Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has improved accessibility in Madden NFL 17 with larger icons, colorblind support, 5 levels of brightness/contrast and more. If you want to request other accessibility options, make sure to tweet the team here.

Quote:
Any in-world icon that is prompting user interaction (pass, catch, tackle battle, etc.) will be about twice as big. Augmented UI banners will gracefully enlarge, but will still be prevented from filling too much of the screen. The kick meter is larger and it pins itself to the screen, instead of being placed in the world. These changes have been tested by internal Madden NFL developers that also have vision issues, such as macular degeneration.

We estimate that over half a million current Madden NFL users are colorblind*. Bright primary colors are used all over Madden NFL, so there were issues with many menus and on-field art. Filters seemed to be a great way to go, as they cover the entire game, including all menus. Red, green, and blue weak colorblindness are all supported and tested, with great results.

Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Skyboxer @ 06/11/16 03:07 PM
Great addition. I don't have the best eyes anymore so this makes me very happy.

# 42 Cusefan @ 06/11/16 03:20 PM
This is a very welcome addition. Now my friend who has poor vision cant use his eyes as an excuse when I beat the snot out of him.

# 43 CMH @ 06/11/16 07:18 PM
As someone who just learned that positive and negative balances in OOTP were green and red, respectively, this is a welcomed addition! (And I've been playing OOTP since v4...)

Color blindness is ignored way too often in this digital age, but I'm glad to see more developers are making an effort to offer options for those with particular seeing disabilities (OOTP does have a dark layout that fixes these red/green colorblind issues I had).

Good job, EA. Actually, I take that back. Great job.

# 44 Reed1417 @ 06/11/16 09:19 PM
Good on EA! As someone who only has sight in my left eye this is going to help a ton!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 45 frostbyt @ 06/12/16 12:11 AM
Great addition...does not effect me at all but is a great move by EA.

# 46 aguero90 @ 06/13/16 11:22 AM
I noticed they're doing some cool things to help people with limited vision. I haven't been able to play Madden in a couple years, ever since they took away the "coach talk," right before the play, that explained what kind of play it was. This was great for me, because I can't see well enough to know if I'm picking a pass or run play. My question, is there a way to know what I'm picking without reading the screen. In other words, can I map plays to particular buttons?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.