Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports posted a new blog detailing Presentation improvements in Madden NFL 17.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 brings even more authenticity to Broadcast Presentation this year. From the beginning sequence of heading into game you will notice the “rock concert” feel that you see so often on real NFL Broadcasts."

And with that, we begin to learn about some of the new improvements coming to the Presentation in Madden NFL 17.
  • Each stadium and jumbotron has been updated to improve authenticity at each venue around the NFL.
  • Pylon cams are now part of the game.
  • New camera angles on the field.
  • In-game stat overlays now will be shown over replays as well as live.
  • Multi-Cam is a new camera angle which can target multiple players in one cut after a play concludes.
  • Players and the UI exist with one another in a 3D environment.
  • The look and behavior of coaches has been improved on the sidelines so that they look and act more lifelike.

What do you think of Madden NFL 17's presentation improvements?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 reverend_heat @ 06/08/16 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I kind of see tatts
Yes dude good eye!

# 62 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
2K football had custom camera angles over a decade ago, Fifa has custom camera angles too, I know you have a close relationship with the Madden team and you can't admit that the engine is crap. Maybe we'll get custom camera angles in Frostbite.

You didn't seem to mind my relationship with EA when you were asking me questions.

Truth is truth regardless.

I mean, I don't *have* to say/answer anything. There are plenty of GCers who provide feedback directly to EA. But I'm here. I've been here. If you want to come at me for that, well, that's your problem.

# 63 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33

You didn't seem to mind my relationship with EA when you were asking me questions.

Truth is truth regardless.

MrPrice33 please don't get offended or take it personal we appreciate all your feedback and answering of questions ,this issue has been a sensitive subject for a long , long time that never gets addressed from higher ups just an occasional GC that's left out to dry and swept back under the rug each and every year...But I for one really appreciate you taking time to answer our questions best you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 64 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:15 PM
Y'all can choose to be salty about custom cameras or accept that it's not in there and move on.

What I see happen on these boards is some people go crazy about one thing, it gets fixed, and then they move on to going crazy about a new thing, until that thing gets fixed, and so on and so forth. So this year we get new zone coverages, ball physics, gap assignments, a new commentary team, special teams improvements across the board, a huge improvement to equipment, and much more, and people want to call it crap because it doesn't have custom camera angles? Miss me with all that.

# 65 phenom2311 @ 06/08/16 04:16 PM
No more toilet paper rolls wrapped around shoes masquerading as spatting?????!!!!!!

# 66 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
MrPrice33 please don't get offended or take it personal we appreciate all your feedback and answering of questions ,this issue has been a sensitive subject for a long , long time that never gets addressed from higher ups just an occasional GC that's left out to dry and swept back under the rug each and every year...But I for one really appreciate you taking time to answer our questions best you can

By the way Ian Cummings told us the same thing with the frame rate issues...that was 09'

# 67 Gilley @ 06/08/16 04:18 PM
Quote:
Y'all can choose to be salty about custom cameras or accept that it's not in there and move on.

What I see happen on these boards is some people go crazy about one thing, it gets fixed, and then they move on to going crazy about a new thing, until that thing gets fixed, and so on and so forth. So this year we get new zone coverages, ball physics, gap assignments, a new commentary team, special teams improvements across the board, a huge improvement to equipment, and much more, and people want to call it crap because it doesn't have custom camera angles? Miss me with all that.

# 68 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
I just don't like when some people who are close with the development team make every excuse for the game. I know you can't bash the game but some things like custom camera angle their are no good excuses for, it's Ok to say yes you have a point I wish they would add it in too.
Of course I wish custom camera angles were in, but the fact is they make the engine crawl. And the fact is that Madden does have to render more players, with more AI and more physics. So maybe a custom camera angle works in every gameplay scenario except rain games. Would you be happy with that? If suddenly during rain games your game ran at 40 fps? Of course not. Or if you had custom camera angles but worse lighting? Or even worse sideline characters? No, of course not.

Game. Development. Is. Triage. Remember that, burn it into your mind. I wish everything was in the game (so does the team), but the reality is there are technical factors that prevent it from happening. It's just the fact of the matter. And if that's a reason for you not to enjoy the game, then we'll see you when custom camera angles are back in.

# 69 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Wow you sound like you helped create that baby...

Listen man, I own my own company, I have a kid, I have my own life. I'm in here because I want to be and because this community helped me get opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise. I don't need to be. So if you want anybody to ever engage with you, don't let your saltiness show so hard.

# 70 roadman @ 06/08/16 04:23 PM
It's time to move this conversation to something different, folks.

It's tiring to read the same stuff over and over again inside of this same thread.

# 71 Gilley @ 06/08/16 04:24 PM
Quote:
Wow you sound like you helped create that baby...

The dude has a point, and it's a major one. I haven't really posted here often and I mostly just lurk, but since I joined the board in 2012 it's been the same stuff every year. The dev team improves or adds a feature, and either people find things to nitpick about that feature or they move on to something else to complain about. Having constrictive criticisms of the game is great, that's how things lead to being improved, but the whole "this sucks" "this blows" BS gets so redundant.

# 72 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 04:28 PM
Quote:
Listen man, I own my own company, I have a kid, I have my own life. I'm in here because I want to be and because this community helped me get opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise. I don't need to be. So if you want anybody to ever engage with you, don't let your saltiness show so hard.

I don't recall attacking or insulting you one time and if I did and didn't realize my apologies but I thought I could share my opinion on presentation on this particular post. Again I'm a consumer that's considering a purchase of a product that's lacking what I desire. Nothing personal towards you and whatever sacrifices you've had to make regarding the game or getting a chance to test it

# 73 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
I don't recall attacking or insulting you one time and if I did and didn't realize my apologies but I thought I could share my opinion on presentation on this particular post. Again I'm a consumer that's considering a purchase of a product that's lacking what I desire. Nothing personal towards you and whatever sacrifices you've had to make regarding the game or getting a chance to test it

No, it's no sacrifices at all. Your response to me was that it sounded like I helped create that baby, which is condescending and unnecessary. So I'm telling you that if you engage me like an adult I will do the same, but I have no obligation to engage with you at all, and you'd do well to remember that.

# 74 avwhitechic @ 06/08/16 04:38 PM
Quote:
No, it's no sacrifices at all. Your response to me was that it sounded like I helped create that baby, which is condescending and unnecessary. So I'm telling you that if you engage me like an adult I will do the same, but I have no obligation to engage with you at all, and you'd do well to remember that.

Message received..trust me keyboard tounge wrestling ain't my thing

# 75 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
What about a custom camera vs a non custom camera makes the engine crawl? I could see the placement of a camera having an effect, but I'm, not sure how a camera being custom would make the graphics crawl.

Game development should be about design, code, test, maintenance with enhancements going through the same steps. I don't have to burn software development into my brain, it already is. I've been designing and developing software since the 80's.

My question above is a serious question. I wonder if someone on the development team could answer it. There may be a legit reason.
Because if you have a completely customizable camera it can placed in a position where the engine could be adversely affected. And if that's not a risk they're willing to take, then it's a risk they're not willing to take.

And really? You don't think game development is triage? Have you ever had to develop on a deadline? Have you ever had to do anything creative on a deadline? I've had to write reviews on deadline and I always wish I can go back and fix something after it's done. It's always about doing the best you can to meet your design philosophy and goals for that cycle. So yes, you have to make concessions, you have to let some things go for next time. It's hard to believe you have done software development in any serious way and not feel like that, as basically every software dev I've ever spoken to has described design as triage to me. Maybe you're just especially good at it.

# 76 K_GUN @ 06/08/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
By the way Ian Cummings told us the same thing with the frame rate issues...that was 09'

Soooo....then why is it so hard to comprehend?

Its not that difficult

# 77 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Soooo....then why is it so hard to comprehend?

Its not that difficult

BECAUSE ALL PROGRESS IS LINEAR!

Anyway, there's a lot of cool stuff in regular play-now presentation, but the really cool stuff is still to come.

# 78 msdm27 @ 06/08/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
Because if you have a completely customizable camera it can placed in a position where the engine could be adversely affected. And if that's not a risk they're willing to take, then it's a risk they're not willing to take.

And really? You don't think game development is triage? Have you ever had to develop on a deadline? Have you ever had to do anything creative on a deadline? I've had to write reviews on deadline and I always wish I can go back and fix something after it's done. It's always about doing the best you can to meet your design philosophy and goals for that cycle. So yes, you have to make concessions, you have to let some things go for next time. It's hard to believe you have done software development in any serious way and not feel like that, as basically every software dev I've ever spoken to has described design as triage to me. Maybe you're just especially good at it.
@mrprice:
Sometimes it is better to stop, take a breath and maybe jump back into the threads a bit later I say this as I see your responses are getting a bit hostile, and while it's not cool to be "attacked" unfairly, it is also not necessary to respond in passive aggressive way.

Just my two cents of friendly advice

I do reckon one point you had earlier is very valid, and will probably always apply to Madden and any other game... Once something is fixed/added, the customer goes straight into "taken for granted" mode and moves on to the next critique... I believe this must be a very hard way of thinking and living if that's how peeps approach a video game, nothing will ever be enough.

Unfortunately it is pretty easy to see plenty of folks that fit this prerogative in here

I do hope to see more meat to the presentation additions shortly

# 79 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
@mrprice:
Sometimes it is better to stop, take a breath and maybe jump back into the threads a bit later I say this as I see your responses are getting a bit hostile, and while it's not cool to be "attacked" unfairly, it is also not necessary to respond in passive aggressive way.

Just my two cents of friendly advice

I do reckon one point you had earlier is very valid, and will probably always apply to Madden and any other game... Once something is fixed/added, the customer goes straight into "taken for granted" mode and moves on to the next critique... I believe this must be a very hard way of thinking and living if that's how peeps approach a video game, nothing will ever be enough.

Unfortunately it is pretty easy to see plenty of folks that fit this prerogative in here

I do hope to see more meat to the presentation additions shortly
I need to remember that the ignore list is there for a reason. You're right though.

# 80 strawberryshortcake @ 06/08/16 04:54 PM
Unless I glossed it over, did they mention anything about reworking the playcalling screen so the graphics don't cover up the replays or whatever is going on on the field after the play is over?

Madden 16 playcalling screen

Something along the line of this so I can still see the action on the field, especially during replays, or just about anytime there is something on the field. Just a quick mock-up that I did a few years ago. Just the idea of not covering up the action with playcalling screen would be great.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.