Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA announced today in a new post on the Madden NFL blog that they have implemented several popular community requests into franchise mode. Let's take a look at them:

• Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games.
  • Full Player Editing: As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players. You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players.
  • Practice Squad: Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week. It all starts in week 4 of the preseason. Instead of cutting players, you can now easily move eligible players to the Practice Squad where they will develop as you train the various position groups during weekly training.
  • Dynamic Development Trait: Each player’s development trait is the biggest defining factor in how he develops. Players with a Superstar trait will stay in the league longer and develop into the top tier talent, while players with the Slow trait will not make it in the league long.
  • Regression Feedback: As a coach or owner, you need to have a pulse on your team’s development and you need to know exactly when your team regresses and now you will in Madden NFL 17.
  • Player Card Improvements: The Player Card has been bolstered with three key improvements. The first is a way to quickly see all the attributes for a specific player and how they rank in the league based on overall rating. The second is a view so you can see the progression history for the player. This lets you see where all the XP came from and when ratings have been impacted whether through progression or regression. Last but not least, the player card is now accessible from more areas so you will always be just a step or two from seeing the information you want.

What do you think of these add-ons? Time for rejoicing for several right?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Datninja619 @ 06/12/16 07:50 PM
No more almost identical dread head WRs? 😂😂😂

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

# 62 Godgers12 @ 06/12/16 07:51 PM
Also, nothing about injuries.

# 63 kse79x @ 06/12/16 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I frigging give up.Even the title of this thread . Somehow i knew this would be disappointing. Prob why they waited so long to let us know about it.Thanks for nothing EA.

Ticker- its cool , but honestly , to me its one of those things that we dont NEED right now,its a cool extra, but WTF, still no damn draft board.But a ticker.....which really doesnt benefit us much.

Full player editing- i guess this is their way to "fix" regression issues.Just give me , as a commish of an online league even more f'in work to do, as i dont have enough to deal with already with all the holes in madden.Thanks EA.

Practice Squad- Ok alot of people wanted it, ill scratch that in as ok, eventhough i could care less about it.Why you say? Because you only get to progress 3 players per week. I dont even get to progress my teams current back ups enough to do much good , let alone worry about trying to improve someone i just didnt want to cut , so he barley made my dang practice squad. I wont ever have enough time or points or whatever to spend on improving 3rd-4th stringers.

Dynamic Development Trait- Dont sound all that dif than before, other than star dev guys last longer in league.... Whooptie Flip.Same bullcrap, just a new spicy name.Very minor addition if you can even call it that

Regression Feedback- WTF is this? I already knew when my guys regressed. The issue is we wanted regression to be fixed and more realistic.... but hey just put that on us since you can't do it yourself correctly EA.

Player Card Improvement- wow, color me not impressed by this one.

And this year it was a focus huh? really? well i have no hope left for franchise now. Bland and vanilla additions. Thanks ea.This is so dang disappointing right now.

Big Moments---- not interested

Key moments- I only play in online league... wont ever touch this.

#LETDOWNCITY #WHYAMISURPRISED

Im with you. We may be the minority though. Having seen some of EA devs reaching out and communicating with online leagues, I have to say I am shocked there isn't a lot more. Especially geared towards online leagues.

No draft board still. Major let down.

No exhibition games announced yet. How hard can it be to add that?

No extra tools for Commishes to undo games/roster dumps.

No draft/scouting tweaks that we know of yet.

If these wouldve been addressed, I wouldve been ecstatic.

# 64 michaelhawj @ 06/12/16 07:53 PM
Quote:
I frigging give up.Even the title of this thread . Somehow i knew this would be disappointing. Prob why they waited so long to let us know about it.Thanks for nothing EA.

Ticker- its cool , but honestly , to me its one of those things that we dont NEED right now,its a cool extra, but WTF, still no damn draft board.But a ticker.....which really doesnt benefit us much.

Full player editing- i guess this is their way to "fix" regression issues.Just give me , as a commish of an online league even more f'in work to do, as i dont have enough to deal with already with all the holes in madden.Thanks EA.

Practice Squad- Ok alot of people wanted it, ill scratch that in as ok, eventhough i could care less about it.Why you say? Because you only get to progress 3 players per week. I dont even get to progress my teams current back ups enough to do much good , let alone worry about trying to improve someone i just didnt want to cut , so he barley made my dang practice squad. I wont ever have enough time or points or whatever to spend on improving 3rd-4th stringers.

Dynamic Development Trait- Dont sound all that dif than before, other than star dev guys last longer in league.... Whooptie Flip.Same bullcrap, just a new spicy name.Very minor addition if you can even call it that

Regression Feedback- WTF is this? I already knew when my guys regressed. The issue is we wanted regression to be fixed and more realistic.... but hey just put that on us since you can't do it yourself correctly EA.

Player Card Improvement- wow, color me not impressed by this one.

And this year it was a focus huh? really? well i have no hope left for franchise now. Bland and vanilla additions. Thanks ea.This is so dang disappointing right now.

Big Moments---- not interested

Key moments- I only play in online league... wont ever touch this.

#LETDOWNCITY #WHYAMISURPRISED
SMH, you hate almost everything about cfm.. SMH !!!!!!

# 65 NeuroDuck @ 06/12/16 07:56 PM
The negative Nellies are strong in this thread. I'd couldn't be happier with Madden right now. Then again, I really enjoy the current madden.

# 66 Kanobi @ 06/12/16 08:16 PM
Some really good info here. The new commentary team/presentation upgrades and these franchise mode improvements have me intrigued. Have to see more gameplay though because what I've seen so far has done little to inspire a purchase.

# 67 Rocket32 @ 06/12/16 08:26 PM
Really hyped now! I really love the addition of full editing, and practice squad. Not sure why people are disappointed by this. If this is any indication, then the future looks bright for Franchise mode. I'm ready for August 23rd now. Hopefully theirs more franchise news to come.

# 68 poster @ 06/12/16 08:27 PM
The Bears promoted a practice squad QB last year (David Fales) and cut Jimmy Clausen because Baltimore wanted Fales. Baltimore ended up signing Clausen. Not sure what takes place to alert teams, but the Bears knew of the interest.

Not sure how to incorporate that into Madden, but perhaps moving forward they can tie in some type of news story or internal message from the agent saying there is interest. Good start though by adding the practice squad into the game.

# 69 aholbert32 @ 06/12/16 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Also, nothing about injuries.
There is something about injuries in the Big Decision feature.

# 70 howboutdat @ 06/12/16 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearme504
To the guy that complained about everything...I think I saw that the whole team earns Xp now...not just three players

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
No where does it say entire team earns xp each week.At most it says :

"Each gameplan will give XP to two position groups. For example, many passing gameplans benefit your QB and WR groups while many rushing gameplans benefit your HB and OL groups. "

and then goes on to say "To give you more control on how your team develops, you will select three players to focus on each week. These players will get extra XP so they can develop into the players you need for your team"

This year you can focus on 3 players by doing drills or a max of 6 people just letting it "sim" the prep and get xp.

Ive not been able to really improve players that well, due to lack of xp . While im all for not improving entire team in 2 seasons to 90 overall player. I think adding 10 more people to want to try to improve in practice squad will be hard to do when you have 33 other players who dont start , that need improving already...

And sorry im not this mess up as its something grand.They are the ones who touted a new focus on Franchise and delivered this bs. Not my fault im not just gonna eat it up and love it.Gameplay sounds like it got deep improvements, this is just weak in comparison.Especially when Rex , when talking about cfm blogs said " Saving the best for last!"

I already stated thats a bad statement considering how well and how much seems was improved in gameplay alone.Thats a huge order to live up to, and this clearly doesnt.But hey if your pleased with the tiny improvements and more bs for casuals, thats cool.Im not at all happy about it.The only thing i liked i heard was about gameplanning and knowing more info on opponent im playing in cfm, but even that i need more details on. Hope its gives good data on them and not just a few of their fav plays and thats all.

# 71 PVarck31 @ 06/12/16 09:52 PM
Just as a heads up. If you are unhappy about the additions or unhappy they didn't add something you want, that's fine. Express it constructively. And many of you have, and that is great.

But if you insult the developers, like telling them to "STFU" then you will be banned.

If you are that angry about a GAME, then take a step back before you post. Take some deep breath's and then come back and express your frustration constructively.

Thank you.

# 72 Sphinx @ 06/12/16 10:05 PM
Since it doesn't at this point look like there is anything else, I just have to say I am disappointed. I think it's more because of the "renewed" focus on franchise statement that was made. There are some nice things that were added but so many things that were not touched (at least not announced). I'll try it in ea access and then decide from that if I am going to buy it this year.

# 73 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/12/16 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
While I am impressed that they added practice squads and implemented them properly, what I've bolded in your post is exactly right. There is no reason to use the hours of GP to develop a guy on your practice squad. No one who plays in an online league will ever do this so the feature is completely wasted in that environment. If he was a guy who you REALLY wanted, you would have him on your active roster and be playing him to earn the XP much faster. HowAbout is correct. You're not going to use your precious game prep on a practice squad scrub when you can barely use any of it on backups who are on the active roster. It's nice they added it, but it's not going to be useful.

EDIT: What they could have/should have done is allocate GP specifically for practice squad players in addition to your regular GP hours. This would give you more incentive to progress some PS guys. Then you would also have to make some decisions once a guy gets decent enough. You'd have to worry that you progressed this guy and another team comes along and snatches him up.
I wonder if the outlined issue could be a part of a release day patch?

# 74 DeuceDouglas @ 06/12/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroDuck
The negative Nellies are strong in this thread. I'd couldn't be happier with Madden right now. Then again, I really enjoy the current madden.
And I think that's the difference. If you enjoyed CFM before then you're still going to enjoy it this year. But as someone who disliked CFM, I'm pretty disappointed in what was touted as an overhaul.

I need to fully understand the process of Gameplanning to make a full judgement but if I'm understanding it correctly, it seems nearly identical to what game prep was with the difference being a very small attribute boost on certain plays.

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely some good things they added but I'm having a hard time personally finding much from the blogs that actually makes the mode on a whole any deeper or much different than M16. Also part of that disappointment stems from the fact that the gameplay has looked very much improved and seemingly has a great direction in terms of progress and CFM seems continuously stagnated in so many aspects that IMO make a franchise mode great.

# 75 Longhorn33 @ 06/12/16 10:35 PM
Looking forward to it!

# 76 Beelzebot44 @ 06/12/16 10:39 PM
All I want to know is if I still have to choose between 3 low level high school quality uniform choices when I want to relocate. There are only about two cities that can even be used because most of the uniforms look like complete garbage.

# 77 CM Hooe @ 06/12/16 10:50 PM
Quote:
This year you can focus on 3 players by doing drills or a max of 6 people just letting it "sim" the prep and get xp.

Not quite - you choose three players to focus train, then on top of that you get one offensive and defensive drill that grants XP to every player on your roster in two position groups. So if you do a passing drill, every quarterback and wide receiver on your roster will earn XP for that drill, regardless of focus training, active roster, or practice squad.

Hypothetically one could earn XP for half the roster in a given week - a running power concept drill which helps RBs, FBs, and all OL, along with a defensive run stop / gap integrity drill which helps all DLs and LBs. Then three more players at any position get additional focus training XP on top of that.

You definitely can earn XP for more than six players a week in this setup.

# 78 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
While I am impressed that they added practice squads and implemented them properly, what I've bolded in your post is exactly right. There is no reason to use the hours of GP to develop a guy on your practice squad. No one who plays in an online league will ever do this so the feature is completely wasted in that environment. If he was a guy who you REALLY wanted, you would have him on your active roster and be playing him to earn the XP much faster. HowAbout is correct. You're not going to use your precious game prep on a practice squad scrub when you can barely use any of it on backups who are on the active roster. It's nice they added it, but it's not going to be useful.

EDIT: What they could have/should have done is allocate GP specifically for practice squad players in addition to your regular GP hours. This would give you more incentive to progress some PS guys. Then you would also have to make some decisions once a guy gets decent enough. You'd have to worry that you progressed this guy and another team comes along and snatches him up.
This is from the Game Informer article

"There are more drills in skills trainer, and they will earn XP for all players at that position."

"Practice squad players develop through regular week-to-week training and can be chosen for focus training"

"You can choose three players to undergo focus training, which is not drills-based. The three you pick are saved and remembered from week to week. Even if you don't use focus training, players will still earn XP."

# 79 NateDogPack12 @ 06/12/16 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not quite - you choose three players to focus train, then on top of that you get one offensive and defensive drill that grants XP to every player on your roster in two position groups. So if you do a passing drill, every quarterback and wide receiver on your roster will earn XP for that drill, regardless of focus training, active roster, or practice squad.

Hypothetically one could earn XP for half the roster in a given week - a running power concept drill which helps RBs, FBs, and all OL, along with a defensive run stop / gap integrity drill which helps all DLs and LBs. Then three more players at any position get additional focus training XP on top of that.

You definitely can earn XP for more than six players a week in this setup.
Quality post from CM, here. Feel like you articulated the progression system more clearly than either blog today. Well done.

# 80 BigOrangeVol4Life @ 06/12/16 10:57 PM
CPU vs CPU in offline franchise?

It's still the deal breaker for me. I haven't bought this game since Madden 12 for this reason. If MLB The Show and NBA2k can both do it and be great, there's no reason why Madden can't.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.