Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FIFA 17 is addressing the physical side of football with changes to aspects of the gameplay. EA promises control is now in your hands as players battle for space and possession.

• Pushback Tech - Pushback Tech innovates in trapping, dribbling, physics, and defending to create true-to-life battles for position and the ball. This is especially important when you want to control the ball and buy time for a teammate to make a run or get into a supporting position.
  • Physical Interactions - Player interactions come to life in realistic detail across the entire pitch, like goalkeeper collisions, across-body tackles, 50/50 battles, jostling while ball is in the air and ball control while shielding.
  • 360 Degree Shield Dribble - New proximity-based shielding will help you fend off opponents and keep possession. Defenders can be shielded out as you dribble in any direction.
Do you think the new changes to the physicality within FIFA will help improve the experience of battling for position on the pitch?

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Zac @ 06/12/16 03:59 PM
Sounds good. But what about players backpedaling away from loose balls? Will that also be addressed as part of the 50/50 balls? Fingers crossed. But I wont get my hopes up.

# 2 KG @ 06/12/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Sounds good. But what about players backpedaling away from loose balls? Will that also be addressed as part of the 50/50 balls? Fingers crossed. But I wont get my hopes up.

That's more AI than physical Zo. I don't think the details of this lost/blog would apply to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 Matt10 @ 06/12/16 09:21 PM
This has me very excited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 4 Joonlarjj @ 06/13/16 02:41 AM
a big problem with 16 is how defenders can steamroll through attackers easily. hopefully this news means attackers are given more onus on the ball

# 5 Joonlarjj @ 06/13/16 10:09 AM
Quote:
The Guardian excerpt

Now physical controls are all on the left trigger replacing the discreet shielding and jostling mechanics from previous titles. Also, there’s a new shielded dribbling system, which gives you 360-degrees of movement while shielding the ball. Shoulder-to-shoulder tackles, step ins and seal outs are all on that trigger too, and they’re contextual, so whether you have the ball or are trying to get it, the system knows and responds correctly.

That useful left trigger also allows players to control and bring down contested long distance balls rather than automatically heading. “Up until now, if the ball was in the air, as long as one player pressed header, both had to go in and head it, you weren’t able to bring the ball down to your feet. It brings a whole new element to our in-air play. If you have a big string player upfront, you can take advantage of that and try to bring the ball down to start the attack from there.”
Streamlining of physicality with L2 button sounds good.

And finally we can win an air ball contest by taking the ball down instead of heading it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.