Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.06 is available now. Some of the patch notes have been revealed.
  • Fixed several soft-locks that could occur during online gameplay that would result in a forfeit.
  • Resolved an occasional hard-lock that would occur during the fielding throwing exercise of the Bowman Scout Day.
  • Adjusted pitcher energy in the bullpen menu to match the pre-game pitcher select screen for easier viewing.
  • Corrected the way team logos were being displayed on matte helmets
  • Minor tuning was Made to Mercy Rule logic.
  • Other various bug fixes.
This post will get updated if more notes become available.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nuckles2k2 @ 06/13/16 06:47 AM

The rest of it says

-- Minor tuning was Made to Mercy Rule logic.

-- Other various bug fixes.

# 2 og236 @ 06/13/16 09:14 AM
Did the Yankees get matte helmets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 docdaddy @ 06/13/16 09:56 AM
How can I send the development team a request for a way to look at my defensive setup while pitching as an RTTS pitcher? It's crazy I can't see where my fielders are playing and should be as easy as making the down on the pad (which does nothing while I'm RTTS pitcher on the mound) link to the view. Prob too late for this version

# 4 Threeebs @ 06/13/16 10:38 AM
Mercy Rule logic? Is there a slo-pitch format I'm not aware of?

# 5 MeowingForVengeance @ 06/13/16 10:50 AM
Just had my first game crash. Thanks?

# 6 FrankieGXIII @ 06/13/16 10:56 AM
When I'm playing an evening game and the sun is going down, the pitcher will throw a pitch and it's still daytime, then after fouling, hitting, or not swinging at all, the camera will go back to the batting screen and boom! It's nighttime! Like one second the sun is out, and then all of a sudden the sky is pitch black. This happening to a lot of people? Has it already been discussed? I hope they fixed it. Also hope they made the Dodger helmets where the logo isn't flat.

# 7 Mattuf1 @ 06/13/16 11:28 AM
Still no matte helmets for the Rockies road jerseys. Awesome...

# 8 baseballsim @ 06/13/16 11:32 AM
In DD now only matte helmets, it appears. I prefer the shiny helmets or have a choice, at least.

# 9 Snoopy2quik @ 06/13/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
In DD now only matte helmets, it appears. I prefer the shiny helmets or have a choice, at least.
What? Matte helmets in DD? I cannot wait to get home, I have to see this and alter my home unis so the combo looks nice. You should def have a choice between matte and shine though.

# 10 tnixen @ 06/13/16 11:54 AM
Did they fix the missing team logo from catcher helmets while fielding issue?

Also did they fix the "Light" issue on the pitcher stat menu that you can pull up when clicking up during gameplay?

# 11 tessl @ 06/13/16 12:06 PM
Most if not all manage mode users are seeing too few runs scored. I wonder if this would be included in "various bug fixes" or if it would be worthy of a separate mention - if they decided to fix it.

# 12 KBLover @ 06/13/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Most if not all manage mode users are seeing too few runs scored. I wonder if this would be included in "various bug fixes" or if it would be worthy of a separate mention - if they decided to fix it.

I think it's more likely (for this dev) that it would be mentioned separately as that would probably be some AI or batting-pitching changes/alteration in how the CPU plays a game.

That said, the only way to know is to try it out and see if you see a difference. It wouldn't be the first time a patch "ninja changed" how the game played on the field.

# 13 tessl @ 06/13/16 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I think it's more likely (for this dev) that it would be mentioned separately as that would probably be some AI or batting-pitching changes/alteration in how the CPU plays a game.

That said, the only way to know is to try it out and see if you see a difference. It wouldn't be the first time a patch "ninja changed" how the game played on the field.

Very true, thanks for the reply.

# 14 Godgers12 @ 06/13/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Mercy Rule logic? Is there a slo-pitch format I'm not aware of?
It's for online play, no one enjoys getting blown out, it's really not fun for anyone. I believe it triggers if a team is up by 10+ after the 5th. All though, after that M's/Padres game last week they should rethink it lol. My personal largest comeback online was 11 runs, down 11 after 4. BP was lights out came back tied it in the 9th, won 15-14 in 14 innings.

# 15 bobloblah1980 @ 06/13/16 01:39 PM
Still no custom pitcher camera fix or swing pitch display fix either

# 16 tonybologna @ 06/13/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattuf1
Still no matte helmets for the Rockies road jerseys. Awesome...
I'm not trying to be difficult or sound like a prick but you're seriously worrying about something like that when there has been so much bigger issues with this game than something as of little importance as that?

Again, I'm not trying to sound like I'm being smart but you're complaints are about something so minor in comparison to other problems with the game. Thanks!

# 17 srdclark @ 06/13/16 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I'm not trying to be difficult or sound like a prick but you're seriously worrying about something like that when there has been so much bigger issues with this game than something as of little importance as that?

Again, I'm not trying to sound like I'm being smart but you're complaints are about something so minor in comparison to other problems with the game. Thanks!
Some problems are easier to fix than others. I never want to be the guy that says "X is an easy fix, devs are lazy!" but it's easier to be surprised when a presumably-simple detail goes unfixed (like typos or pitch selections or colour choices) than something that would clearly require coding and/or balance changes (like bunt cheesing or lighting systems).

# 18 crains13 @ 06/13/16 03:27 PM
I just downloaded the patch....since when did every team get matte batting helmets?

Edit: Nevermind. It's just in the edit player screen, not actually during games.

# 19 esham313 @ 06/13/16 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieGXIII
When I'm playing an evening game and the sun is going down, the pitcher will throw a pitch and it's still daytime, then after fouling, hitting, or not swinging at all, the camera will go back to the batting screen and boom! It's nighttime! Like one second the sun is out, and then all of a sudden the sky is pitch black. This happening to a lot of people? Has it already been discussed? I hope they fixed it. Also hope they made the Dodger helmets where the logo isn't flat.
I have only seen this issue on night games where it's overcast sky. I have not seen it with rain, partly cloudy or clear.

# 20 p00p1 @ 06/13/16 03:34 PM
So glad they fixed the ingame stamina bars, no more having to get up and walk to the TV to see who was tired. Can't believe they ever thought that was a good idea.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.