Home
News Post

During the Xbox E3 2016 briefing, Microsoft announced the Xbox One S, starting at $299.99 for the 500GB version, $349.99 for the 1TB version and $399.99 for the limited quantity 2TB launch edition, all scheduled to arrive in August.

Pre-order here:
Quote:
With a fresh new design and “robot white” color, the Xbox One S is 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One, creating the most compact Xbox yet. It also includes a built-in power supply, and in response to fan requests worldwide, can be placed horizontally or vertically with an optional stand.

Xbox One S is not just slimmer and sleeker. We also worked hard to add some exciting new features for video and gameplay. You’ll now be able to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video, with content from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video. Xbox One S also offers High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for video and gaming, so you can experience richer, more luminous colors in games like Gears of War 4 and Scalebound. With a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, HDR brings out the true visual depth of your games and media.

For increased accessibility, we shifted one of the three USB ports and the pairing button to the front of the Xbox One S alongside the newly added IR blaster. Additionally, in order to make the Xbox One S as compact as possible and make all of these updates, we removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back. Kinect for Xbox One will still be compatible with Xbox One S via the Xbox Kinect Adapter for USB connection and offers the same great experiences as the current console. For fans that currently own a Kinect for Xbox One and plan to purchase the Xbox One S, we are offering a free Xbox Kinect Adapter. Visit xbox.com/XboxOne/KinectAdapter for more details.

The Xbox One S comes with a newly designed Xbox Wireless Controller featuring textured grip for enhanced comfort. We improved the Xbox Wireless signal performance to give you a more reliable wireless connection to the console and up to twice the wireless range when used with Xbox One S. To enable easier wireless connection to your Windows 10 devices, we also added Bluetooth support.* The new thumbstick design significantly reduces wear to help maintain accuracy and smooth rotation over the life of the controller, so you never miss a beat. The new Xbox Wireless Controller is included with all Xbox One S consoles and will be available worldwide for individual purchase for $59.99 USD.

At the end of the Xbox briefing, Microsoft announced Project Scorpio (codename for now), a new console that will play native 4K games and high-fidelity VR. The console will feature a performance speed of six teraflops and arrive sometime in the 2017 holiday season.

What are your plans? Getting the Xbox One S or waiting for Project Scorpio?

Member Comments
# 21 DanH35 @ 06/14/16 11:06 AM
They said the 2TB model is coming in August and the others at a later time. That's why I pre-ordered the 2TB, I really wanted the 500GB since I have an external hard drive, but I didn't want to wait.

# 22 Super Glock @ 06/14/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
They said the 2TB model is coming in August and the others at a later time. That's why I pre-ordered the 2TB, I really wanted the 500GB since I have an external hard drive, but I didn't want to wait.
I'm in the same boat as you. Really ticked of that Microsoft is not making the 500gb available in August.

# 23 BadAssHskr @ 06/14/16 02:26 PM
I pre-ordered today. i figure with madden coming shortly before, and then the S, it'll be a great gaming combo for the season.

# 24 joet6683 @ 06/14/16 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Good looking out. I pre-ordered the 500gb since I have a 5tb and 2tb external. Added a pre-order for a 2tb. To keep both or only one, hmm....

# 25 tgiordano @ 06/14/16 03:15 PM
Do u think the 500g will come outa week or two later than the 2tb one

# 26 joet6683 @ 06/14/16 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiordano
Do u think the 500g will come outa week or two later than the 2tb one
For some reason I'm imagining a month or two, not weeks.

# 27 tgiordano @ 06/14/16 05:59 PM
I'm sure they will have a madden bundle with the s maybe 1t and madden for 349.00?
I think they will definetly have an ea access and madden package

# 28 YungGun @ 06/16/16 01:17 AM
Gotta get a slim sometime soon. That year long wait it's a long time lol

# 29 JBH3 @ 06/16/16 09:15 AM
I think I will be replacing my launch day xb1 with a 1 s. The disc reader has gone to **** and I could use the space save on my entertainment center. The man cave will await the arrival of project Scorpio.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

# 30 Pete1210 @ 06/16/16 03:05 PM
If the S had DVR I'd buy a second box. Instead I'll wait for Scorpio. I hope they can improve load times, with some of these games now load times are way too long.

# 31 Pete1210 @ 06/16/16 09:06 PM
Any chance Scorpio has SSHD?

# 32 mestevo @ 06/16/16 11:05 PM
Good question, SSD pricing is plummeting, but are they rated to last several years w/out failure?

I'd settle for easily replaceable like the PS3/4 with good external support but be able to full take advantage of an SSD unlike the current console.

Stock Scorpio going w/ the less expensive option, but make it easily upgradable for the enthusiasts.

# 33 DickDalewood @ 06/18/16 12:25 PM
If you don't feel like waiting for the S this is a Hell of a deal...

Xbox One 1TB Elite Console Bundle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014PZTAME...=operasport-20

# 34 WTF @ 06/19/16 09:26 AM
If the 1tb and 500gb don't come out til later MS will have lost me. I was going to pick up the 500gb, at most 1 tb. But if it's a month or two after the 500gb, I'll just wait to see when Neo is going to release. Ignorant money grab scheme.

# 35 ckarlic @ 06/19/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If the 1tb and 500gb don't come out til later MS will have lost me. I was going to pick up the 500gb, at most 1 tb. But if it's a month or two after the 500gb, I'll just wait to see when Neo is going to release. Ignorant money grab scheme.
Kind of feel the same way as you. With Scorpio coming out and microsoft exclusives being available on Windows 10/PC I can't see myself using my XB1 in the near future. Going to skip the slim and wait on the Neo and Scorpio instead. As a result I decided to work on my PC and upgrade to the following:

Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz 1151 Boxed Processor (Had a AMD BOX AMD FX-8320E BLACK ED before)
GA-H170-Gaming 3 LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard
16GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 Desktop Memory Module
500 GB SSD drive

Currently have a GTX960 SC 2GB video card in there and I have plans on updating to a GTX1070 when the hype dies down a bit. Since I don't have a 1440p monitor at the moment (Currently have a 1080p monitor) with the upgrades I did yesterday my PC is able to handle the games I play on High settings and 1080p 60FPS .

# 36 WTF @ 06/19/16 03:21 PM
I have the 1tb pre-ordered, I thought they all came out at the same time. I won't pay the additional $50 for the 2tb, as I'll never use it as little as I game anymore. For them to delay the cheaper consoles so they can make an extra $50 though, I can't get behind. I don't appreciate those tactics. Sucks too, I was looking forward to having an x1.

# 37 WTF @ 06/19/16 09:01 PM
Trying to tell me that I don't want one? Lol. I've wanted to pick up an x1 for the past several months. Then it leaked there would be a slim revision. So I waited. Pre-ordered the second they came up for preorder. Then to find out they're not releasing at the same time, so MS can try to screw customers out of an extra 50 or 100 bucks.

I've got a 4k TV. I wanted one. But after this ignorance, I'll probably wait for Neo and Scorpio.

I'd have bought one, then probably still have bought the Scorpio to replace it in a year.

# 38 mestevo @ 06/19/16 09:12 PM
In that time you'd have gotten 40+ Games with Gold titles, but if $50 is the breaking point to each his own.

# 39 joet6683 @ 06/20/16 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Trying to tell me that I don't want one? Lol. I've wanted to pick up an x1 for the past several months. Then it leaked there would be a slim revision. So I waited. Pre-ordered the second they came up for preorder. Then to find out they're not releasing at the same time, so MS can try to screw customers out of an extra 50 or 100 bucks.

I've got a 4k TV. I wanted one. But after this ignorance, I'll probably wait for Neo and Scorpio.

I'd have bought one, then probably still have bought the Scorpio to replace it in a year.
The scorpio is still like 15 months or so after the 2tb s is released, so even if the 500gb s is a month later, it is still about 14 months until the scorpio. He kinda has a point if that one month is enough to make you wait over a year...don't want claim what you want or don't, but it doesn't appear like there is a whole lot of desire to get it.

Their plan on these releases got my money...I currently have 3 ones in the house. My original is in the family room (with a 5tb external), my gf's is either in the basement living area or the 4 seasons room living area, then last year I got a 2nd one to go in my gaming room/office (with a 2tb external.)

I pre-ordered the 500gb to go in the family room with the 4k tv, but once i found out it was coming later i also pre-ordered the 2tb. The 2tb will replace the gaming room one (as that is my travel one as well, fits easier into my gaems vanguard, wont need to bring the external along with it...and will come just in time so I can bring it with to PAX West!) and then the 500gb will go in the family room. Probably will sell one of them, the other will likely go into the bedroom as the gf wants a more convenient way to switch between tv/hulu/netflix, etc.

I'm a sucker for new tech :/

# 40 mestevo @ 06/21/16 08:03 PM
HDR10 compatible sets is what anyone should be aiming for if they want to use the Slim's capabilities with it. Sony and Samsung sets will likely all use this standard, with others (LG, Vizio) opting to go w/ Dolby Vision which requires extra hardware in both the TV and player.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/119...dr-color-hdr10

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.