Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA announced today in a new post on the Madden NFL blog that they have implemented several popular community requests into franchise mode. Let's take a look at them:

• Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games.
  • Full Player Editing: As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players. You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players.
  • Practice Squad: Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week. It all starts in week 4 of the preseason. Instead of cutting players, you can now easily move eligible players to the Practice Squad where they will develop as you train the various position groups during weekly training.
  • Dynamic Development Trait: Each player’s development trait is the biggest defining factor in how he develops. Players with a Superstar trait will stay in the league longer and develop into the top tier talent, while players with the Slow trait will not make it in the league long.
  • Regression Feedback: As a coach or owner, you need to have a pulse on your team’s development and you need to know exactly when your team regresses and now you will in Madden NFL 17.
  • Player Card Improvements: The Player Card has been bolstered with three key improvements. The first is a way to quickly see all the attributes for a specific player and how they rank in the league based on overall rating. The second is a view so you can see the progression history for the player. This lets you see where all the XP came from and when ratings have been impacted whether through progression or regression. Last but not least, the player card is now accessible from more areas so you will always be just a step or two from seeing the information you want.

What do you think of these add-ons? Time for rejoicing for several right?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
I wonder if team roster export made it in. This allow you to scrimmage with your CFM team outside the online franchise mode.
Really hope so, used to love doing a fantasy draft with someone and then exporting the teams and playing them whenever we wanted.

# 42 alifeincomplete @ 06/12/16 06:32 PM
This was the information I was waiting for. Thank you, EA - preordered on Amazon a minute ago. A big Bart Scott "Can't wait!"

# 43 Da-Man @ 06/12/16 06:33 PM
Still no weekly wrap up show?

# 44 CM Hooe @ 06/12/16 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Practice Squads seem superfluous unless you get a prompt when another team tries to "steal" a player and sign them to their 53...you should get a chance to offer them an equal or better contract, so you can make a cut and activate them to the 53 yourself, as most players prefer to stay with the team who gave them a shot and whose playbook they've been learning in real life anyways.

If that doesn't happen, then not many people are going to risk extremely athletic, freakish, or potentially high-ceiling young players on their Practice Squad, they'll make room for them on the 53. And then the Practice Squad will be ignored almost completely.

Teams in real life do not get an opportunity to match a practice squad player signing an offer sheet to join the active roster of a new team, AFAIK. A player may reject an offer to join an active roster, but the original team has no say in the matter. What you are asking for, if my understanding is correct, isn't "sim".

As to how users handle their practice squads, that's part of the risk. If I am playing as the Seahawks, Earl Thomas gets injured, and I kept the rangy athlete at FS2 who is nowhere near ready to play on my 53 (very low AWR / PRC / PUR ratings) rather than a less athletic but more mentally capable backup, that's my fault in managing my roster to not overcome that circumstance properly, is it not?

# 45 StayPlation82 @ 06/12/16 07:01 PM
"Just like in the real-world, your Practice Squad players are free agents and can be poached by other teams for their active roster."

From the blog

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

# 46 reyes the roof @ 06/12/16 07:14 PM
I haven't played in a few years, is injured reserve working properly? If I lose a guy for the year and place him on IR, will it free up a roster spot so I can promote someone from the practice squad or is IR still not freeing up a roster spot?

# 47 asu666 @ 06/12/16 07:14 PM
"Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games."

Finally carried over from NCAA 14. Thank you EA. Now get to work on in-game score cut-ins and a decent halftime show.

# 48 reyes the roof @ 06/12/16 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Teams in real life do not get an opportunity to match a practice squad player signing an offer sheet to join the active roster of a new team, AFAIK. A player may reject an offer to join an active roster, but the original team has no say in the matter. What you are asking for, if my understanding is correct, isn't "sim".

As to how users handle their practice squads, that's part of the risk. If I am playing as the Seahawks, Earl Thomas gets injured, and I kept the rangy athlete at FS2 who is nowhere near ready to play on my 53 (very low AWR / PRC / PUR ratings) rather than a less athletic but more mentally capable backup, that's my fault in managing my roster to not overcome that circumstance properly, is it not?
You don't get the opportunity to officially match an offer if another team tries to steal one of your guys, but I would think the player's agent would at least give his team a heads up to see if they have any interest in trying to keep him

# 49 The Senator @ 06/12/16 07:20 PM
FULL PLAYER EDIT!!

I was already 90% in just based off of all the gameplay additions. Now you guys get new commentators, put in freakin' practice squads and give me full roster edit, including salary and stats during the season? Change that 90% to 100%.

# 50 goillini03 @ 06/12/16 07:21 PM
I think it is great that we have full customization with the rookies this year, but I am not sure that it does much for me if I cannot do it prior to the draft. It will not draw me into the experience whatsoever, so it is a big miss IMO. I hate the idea of taking John Doe at a 72 and turning him into a real prospect at an 82. Seems cheap for some reason.

What that being said, I am glad that they listened.

# 51 Unlucky 13 @ 06/12/16 07:27 PM
The way that they phrased it has me a little worried:

Quote:
As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players.
This makes it sound like an online feature. Can anyone confirm that its there for single player offline franchise? Beyond that, I'm excited for all of the additions. A lot of great stuff. Crossing my fingers its in there for everyone.

# 52 KOTC Wayne @ 06/12/16 07:27 PM
Anyone hear anything on them unrealisticlly dropping players attributes majorly at the age of 30 and beyond. For example a player speed could be 93 and once he turn 30 or 31 his speeds drops to 86 or something along those lines. It kills Free Agency with 95 overall players you cant use simply b/c of being butchered in speed at age of 30.

# 53 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13

This makes it sound like an online feature. Can anyone confirm that its there for single player offline franchise? Beyond that, I'm excited for all of the additions. A lot of great stuff. Crossing my fingers its in there for everyone.
That would be a bummer. Hopefully it's for online and offline CFM's

# 54 kse79x @ 06/12/16 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That wouldn't make sense. I dont foresee many legit leagues using the feature except to may change names. It will not be a thing for leagues to allow beefing up players. Which is kind of why Im not sure why this was so high on the list. Draft boards seems much more useful. Exhibition games seems more useful.

# 55 jethrotull @ 06/12/16 07:39 PM
Now can we edit the draft classes? That really was what killed the series for me, among the other things. This is a good start but I want to know if we can edit names, height, weight, etc and draft classes, so my question is can we edit them before we scout in CFM?

# 56 MajorSupreme @ 06/12/16 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13

When you create a league, regardless of offline or online, the creator is the "Commissioner".

# 57 NeuroDuck @ 06/12/16 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Now can we edit the draft classes? That really was what killed the series for me, among the other things. This is a good start but I want to know if we can edit names, height, weight, etc and draft classes, so my question is can we edit them before we scout in CFM?
I believe they said you can edit them post draft.. i.e. names, height college, etc.. but you can't edit them prior to the draft.

# 58 howboutdat @ 06/12/16 07:47 PM
I frigging give up.Even the title of this thread . Somehow i knew this would be disappointing. Prob why they waited so long to let us know about it.Thanks for nothing EA.

Ticker- its cool , but honestly , to me its one of those things that we dont NEED right now,its a cool extra, but WTF, still no damn draft board.But a ticker.....which really doesnt benefit us much.

Full player editing- i guess this is their way to "fix" regression issues.Just give me , as a commish of an online league even more f'in work to do, as i dont have enough to deal with already with all the holes in madden.Thanks EA.

Practice Squad- Ok alot of people wanted it, ill scratch that in as ok, eventhough i could care less about it.Why you say? Because you only get to progress 3 players per week. I dont even get to progress my teams current back ups enough to do much good , let alone worry about trying to improve someone i just didnt want to cut , so he barley made my dang practice squad. I wont ever have enough time or points or whatever to spend on improving 3rd-4th stringers.

Dynamic Development Trait- Dont sound all that dif than before, other than star dev guys last longer in league.... Whooptie Flip.Same bullcrap, just a new spicy name.Very minor addition if you can even call it that

Regression Feedback- WTF is this? I already knew when my guys regressed. The issue is we wanted regression to be fixed and more realistic.... but hey just put that on us since you can't do it yourself correctly EA.

Player Card Improvement- wow, color me not impressed by this one.

And this year it was a focus huh? really? well i have no hope left for franchise now. Bland and vanilla additions. Thanks ea.This is so dang disappointing right now.

Big Moments---- not interested

Key moments- I only play in online league... wont ever touch this.

#LETDOWNCITY #WHYAMISURPRISED

# 59 Godgers12 @ 06/12/16 07:47 PM
So, can we sign players off other teams practice squads?

# 60 rkocjay @ 06/12/16 07:48 PM
great interview here by Brian "Franchise play" Mazique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N8d38iep-Y

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.