Home
PES 2017 News Post

Check out the new PES 2017 teaser trailer, along with some of the features in the game below and post your thoughts!
  • Real Touch
    See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.
  • Precise Pass
    Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.
  • Goal Keeping
    Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.
  • Advanced Instructions
    Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and Tight Marking which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in Advanced Instructions, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.
  • Total Team Control
    Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.
  • Corner Kick Strategies
    Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or Man to Man. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement.
  • Adaptive AI
    For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behaviour has always been a staple of the PES series, and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
  • Authentic Visuals
    For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.
  • Natural Player Movement
    Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn't stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.
The PES Twitter account has also given a few additional details.
  • Master League, myClub, Versus Match Analysis, EDIT DATA SHARING on PS4 and more!
  • An auction house for scouts gives you more choice in the players you can sign in
  • Versus Match Analysis! Track match statistics/records when playing friends offline.
  • Master League! Dedicated budgets for transfers + wages. 6 month loans. Time element added to deadline day.
  • Staying with Master League. More team roles, including 'Hero' and 'Bad Boy'.
  • Huge news for our awesome community, Edit Data Sharing on PS4. Created team/players can be transferred onto consoles via USB.
  • Edit Data Sharing on PS4 will be multi-regional too, allowing PES fans around the world to share their edit data.
Read the full press release below.

E3 – The Electronic Entertainment Expo – is the world’s largest gathering of interactive entertainment and takes place at the Los Angeles Convention Center between June 14-16. With the popular football simulation series riding a critical high with two consecutive gamescom ‘Best Sports Game’ accolades, PES 2017 sees KONAMI building on the strong on-field performance of its predecessors with a detailed focus on control and the addition of key gameplay enhancements designed to offer an unprecedented level of control.

PES 2017 is founded around the‘Control Reality’ ethos, elevating the award-winning gameplay to a new level viaincredible new control elements and a new standard of visual realism, without sacrificing what made PES successful in the first place –playing a match with your friends. The industry-leading Fox Engine once again powers the series to reach new heights, with KONAMI looking to its focus on first touch, the making and receiving of passes, and AI that adapts to counter the way users play to elevate the game’s acclaimed realism.

Previous PES releases have seen KONAMI’s revolutionary Team ID and Player ID help PES mimic the way real players and teams move and play. PES 2017 adds new layers to these foundations with the advent of its ‘Real Touch’ system. Real Touch determines the many ways players receive a ball, dependent on the height and power of the pass, and the natural ability of the player. A new ‘Precise Pass’ system further emphasizes the game’s use of new ball physics, as players make passes based on the runs of other teammates, before perfectly placing a threaded ball in their path.

E3 will also see KONAMI giving a deeper insight into PES 2017’s Master League and my Club modes, as well as showcasing new additions that are in response to requests from the bustling PES community. Goalkeepers have been totally overhauled, producing stunning multiple saves, dominating the penalty box, andlooking to close down threats via perfect positioning. The Los Angeles showcase will also be used to highlight PES2017’s ‘Adaptive AI’ that recognizes and looks to counter repeated playing patterns from the opposition, doubling up markers on integral players, snuffing out wide attacks and interrupting passing play. New tactical advances will also be premiered, as the new ‘Total Team Control’ tactical system and new corner and advanced instruction systems for tactical adaptation are revealed.

The new gameplay additions are complemented by a stunning level of graphical detail. PES 2017benefits from the addition of hundreds of new animations, ensuring that passes and clearances are met fluidly, and that collisions and tussles are realistically recreated. Player likeness are also taken a new level with ever-more famous players added to the rosters in near-photographic quality and with the running styles and individual attributes that they show in real life. Smaller aesthetic touches are also abound with players’ breath fogging in cold conditions, goalposts visibly rattling as the ball strikes them, and all new lighting and stadium effects.

PES 2017 continues an astounding run of form for the KONAMI title. Its stunning visuals, beautifully realized animation, improved referees, and in-game tactical switches in both open and set play situations create a new benchmark in soccer simulation.

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 half-fast @ 06/14/16 06:52 PM
The ball still looks like it floats on those small bounces, which is an eyesore still. This trailer doesnt show too much, but im excited anyway. Its a definite buy for me - have to keep FIFAs competition making money.

The one thing that bothers the *heck* out of me in PES, is the skill moves. They often look better, but are too stupid to pull off. The step overs and body feints are so stupid in this game. The skill moves need more life and faster execution speed, and snappier response.

# 22 Matt10 @ 06/14/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
The ball still looks like it floats on those small bounces, which is an eyesore still. This trailer doesnt show too much, but im excited anyway. Its a definite buy for me - have to keep FIFAs competition making money.

The one thing that bothers the *heck* out of me in PES, is the skill moves. They often look better, but are too stupid to pull off. The step overs and body feints are so stupid in this game. The skill moves need more life and faster execution speed, and snappier response.
Agreed, ball still doesn't seem "loose", that trailer looked like a captain tsubasa episode, but I get it.

The issue I have is the players off the ball that are moving in transition. Like the gif here...

Player at the bottom is sprinting back as if on a rail, and then the midfielder coming from the top left is taking an absolutely terrible angle to the ball carrier. Even if that was the right angle, the running motion from side to side is not human, it looks like a Madden 2008 running back shifting back and forth.

# 23 half-fast @ 06/14/16 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Agreed, ball still doesn't seem "loose", that trailer looked like a captain tsubasa episode, but I get it.

The issue I have is the players off the ball that are moving in transition. Like the gif here...

Player at the bottom is sprinting back as if on a rail, and then the midfielder coming from the top left is taking an absolutely terrible angle to the ball carrier. Even if that was the right angle, the running motion from side to side is not human, it looks like a Madden 2008 running back shifting back and forth.
Agreed. Dont get me wrong, I had players do all kinds of weird things in both PES and FIFA, in different ways, however, one thing that did(does) drive me nuts about PES is the angles the ai players take to get where theyre going. This needs to be changed, without question.

I however refuse to let EA ruin soccer as they have hockey, so I choose to buy Pro Evo no matter what. I always do find some fun with it, thats for sure.

# 24 Matt10 @ 06/14/16 07:43 PM
Quote:
Agreed. Dont get me wrong, I had players do all kinds of weird things in both PES and FIFA, in different ways, however, one thing that did(does) drive me nuts about PES is the angles the ai players take to get where theyre going. This needs to be changed, without question.

I however refuse to let EA ruin soccer as they have hockey, so I choose to buy Pro Evo no matter what. I always do find some fun with it, thats for sure.
Yes, I will definitely be buying both regardless. I always do. It still pains me to have played FIFA more than PES these last couple of years.

I do think it's funny that they show those detection radars (what are they called now?) and it is not even following defending 101 basic principles of cutting off the angle of the pass, or even attempting it. Midfielder from the top left should be holding the spot in between ball carrier and his outlet to the right, all day.

Common sense cannot be the focus in these trailers though, I get that, but PES 16 was full of so much bad, that the feeling of immediate remedy has been long overdue.

# 25 KG @ 06/14/16 09:55 PM
Quote:

The guy on the bottom (Juanfran) is covering Alexis' run after getting caught too far upfield. It looks awkward because of the head-tracking where in this instance, as a former RB myself, you'd be hauling a** to get back.

Koke could have definitely taken a better angle but I'd more concerned that Ozil successfully beats 3 Atletico players in front of his own box, who are all closing down like crazy instead of playing the safe pass back to Kosc, Cech, or even a quick lay-off to Elleny.

On one hand it's just a trailer released to show off the new control (it is a beautiful turn, as is Alexis') and graphics (players faces look great but the shorts are still 2 sizes to big). On the other hand it's flash over substance which IMO plagued the series last year as I thought the game was dumbed-down/ignored fundamentals to attract a more arcadey crowd.

# 26 Matt10 @ 06/14/16 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
The guy on the bottom (Juanfran) is covering Alexis' run after getting caught too far upfield. It looks awkward because of the head-tracking where in this instance, as a former RB myself, you'd be hauling a** to get back.

Koke could have definitely taken a better angle but I'd more concerned that Ozil successfully beats 3 Atletico players in front of his own box, who are all closing down like crazy instead of playing the safe pass back to Kosc, Cech, or even a quick lay-off to Elleny.

On one hand it's just a trailer released to show off the new control (it is a beautiful turn, as is Alexis') and graphics (players faces look great but the shorts are still 2 sizes to big). On the other hand it's flash over substance which IMO plagued the series last year as I thought the game was dumbed-down/ignored fundamentals to attract a more arcadey crowd.
Well said, sir, yes as a former LB myself, that run definitely happens, but it's not a dead straight, perfect line sprint - which is what has plagued the fox engine from PES 14 and beyond.

I love what you said though, it's just a trailer, and it's for show off. I mean the first kick of it was a Rabona played from the side to the center of the pitch, perfectly passed and perfectly controlled - kidding me.

PES and FIFA would do well to get the basics down first, then add in the rest of the flair, etc. PES especially have struggled with the fox engine's implementation of the simplest defending understandings.

# 27 dmendenhall_9 @ 06/14/16 11:15 PM
Quote:
Well said, sir, yes as a former LB myself, that run definitely happens, but it's not a dead straight, perfect line sprint - which is what has plagued the fox engine from PES 14 and beyond.

I love what you said though, it's just a trailer, and it's for show off. I mean the first kick of it was a Rabona played from the side to the center of the pitch, perfectly passed and perfectly controlled - kidding me.

PES and FIFA would do well to get the basics down first, then add in the rest of the flair, etc. PES especially have struggled with the fox engine's implementation of the simplest defending understandings.
Have you guys read much of the impressions from E3 and PES day? PES is getting a lot of love from guys who weren't that into 16 (which makes me excited). I wouldn't over analyze one gif too much. They are just trying to show off how some cool stuff in a trailer. It looks like Atletico is set to have a Gegenpress so I can understand why they are attacking so hard (also heard tactics work really well so if you are playing and have your team set up they obviously won't be doing what is going on here). Though, I still dislike some of those running animations (you can actual change them for each player if willing and they have better-looking ones, ha. Maybe someone will do it and share the option file!). And that on the rails runnings is annoying but the gif cuts out the entire image so hard to get a good look at it. Will have to see some actual gameplay but even then still hard to tell until you get your hands on it. Heard defensive AI is MUCH improved, along with keepers, and shot dynamics. Gulp.

# 28 BrianFifaFan @ 06/15/16 12:44 AM
Love a lot of what was in that trailer. But I'm not going to buy it if the PC version isn't the same as the consoles. This hybrid thing is really old. I have an i7, and a Titan Black. That said, equal game to the consoles, must have game.

# 29 DBMcGee3 @ 06/15/16 09:30 AM
Quote:

Agree 100% with the skill moves. The step overs are so latent that they aren't effective whatsoever, and overall I've always felt it's just a little slower and less responsive than FIFA. There are also less moves to choose from.

# 30 KG @ 06/15/16 12:11 PM
Quote:

That was the first thing that jumped out at me. I can't remember the last time I saw someone pull a rabona in the middle of the pitch, let alone it was with Griezman's right foot which defeats the purpose of the rabona. You attempt a rabona to avoid using your weaker foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Agree 100% with the skill moves. The step overs are so latent that they aren't effective whatsoever, and overall I've always felt it's just a little slower and less responsive than FIFA. There are also less moves to choose from.
I echo the sentiments about skill moves. I think they generally look better than FIFA's but they're so hard to pull off and some of them aren't tuned properly as it relates to speed

# 31 Smutka @ 06/16/16 02:54 PM
Now someone make us Finnish Veikkausliiga to play

# 32 stevostl @ 06/18/16 04:48 PM
Still can't believe they will have edit file sharing world wide...

why couldn't of they had this so long ago? about time..

excited about this and will buy the game just for that this year

if only they fix the foul system... I will probably play this more than FIFA this year if they do fix fouls

I am glad they have made the game slower as well. That is something I like a lot

# 33 JODYE @ 06/22/16 04:57 PM
Long time FIFA player here. Just snagged PES a short time ago.

I understand the gripes here in regards to PES, but in comparison to FIFA, it makes PES AI look like gods.

At least the players react. Not sure how many times in FIFA I have had a opposing player running around the top of the box and defenders are running away from him to get back to their 'zone' on the field. I'll take PES every time and to think people hated the defense in this game, gives me even more optimism that I will love what they have done to PES 17.

And from my estimation, the ball is much floatier in FIFA.

That is all. Looking forward to hearing more.

# 34 legendkiller5 @ 06/23/16 03:12 PM
Happy for the PS4 folks to at least have edit file sharing.

Thanks, Microsoft.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.