling out the Mike lb again, everything is alive they said and they compared it to what you hear on NFL films sound fx and mic'd up videos. Pretty exciting stuff IF this all comes to fruition.

Do you know if, team specific, in-stadium sounds/chants have been added to the current ones or is it still the same?

# 133 DeuceDouglas @ 06/10/16 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sim standard guys talked about this last night on the show so for those of you who haven't heard they talked about how when we ( I was there for this event and can confirm the devs said this, so I said we) went down there last February 2015, and they told us they were going for best in class commentary and according to the show last night that's what they have delivered to us and they said they hadn't even heard the newest lines that Gaudin and Davis has recently recorded and Gaudin told them himself that what you guys have heard was nothing compared to what we recently recorded. They also said that the new sounds on the field and in the crowd are going to blow us away, they said you can tell the difference between the 12th man at Seattle and the other stadiums, they also said you will hear breathing sounds while players are running, footprints, players talking and encouraging each other, example used was a guy told Smitty it's alright man, it's alright when he had dropped a pass, QBs will be calling out the Mike lb again, everything sounds alive, and they compared it to what you hear on NFL films sound fx and mic'd up videos. Pretty exciting stuff IF this all comes to fruition.
Hopefully this means they brought back a bunch of the authentic QB cadences that disappeared.

# 134 jfsolo @ 06/10/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
And Brandon said that he loves voice acting, which means he will try very hard to make it sound just like he does in a live game. Video games need not only good pbp guys, but good voice actors.
Great Point. The ability and desire to bring a high level of enthusiasm to this fictitious universe is much more important, IMO, than having big name guys. This is of course the forte of a good voice actor.

# 135 aguero90 @ 06/10/16 09:56 PM
jfsolo, yes! I believe that many guys have a hard time with it, because they can't "get into it," without seeing a game in front of them. I can do it very well, because I'm visually impaired, so don't need to "see" it, to get the right excitement and stuff. It also takes a good voice, and he's got it, much like John Miller did for mlb 2k. If he does his calls half the way I heard on live clips, we're in for a treat!

# 136 BayRaider510 @ 06/11/16 12:07 AM
Finally new commentary!!! You guys have no idea how excited I am about this. Simms and Nantz were always very boring commentators and got old quick. I really like Charles Davis.

# 137 Aggies7 @ 06/11/16 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Do you know if, team specific, in-stadium sounds/chants have been added to the current ones or is it still the same?

That's a good question. Plus I would love to see if the in-stadium sounds and charts are a little louder so you can hear them. For instance, Hail to the Redskins you could barely hear on previous versions.

# 138 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/11/16 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
From the video it looks like another year of turning the commentary volume all the way down
In what shape or form did you come to this conclusion? Talk about jumping the gun!

# 139 redsox4evur @ 06/11/16 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
In what shape or form did you come to this conclusion? Talk about jumping the gun!

Hasn't everyone else been doing the same thing by saying it's great???

# 140 Gilley @ 06/11/16 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Hasn't everyone else been doing the same thing by saying it's great???

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but based on what we've heard so far it seems far more likely for it to be great than awful.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.