Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video featuring franchise mode improvements and post your thoughts!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 BreakingBad2013 @ 06/12/16 04:55 PM
LIVE TICKER IS IN!!!!!

# 2 bfett81 @ 06/12/16 05:00 PM
The whole team earning XP in practice and game prep is awesome. So is the option to return early from injury with lowered ratings. Coach decisions look cool.

# 3 bluestreak10 @ 06/12/16 05:31 PM
lets hope simulated stats are fixed so I can play a whole 15 minute game on my player mode..

# 4 c4geron @ 06/12/16 05:48 PM
Yeah, no custom draft classes, no purchase. All attempts of improvements that the team declares "helps the realism" are thrown out the window when the top rookie after ONE season in CFM is Khalil D'Washington, 6'1 White QB from DeVry University.

# 5 MajorSupreme @ 06/12/16 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4geron
Yeah, no custom draft classes, no purchase. All attempts of improvements that the team declares "helps the realism" are thrown out the window when the top rookie after ONE season in CFM is Khalil D'Washington, 6'1 White QB from DeVry University.
But you can edit him fully. So his name is Darren Washington, 6'1 white QB from NC State, only a 72 ovr.

# 6 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4geron
You are now able to edit the rookies names, appearance, and ratings after they get drafted.

# 7 c4geron @ 06/12/16 05:57 PM
Just saw that shortly after I posted, certainly not ideal but the fact there is a workaround is a huge win for the community. My subscribers on my YouTube channel we're probably waiting for me to torch the earth with a rant video about them screwing the pooch with the draft classes, but this is very acceptable.

Tedious, but acceptable.

Now I wont lose interest after one season in CFM, now if they can have it running smoothly from the start and we wont have to do the 32 team setup to get an 'ok' version of CFM, I'll be very happy.

# 8 jethrotull @ 06/12/16 07:41 PM
We can't edit the classes? Why are we getting so pumped up for options that were available to us on PS3 and XBOX 360?

# 9 NYG 98 @ 06/12/16 09:06 PM
Sounds a bit closer to NFL 2k5's game prep and player development, which I preferred just because it was more abstract, less micromanagement. I liked old Madden's player progression being tied to coach's ratings and season stats, for the same reasons.

# 10 OriolesFanRD @ 06/13/16 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
We can't edit the classes? Why are we getting so pumped up for options that were available to us on PS3 and XBOX 360?
Haha, I always wanted to know this myself. It is amazing how much stuff we've loss over the years that you could do on PS2, 360 and PS3. Blows my mind.

# 11 Sheba2011 @ 06/14/16 09:34 AM
Overall I like the new direction but one thing I haven't seen talked about is coaching staffs and it seems we are still stuck with XP.

# 12 evancitywalker @ 06/14/16 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
You're right, they never should have been taken out, but after such a long hiatus and having passion for football gaming, it's great to be back. Especially the live game ticker and CPU vs. CPU in franchise mode.

# 13 evancitywalker @ 06/14/16 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Overall I like the new direction but one thing I haven't seen talked about is coaching staffs and it seems we are still stuck with XP.
I never cared for XP, but with full player editing, you can have any player the way you want it. So there's always that.

# 14 huskerfan4life @ 06/14/16 09:50 AM
I love all of the new options now I can't wait for 8/23/16

# 15 DrDoctor @ 06/14/16 02:37 PM
I really hope they fix the bugs that exist in Madden 16 draft class generating...

-No 6'3" or 6'5" WR's at all
-No HB's over 92SPD
-No 6'4 WR's over 86ACC
-No DB's over 6'2"
-Etc.

# 16 Ueauvan @ 06/14/16 03:25 PM
i want to be able to cycle a rookie thru positions like ncaa and not have to edit go back edit go back etc.

# 17 BayRaider510 @ 06/14/16 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
I really hope they fix the bugs that exist in Madden 16 draft class generating...

-No 6'3" or 6'5" WR's at all
-No HB's over 92SPD
-No 6'4 WR's over 86ACC
-No DB's over 6'2"
-Etc.
Well now you can edit to your liking. I agree you shouldn't have to do it but it's a step in the right direction.

# 18 Mattanite @ 06/14/16 04:43 PM
I like the fact in the injury Big Decisions, if you go with the backup you and the player both get an XP bonus... so if its a tight QB battle for instance, an injury followed by great backup play could mean the backup QB takes over or becomes trade bait!! Think Smith vs Kaepernick with the 49ers when Smith got injured and next season traded to the Chiefs.

# 19 Jershy88 @ 06/14/16 04:53 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if this Mike & Mike video was a teaser for radio commentary during CFM...

# 20 CM Hooe @ 06/14/16 05:05 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned in the video (can't watch it where I am) but one other Franchise / customization improvement to the game is that there are hundreds of new created player and created coach heads to choose from.

Created coaches also have more and more varied clothing options. In addition, the portraits for generated rookies (generally, not sure if 100%) match the chosen head, and they all have white collars now (one of my biggest pet peeves with the past few Madden games, and no I'm not kidding when I say that).

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.