Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports posted a new blog detailing Presentation improvements in Madden NFL 17.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 brings even more authenticity to Broadcast Presentation this year. From the beginning sequence of heading into game you will notice the “rock concert” feel that you see so often on real NFL Broadcasts."

And with that, we begin to learn about some of the new improvements coming to the Presentation in Madden NFL 17.
  • Each stadium and jumbotron has been updated to improve authenticity at each venue around the NFL.
  • Pylon cams are now part of the game.
  • New camera angles on the field.
  • In-game stat overlays now will be shown over replays as well as live.
  • Multi-Cam is a new camera angle which can target multiple players in one cut after a play concludes.
  • Players and the UI exist with one another in a 3D environment.
  • The look and behavior of coaches has been improved on the sidelines so that they look and act more lifelike.

What do you think of Madden NFL 17's presentation improvements?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 MoneyOvaHuds @ 06/08/16 01:31 PM
I kind of see tatts

# 42 DeuceDouglas @ 06/08/16 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidklay
JJ Watt still with the generic "Arm Wrap." You'd think the best defensive player in the NFL would have at least gotten his signature Elbow brace in the game.

-Spoken like a true homer
Isn't this it?

Spoiler

That was a picture from an article almost two years ago of them scanning it. Not sure why it hasn't made it's way in yet.

# 43 SolidSquid @ 06/08/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I kind of see tatts
I though I did too at first but I doubt it

# 44 kidklay @ 06/08/16 01:51 PM
Yes sir. That is his elbow brace. Great find! Not a huge deal if it isn't, Aaron Rodgers still has to have the sweat band on his elbow rather than his forearm. I'm guessing next year will be the overhaul on accessories. With the padded arm sleeves and what not.

# 45 UFCMPunk @ 06/08/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
Pylon cam has potential to be cool but my big worry is the sideline catches will still be jank (catches called incomplete when they're in by two yards and vice versa) cheapening the whole idea.
This is my biggest concern. I love the addition of the Pylon Camera and def feel that it's biggest use is for goal line challenges, feet in bounds near the goal(but out at the 1 or 2 yard line), etc. So unless there has been some improvement to the challenge system that implements the Pylon Cam, and player awareness of where they are on the field has improved, then this is a great addition. If neither of those two were fixed, then I agree it cheapens the idea of it.

# 46 Gilley @ 06/08/16 02:01 PM
Pylon Camera looks really cool, and I don't think you guys are just seeing things...those look like tattoos on Wilfork.

# 47 noplace @ 06/08/16 02:21 PM
Everything sounds great. Loved the lighting in the screenshots. Since I loved M16, every addition is a plus with the new commentary, gameplay additions, and equipment I should be very pleased.

Now they need to add organic player movement and get rid of those guys doing motion cap.

# 48 KennyJ1976 @ 06/08/16 02:28 PM
So is Sean Payton and Bill Belichick in the game this year?

# 49 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/08/16 02:28 PM
All great improvements but disappointed they still haven't upgraded the sideline player models. They removed the high socks which is great, but still no names on back of jerseys, players all wearing the same facemask, etc..

# 50 roadman @ 06/08/16 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
All great improvements but disappointed they still haven't upgraded the sideline player models. They removed the high socks which is great, but still no names on back of jerseys, players all wearing the same facemask, etc..
This might change with the change to the frostbite engine. We've been told in the past we will sacrifice on the field graphics if the sidelines are enhanced.

# 51 kehlis @ 06/08/16 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976

If they decided to join the Union which is unlikely.

# 52 MajorSupreme @ 06/08/16 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
If they aren't a part of the the NFLCA, then no, as far as I know.

# 53 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Nice little improvements, nothing major though (besides new commentary team). I just want to know if their are new game-play camera angles? I just want the ability to lower the standard view camera so it looks like it does in player lock.

MrPrice33 answered this No...I'm highly disappointed...check a few post back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 54 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This might change with the change to the frostbite engine. We've been told in the past we will sacrifice on the field graphics if the sidelines are enhanced.
Might also be a Neo/Scorpio-type feature.

Wasn't really into the idea of new consoles (I have a powerful PC), but upgraded sports games might be the thing to do it for me.

# 55 jbd345 @ 06/08/16 03:33 PM
New commentary team awesome! Cant wait until next week for ea play to hopefully see it in action.

# 56 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 03:34 PM
Quote:
This really sucks, how come every major sports title can do custom cams besides Madden?

Here's MrPrice33 response

# 57 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
This really sucks, how come every major sports title can do custom cams besides Madden?
Madden has to render twice as many players (with AI/physics) as 2K/The Show, with somewhere like 3x the crowd and arena size as NBA. It's a much more demanding game from a graphical standpoint.

# 58 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic

Here's MrPrice33 response

Here's mine

# 59 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 03:40 PM
Quote:

What's even more crazy is the fact that Madden was the original creator of the user-defined camera...since the jump to Next-Gen and the engine they are using they've never been able to fix it, it's going on 10yrs now

# 60 TreyIM2 @ 06/08/16 03:43 PM
Everything I've read about and seen regarding improvements for 17 has been exciting. I wish a lil more from presentation like replay teleprompter chalk breakdowns and/or more 'in-depth' replay breakdowns, gamebreaks where they cut to scoring in other games during CFM, among other things would have been added but I do like the all real time situations where there are no longer cut scenes (at least that's how I interpreted what they meant about everything being real time) but this definitely good to read.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.