Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.06 is available now. Some of the patch notes have been revealed.
  • Fixed several soft-locks that could occur during online gameplay that would result in a forfeit.
  • Resolved an occasional hard-lock that would occur during the fielding throwing exercise of the Bowman Scout Day.
  • Adjusted pitcher energy in the bullpen menu to match the pre-game pitcher select screen for easier viewing.
  • Corrected the way team logos were being displayed on matte helmets
  • Minor tuning was Made to Mercy Rule logic.
  • Other various bug fixes.
This post will get updated if more notes become available.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 forme95 @ 06/15/16 09:18 PM
> Adjusted pitcher energy in the bullpen menu to match the pre-game pitcher select screen for easier viewing. <

So glad to see this fixed. It was way to hard to see who had how much energy. Best fix in this patch as far as im concerned.

# 62 BlueJays09 @ 06/16/16 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
For some it appears to have been fixed & not for some others. Go back through the thread & read some of the posts. There's a mixture of posts saying different things. I've not tested it myself yet.

Hope it works for me then! This might be a stupid question, but how do you download a new patch. Is it the update file that comes up automatically when you load it up in or is it something you have to download from the community?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 tessl @ 06/16/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Hope it works for me then! This might be a stupid question, but how do you download a new patch. Is it the update file that comes up automatically when you load it up in or is it something you have to download from the community?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as your ps4 is connected to the internet it should automatically download and install the patch.

# 64 tabarnes19_SDS @ 06/16/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I don't know if it's because of the patch but fielding has been pretty sketchy since it came out.

1.) Had my LF go into a slow-mo fielding animation and field a single by bare-handing it between his legs with his back turned to the infield. This also caused the runner to reach second because it was in slo motion. I have never seen this before.

2.) Just had a popup to the pitcher not have a ball marker on the ground so I had to guess where it was going to land, and it landed at his feet. Then 2 straight throwing errors got the runner to 3rd... on a popup to the pitcher.

What is going on???

I have seen the SLOW motion outfielder as well. First few times I thought it was the controller going bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 65 tonybologna @ 06/16/16 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
As long as your ps4 is connected to the internet it should automatically download and install the patch.
^This should auto do it when loading up the game prompting the user to update.

# 66 bigjdotcom01 @ 06/16/16 08:46 PM
I guess that they cannot patch uniforms, but it would be nice to see the new DBacks red and black alternate jerseys. They could replace the road throwbacks that the team never wears.

# 67 mrCPUgeek @ 06/17/16 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
I guess that they cannot patch uniforms, but it would be nice to see the new DBacks red and black alternate jerseys. They could replace the road throwbacks that the team never wears.

I really wish someone could explain to me why they can't patch uniforms. Other games patch graphics and such. What makes the uniforms so special?

# 68 countryboy @ 06/17/16 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I really wish someone could explain to me why they can't patch uniforms. Other games patch graphics and such. What makes the uniforms so special?

Because SCEA is bound by the MLB Style Guide. What is in the guide is what has to go into the game.

Apparently the new jerseys being worn by the D'Backs and some other jerseys are not in the style guide that SCEA must use.

# 69 BlacknBlue @ 06/17/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Because SCEA is bound by the MLB Style Guide. What is in the guide is what has to go into the game.

Apparently the new jerseys being worn by the D'Backs and some other jerseys are not in the style guide that SCEA must use.
That isn't correct.

They have said numerous times that the file sizes of the uniforms are so large that they cannot patch them in most instances. It's the same reason why we are limited in the amount of uniform to choose from within the game.

# 70 countryboy @ 06/17/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
That isn't correct.

They have said numerous times that the file sizes of the uniforms are so large that they cannot patch them in most instances. It's the same reason why we are limited in the amount of uniform to choose from within the game.
ok

10 char

# 71 countryboy @ 06/17/16 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
This is not true and has been proven wrong.
I'll believe what SCEA tells me over what internet hunters claim to have found.

# 72 citybythebay85 @ 06/17/16 06:27 PM
During every stream with SCEA when someone complained about the jerseys they said they have to go by the MLB style guide for each team. It's not their fault the teams don't update them.

# 73 mrCPUgeek @ 06/17/16 11:10 PM
R.B.I. Has red jerseys for the Braves. I don't see why their style guide would be different. I just think it is a company decision to not update uniforms. Which is ok. I just think they are hiding behind this MLB style guide. And as far as slots, to me that really makes no sense.(I am a software developer with over 20 years experience) But whatever they say.

# 74 mrCPUgeek @ 06/18/16 09:17 AM
One additional thing I'd like to say. I don't want to come across as a complainer. The fact that we are complaining about things like uniforms more than core game play says a lot. This game is by far the best baseball game I've played. It is each year. I guess you could say that it is so good they raise our expectations a little higher all the time. To me, that is a great thing.

# 75 countryboy @ 06/18/16 09:36 AM
Quote:
R.B.I. Has red jerseys for the Braves. I don't see why their style guide would be different. I just think it is a company decision to not update uniforms. Which is ok. I just think they are hiding behind this MLB style guide. And as far as slots, to me that really makes no sense.(I am a software developer with over 20 years experience) But whatever they say.

Or it could be the truth about the Style Guide. I mean, I'm not sure what they gain by "hiding behind the MLB Style Guide" and upsetting their customers.

# 76 KBLover @ 06/18/16 11:08 AM
Quote:

Does it go back to the The Show being a "more life-like likeness"? RBI's players don't seem as "realistic" in design. The Show's players are more "realistic". RBI looks like a modern version of Baseball Stars with MLB parks and player names.

I don't know - not trying to "defend" or whatever the catchy word is.

Same for the slots - different games use different engines and some are more limited than others.

# 77 HolyStroke3 @ 06/18/16 11:49 AM
Regarding uniforms, the "slots" really need to be done away with. Every team should have all their current uniforms in the game, not be limited to two alternates

Anyone know why SCEA uses uniform "slots" ? Why do they need to do it differently (and frankly far worse) than 2K does uniform in their NBA game?

# 78 HolyStroke3 @ 06/18/16 11:57 AM
Anyone seeing base running issues more frequently post patch?

Twice yesterday I saw base running issues from the CPU. Once on a ball cut off in the gap a slow runner tried to score from first and was easily thrown out. Then on a line drive single straight to the right fielded the runner on first went to third and was tagged out as he rounded the base to head for home plate.

I know these issues occurred before the patch, but I've only seen it a few times, then saw it twice in 3 or 4 games yesterday

# 79 Ghost Of The Year @ 06/18/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Regarding uniforms, the "slots" really need to be done away with. Every team should have all their current uniforms in the game, not be limited to two alternates

Anyone know why SCEA uses uniform "slots" ? Why do they need to do it differently (and frankly far worse) than 2K does uniform in their NBA game?
How many uni's are in 2k16 versus The Show 16, counting the Show's MILB uni's?
I would think 2k has less uni's to put in considering SDS is doing 90 teams.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

# 80 citybythebay85 @ 06/18/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Anyone seeing base running issues more frequently post patch?

Twice yesterday I saw base running issues from the CPU. Once on a ball cut off in the gap a slow runner tried to score from first and was easily thrown out. Then on a line drive single straight to the right fielded the runner on first went to third and was tagged out as he rounded the base to head for home plate.

I know these issues occurred before the patch, but I've only seen it a few times, then saw it twice in 3 or 4 games yesterday
I have seen that before and after the patch. It's happened several times with me. Especially a CPU runner trying to go from 1st to 3rd on a single and thrown out easily standing up at 3rd, as if they were trying to run home...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.