Home
News Post

During the Xbox E3 2016 briefing, Microsoft announced the Xbox One S, starting at $299.99 for the 500GB version, $349.99 for the 1TB version and $399.99 for the limited quantity 2TB launch edition, all scheduled to arrive in August.

Pre-order here:
Quote:
With a fresh new design and “robot white” color, the Xbox One S is 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One, creating the most compact Xbox yet. It also includes a built-in power supply, and in response to fan requests worldwide, can be placed horizontally or vertically with an optional stand.

Xbox One S is not just slimmer and sleeker. We also worked hard to add some exciting new features for video and gameplay. You’ll now be able to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video, with content from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video. Xbox One S also offers High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for video and gaming, so you can experience richer, more luminous colors in games like Gears of War 4 and Scalebound. With a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, HDR brings out the true visual depth of your games and media.

For increased accessibility, we shifted one of the three USB ports and the pairing button to the front of the Xbox One S alongside the newly added IR blaster. Additionally, in order to make the Xbox One S as compact as possible and make all of these updates, we removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back. Kinect for Xbox One will still be compatible with Xbox One S via the Xbox Kinect Adapter for USB connection and offers the same great experiences as the current console. For fans that currently own a Kinect for Xbox One and plan to purchase the Xbox One S, we are offering a free Xbox Kinect Adapter. Visit xbox.com/XboxOne/KinectAdapter for more details.

The Xbox One S comes with a newly designed Xbox Wireless Controller featuring textured grip for enhanced comfort. We improved the Xbox Wireless signal performance to give you a more reliable wireless connection to the console and up to twice the wireless range when used with Xbox One S. To enable easier wireless connection to your Windows 10 devices, we also added Bluetooth support.* The new thumbstick design significantly reduces wear to help maintain accuracy and smooth rotation over the life of the controller, so you never miss a beat. The new Xbox Wireless Controller is included with all Xbox One S consoles and will be available worldwide for individual purchase for $59.99 USD.

At the end of the Xbox briefing, Microsoft announced Project Scorpio (codename for now), a new console that will play native 4K games and high-fidelity VR. The console will feature a performance speed of six teraflops and arrive sometime in the 2017 holiday season.

What are your plans? Getting the Xbox One S or waiting for Project Scorpio?

Member Comments
# 141 mgoblue @ 08/12/16 09:59 PM
Thanks...Plus if I had money it'd go to a new tv lol...priorities change...someday we'll pay off her student loans lol

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

# 142 DickDalewood @ 08/13/16 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
I just wish I could pick one and not flip flop. I have both and love things about both systems but I hate constantly going back and forth in my head and with games each year.

It's probably just a mental thing but for me, it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I struggle with the same thing. I basically have to set hard rules for myself and stick to them no matter what or I'll spiral into a pit of despair and indicision

Basically, for me, Xbox One = MS exclusives, PS4 = Everything else.

If I even start to consider getting say, Madden for Xbox, my mind immediately starts to think about "should I just get all sports games except The Show? What about some FPSers? What about trophies and achievements now? What if I have a friend on PS4 AND Xbox? Or what if I...???" Then the thinking never stops. Lol. I actually own the latest Tomb Raider on Xbox (got it for free) and haven't played it, forcing myself to wait for the PS4 version so I don't overthink it.

Create yourself some house rules and just never deviate. It's the only way my friend. Hell, I even have my wife hold me to them. It also helps that she loves PS4, so that pretty much ends the discussion on what system to get 3rd party single player games on.

# 143 KingTocco @ 08/13/16 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I struggle with the same thing. I basically have to set hard rules for myself and stick to them no matter what or I'll spiral into a pit of despair and indicision

Basically, for me, Xbox One = MS exclusives, PS4 = Everything else.

If I even start to consider getting say, Madden for Xbox, my mind immediately starts to think about "should I just get all sports games except The Show? What about some FPSers? What about trophies and achievements now? What if I have a friend on PS4 AND Xbox? Or what if I...???" Then the thinking never stops. Lol. I actually own the latest Tomb Raider on Xbox (got it for free) and haven't played it, forcing myself to wait for the PS4 version so I don't overthink it.

Create yourself some house rules and just never deviate. It's the only way my friend. Hell, I even have my wife hold me to them. It also helps that she loves PS4, so that pretty much ends the discussion on what system to get 3rd party single player games on.

Thanks for the support and glad to see I'm not the only one here. I thought I was going to be able to go all PS4 this year for all my games but EA Access is too nice and having that plus legends in FUT, the Xbox controller, and all my previous years progress already on the One, it's hard to pass up.

I'll probably go ahead and pick up the One S, lots of places around me still have them. I still have my PS4 for Destiny and other exclusives so it's nice.

I like the idea of trying to go with one ecosystem and not the two since as I get older my time will dwindle, however it's tough. The PS4 Neo sounds awesome but I still don't have a 4K TV or HDR and I game on a monitor anyway, might have to get a new one. I mainly play sports games with a few RPG/FPS sprinkled in here and there and for me I don't think the extreme extra performance of the Neo will be super visible at least within the next year and some change before the Scorpio comes out.

This is how I've rationalized it to myself. I love both and I love what Microsoft is doing with going more unified in their gaming, I just hope they stick around with a console in the future. PC might be the best overall in terms of performance, but I still love consoles.

# 144 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/13/16 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
I understand that some of you have a wife and kids and that your time is limited but one thing I don't like is that you guys make it seem like you're REQUIRED to have to play both consoles or spread out the games so it's even in order to justify keeping both consoles.

I don't understand that. Nothing wrong with having both consoles and thus the option to play games on whichever console you choose to. Having both consoles and the option of playing games on either is worth keeping the consoles.

Hell, my Xbox One is in the box in my closet because I only use it for exclusives but knowing that when an exclusive comes out that I want to play, it feels great knowing all I have to do is take it out of the box and connect it to my TV.

Expense wise, multi-platform games will cost you the same either way. It simply comes down to the exclusives and even then, I doubt that anyone is going to buy more than two a year, if that. Playing online also comes into play regarding expenses. $5 a month isn't bad at all for Gold/Plus but if you don't play online or only play online on one of the two majority of the time, then eliminate one of the subscriptions to save that $5 a month.

Just because you own more than one console doesn't mean that they have to be 50/50. I use PS4 for exclusives, multi-platform, psn and indie games. That's like 95% of my gaming time on PS4 and even though I only spend 5% of my gaming time on Xbox One, it's still worth keeping because when I do want to play a game on it, I know I can do so.

I only play 5% of games on Xbox One doesn't mean that it's not worth keeping and having. At least until the next generation, consoles are always worth keeping because there's nothing better than knowing that as a gamer, I have the OPTION and ABILITY to play a game on either console at any time even if that means one console sits in the box in my closet for 95% of the year. That 5% still makes it worth keeping.

In the end though, to each their own.
Your Xbox is in the box?? Man I'm sorry but I don't believe a lot of these books you be writing man.

Seems like you may have no time to game on either console from these novles you be writing here.

Just play YOUR games and try not to worry about how many others can't own both systems.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

# 145 Smallville102001 @ 08/13/16 11:57 PM
Quote:
My Xbox One is in the box in my closet for one reason. Since I only play the Xbox One for exclusives (last being Quantum Break, next being Gears of War 4), it doesn't make any sense for me to leave it out because in time, I'll get the urge to sell it which I don't want to do since I know that eventually, I'll want to buy it again so to ensure that doesn't happen, I keep it in my closet. This way, I won't sell it and it's here for when I do want to play an exclusive on it.

This generation, I have completed 27 games since June 2014. Majority of them were completed 100%. Currently played The Witcher III a second time, finished Hearts of Stone and now playing Blood and Wine. Point being that I put in over 600 hours in this game alone. I probably have completed more games in two years than everyone else here has combined so yeah, I do actually have the time to play and finish games.

I don't worry about what anyone else does. They can play whatever they want. I just don't see how having a secondary console affects anything. After all, no one can play more than one game on one console at any one time. Even if a console has to sit in the box in the closet, how is that costing anyone any extra time or money? But whatever, to each their own.

There is not a single excusive that Microsoft has made since they first started making consoles so I have no reason at all to ever buy a xbox but I do understand where you are coming from when you say a secondary console. I mostly play on ps4 but I also have a wii u and I also go back and play older games from time to time. So wii u is like my secondary console but a lot of it is just the amount of time I have for playing video games. I am 27 still trying to get out on my own and going to school and I am a big big sports fan. So a lot of my free time is catching up on sports games on TV. So because of those things I don't really have time to play video games as much as I would like to. As a result I have to prioritizes what games I am going to play or not play and I still have a lot of backlot of games from even ps3 days. So point being if I had more free time like I did when I was a kid I would most likely play my wii u a lot more then I do.

# 146 KingTocco @ 08/14/16 11:55 AM
Just picked up my Xbox One S from GameStop because I'm insane, it's so beautiful though.

# 147 mestevo @ 08/14/16 12:06 PM
It is really nice, now to get over the guilt of my wife 'somewhat' letting me get the 4k TV I want and actually pull the trigger.

# 148 KingTocco @ 08/14/16 05:30 PM
Really happy with my Xbox One S purchase, it's so sleek and the new controller is really nice. I do have the Lunar White controller and I love it because of the grips, but pieces of the new One S feel slightly more robust to me. The D-Pad is much nicer IMO and it's super quiet, the other ones were kind of loud.

Almost done setting it up and installing a few games, the extra HD space will be awesome as I was constantly full on my old one, my next purchase will probably be a new HDR or 4K gaming monitor (found a few on amazon) and/or the newest pair of Astro A50s coming out.

Microsoft did a really nice job with the S model IMO.

Edit: Don't know much about 4K and HDR so if any of you guys that are more familiar with it find any good 4K/HDR gaming monitors in the future, let me know!

# 149 KingTocco @ 08/14/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
HDR is on tv's only and not in monitors. It might be something in the future but the technology behind it makes it hard to put on a monitor which does not provide the contrast, black levels, of an OLED or LED tv for it to be taken at is fullest potential
Good info, thanks for that!

Also just had a brief scare, installed FIFA and Madden and went to boot up Madden and it just sat there at the load screen, same thing happened with FIFA.

Installed the free Ben Hurr game because it takes a minute or two and that worked fine so I did a quick factory reset and kept all my games and apps.

Everything works fine now, must have just been a hiccup.

# 150 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/14/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Just picked up my Xbox One S from GameStop because I'm insane, it's so beautiful though.

I'm waiting for the Madden bundle 😁

# 151 KingTocco @ 08/15/16 03:11 PM
Quote:
Traded in the base Xbox One for $150 and put it towards the 500GB Halo Slim bundle that comes out next week so after picking up Deus Ex at Best Buy, I'll stop over at GameStop and pick up the slim.

Guy at GameStop didn't even test out the console which I was surprised at but he was on a conference call at the same time. Not that there should be any problems since the console was easily in mint condition. Only thing is that I forgot to delete my gamer tag so hopefully, I don't lose it but if I do, no biggie. Other than my gamer tag, I have no other information on the console so im not worried about anything else and worse case scenario, I create a new gamer tag.

Either way, looking forward to picking up the slim.

Why would you lose your gamertag? All of that stuff carries over as well as any saves you had in your games since it's saved on the cloud.

GameStop also does a full system reset/wipe before reselling or sending off anywhere.

# 152 mgoblue @ 08/15/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Why would you lose your gamertag? All of that stuff carries over as well as any saves you had in your games since it's saved on the cloud.

GameStop also does a full system reset/wipe before reselling or sending off anywhere.

I think he meant if somehow someone stole it before it got wiped or something.

# 153 KingTocco @ 08/15/16 05:09 PM
Quote:
Blue got it.

I know that GameStop does the whole reset thing for consoles but just in case, someone wanted to be a jerk and try using it. Thankfully, aside from my gamer tag, there's nothing else on it so im not worried. And even if I somehow someway lose the gamer tag, it's not a big deal since nothing is tied to it.

Ah I gotcha, my bad. It's cool when I traded mine in yesterday I didn't delete anything and I still have my gamertag so you should be good.

# 154 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/15/16 05:56 PM
I'm sure its fake or a mistake, but get them while there hot. I didn't bother cause i know its most likely a mistake. They guy selling is going to have a a lot of negatives or a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322228878127

# 155 KingTocco @ 08/15/16 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I'm sure its fake or a mistake, but get them while there hot. I didn't bother cause i know its most likely a mistake. They guy selling is going to have a a lot of negatives or a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322228878127

Lmao I wouldn't touch that with 39 1/2 foot pole...and no returns either.

He's probably selling a picture of those items, you'll get your Xbox S 2TB in a legal sized envelope.

# 156 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/15/16 07:43 PM
Quote:
Lmao I wouldn't touch that with 39 1/2 foot pole...and no returns either.

He's probably selling a picture of those items, you'll get your Xbox S 2TB in a legal sized envelope.

Lmao it was removed

# 157 mestevo @ 08/15/16 09:57 PM
8/23

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 158 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/15/16 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I am just so damm impressed with the Slim XBOX ONE...The upscaler on the XB is so much better then my JS9500 4K beast.

in HDR mode the colors just pop and 1080p games look the best of all upscale versions on the XBS

I cannot wait until Thursday for Madden 17 and then 2K
Dang the upscaled is better than the 9500? I can't wait to get a 4K console

# 159 Artman22 @ 08/15/16 11:24 PM
I'll be testing the upscaler on the slim on the 23rd. Don't know which version to get since I might get madden on the ps4 this year. Might just get the 500gb version.

# 160 mgoblue @ 08/16/16 01:13 PM
Quote:
It's all good King. Not expecting GameStop to do anything with it so I should be good.
I was fine leaving my GT on the ones I traded in last year (with sketchy drives that would only play installed games)....They tested it with the game I traded in and it worked....Got kinda lucky lol

Fingers crossed my current boxes have been great.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.