Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FIFA 17 The Journey (story mode) has been confirmed, check out the trailer here.

Quote:
Powered by Frostbite, The Journey is a new mode in FIFA 17. Make your mark on and off the pitch as the Premier League's next rising star, Alex Hunter. Play at any Premier League club, for authentic managers, and alongside some of the best players on the planet.

INTRODUCING ALEX HUNTER
Alex is a 17-year-old from humble roots in Clapham, London who has football in the blood. Guided by his grandfather and English legend Jim Hunter (20 goals in the 1966-67 season), Alex has a name that carries weight in football circles, obstacles to overcome, and a personal legacy to build. Alex now has a promising footballing career in front of him, but how far can he go? That’s up to you.

It's a new season and touted young academy prospect, Alex Hunter is looking to make his mark in the Premier League. But this season you decide which team he plays for. You make the decisions off the pitch. And you shape his career with your performance on the pitch.

Powered by Frostbite™, The Journey is a new cinematic narrative mode in FIFA 17 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, that lets you make your mark in a true-to-life experience as a professional player. Developed with Premier League stars like Harry Kane, Eden Hazard and Anthony Martial, in The Journey you can choose to play at any club during the 2016/17 season, for real managers and alongside some of the best players in world football.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 SpHSpH @ 06/12/16 02:29 PM
Who was asking for this?

Just fix career mode and be done with it.

Grump.

# 2 JayD @ 06/12/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Who was asking for this?

Just fix career mode and be done with it.

Grump.
Im going to be very upset if they added this mode and left career mode untouched. We've been asking to improve career mode for years now.

# 3 JWDixon120 @ 06/12/16 02:47 PM
Exactly. Why not add online career mode etc. I mean they did it for Madden. Also did they not see how awful this story mode with a set player did when 2k did it this year? It was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 redsox4evur @ 06/12/16 02:48 PM
They did fix career mode, lol. This is a completely revamped my player career mode.

# 5 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 06/12/16 02:52 PM
I agree that career mode needs a lot of attention but I don't know how anyone can be upset with this. It looks amazing.

# 6 Snoopy2quik @ 06/12/16 02:56 PM
But, I don't want to be Alex Hunter...

# 7 Sparkles @ 06/12/16 02:56 PM
Yea i hope this isn't the only trailer we get today :/

# 8 redsox4evur @ 06/12/16 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I agree that career mode needs a lot of attention but I don't know how anyone can be upset with this. It looks amazing.

Exactly I like playing as a player every now and again. And the mode in FIFA is HORRENDOUS!!! It's so boring. All you do is play games and nothing else. This brings some personality to it.

# 9 redsox4evur @ 06/12/16 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy2quik
But, I don't want to be Alex Hunter...

Where does it say you have to be Alex Hunter? Maybe thats just the name of the person that made the video and there is a database of names that you could choose.

# 10 TemplateR @ 06/12/16 02:58 PM
Who cares about the story-mode in sports-games? Nobody. This will fail.

# 11 stocksy @ 06/12/16 02:59 PM
Will this be called the Marcus Rashford mode??

Looks good either way. Will be a nice addition of a mode.

Jose in there is a lovely touch I didn't expect and confirms licensed managers surely now playing a large part in the game and presentation

# 12 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/12/16 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
I care about story modes in Sports games smh. This looks dope. You guys are a bunch of negative Nancy's. Like Redsox said, this game as well as all EA Sports games for that matter needs to add some personality. I'm all for a good single player story mode. Madden desperately needs this too. No one said this mode is taking away from any other modes or that any of the other modes haven't been touched. Some of you guys just hate for no reason smh. This plus the addition of the Frostbite engine have me excited for Fifa 17 & I'm not even a soccer guy.

# 13 Zac @ 06/12/16 03:06 PM
No thanks. Fix the game please. And re do manager career mode.

# 14 Zac @ 06/12/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Where does it say you have to be Alex Hunter? Maybe thats just the name of the person that made the video and there is a database of names that you could choose.

In the interview Steve just posted, they state you play as him. So it is a locked story mode. You don't get to play as yourself. You are Hunter.

# 15 redsox4evur @ 06/12/16 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
In the interview Steve just posted, they state you play as him. So it is a locked story mode. You don't get to play as yourself. You are Hunter.

Yea I hadn't seen that prior to posting that. I read the blog a couple minutes ago.

# 16 DickDalewood @ 06/12/16 03:40 PM
If a company doesn't innovate, people get upset that they're getting a yearly roster update. When a company adds something completely new to a series, then the response is "who asked for this?". Lol.

This looks pretty solid and like a fun addition. And, nothing here says the rest of the game's modes didn't receive an upgrade as well.

# 17 DickDalewood @ 06/12/16 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
The NBA 2K fan base would disagree with you...

# 18 Zac @ 06/12/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
The NBA 2K fan base would disagree with you...
Didn't everyone pretty much not like 2k16's scripted story mode? I don't remember reading anything good about it.

# 19 Review @ 06/12/16 03:58 PM
Player models still look terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 20 TemplateR @ 06/12/16 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Player models still look terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Especially the hairs

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.