Home
The Golf Club 2 News Post

HB Studios have just announced The Golf Club 2, scheduled to arrive in the first quarter of next year. The game will include a very in-depth player creator, new clubs, new apparel, new swing animations, new more challenging swing options, private and public clubs/societies, a more customizable offline career mode and more.

Check out some of the features and details below, but click here to read all about it.

Unity 5 – We’ve moved the game to Unity 5. This means lots of great things for all areas of the game.

Player Creator – We’ve got a huge player creator, where player features, clothing, clubs and gear will all be customizable. It’s almost limitless with millions upon millions of combinations to get your avatar looking just as you want him or her to.

Golf Societies – We’ve now got golf societies, not only places where you and your friends can hang out and play against each other in tournaments but huge public clubs. (All currency referred to is GAME CURRENCY, not real money)
  • Societies will have club captains that will design out seasons with entry restrictions, prize money and major tournaments
  • Tournament and society entry can be restricted by entrance fees and handicap ratings.
  • Societies will have their own bank balance so they can choose their own clubhouse. The richer the clubs the grander the clubhouse. The luxury of a plush club the status that comes with that needs to be earned to get there.
  • Major Tournaments – Using club size and popularity crowds will turn up for the clubs majors. The bigger the club, the bigger the crowds. The HUD will become more TV like and the commentary will also add to the occasion.
  • Career Mode – Players will also be able to play away a more singular game against AI. Using offline societies and AI players to earn money and work your way through the challenges of increasing difficulty. All money earned here can be transferred to your online career, so it’s well worth taking part.
You’ll be able to now design courses with multi-level water, crowd placement, lots of new stuff to place as well as lots of new tools to make life easier for the designers out there.

Gameplay
  • Swing – we’re currently looking at a 3 level swing mechanic. The easy level will very much be based off of what we have now, but with tempo added and a distance reduction, Hard will be very punishing if in any way off centre and the tempo isn’t correct but when it’s good you will get a considerably further distance. Doing this gives us the variation we want, the difficulty some want and brings in the actual point of multiple tees.
  • Practice Swing – You’ll now be able to take practice swings.
  • HUD Numbering and Shot Shaper – These will be rounded giving you less ability to dial a distance while working on the shot shaper to make it much harder when trying to dial in distances.
Practice Range

We have a full driving range, putting green and chipping green. This is a full sandbox mode, giving you the ability to go out there and improve any part of your game.

Graphics
  • We’ve invested heavily in the character this time out, getting full photogrammetry scans of people and clothing to make your player look as realistic as possible.
  • We’ve also invested in a huge array of motion capture from two brand new golf pros. Well not only have a lot of great new shot animations but lots of post and pre shot stuff as well.
  • Full specular effects on everything on your course, this makes it look even more realistic than it did before.
Multiplayer

We won’t be adding a traditional lobby, but we will be improving live multiplayer extensively. We’ll be adding more game modes and the ability to play non friends.

Game: The Golf Club 2Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Grey_Osprey @ 07/03/16 04:07 PM
Anthonykyne,

I really enjoying playing "no aids" golf, but when I enter aid events, the game over-rides my golfer settings and the aids are available. Time permitting, would you and your team be able to look into a way to program the game so that if people want to play aid events with the aids turned off they can?

# 62 scagwi @ 07/03/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
What can be achieved with analogue is far superior. The feel around the green, the deftness of touch, and the ability to take in the scene rather than concentrating on a power bar.

ohh k

Not sure the phrases feel and deftness of touch should be used with the golf club. Are you referring to your builds of v2?

# 63 AnthonyKyne @ 07/04/16 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi

ohh k

Not sure the phrases feel and deftness of touch should be used with the golf club. Are you referring to your builds of v2?
I'm referring to the putting and short game minus the flop

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 64 scagwi @ 07/04/16 01:39 PM
Quote:
I'm referring to the putting and short game minus the flop

Putting I'll agree - Great putting in TGC

# 65 Efbomb @ 07/08/16 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Putting I'll agree - Great putting in TGC
It might just be me, but I swear, sometimes the ball comes off the putter and goes left.

Just yesterday I had a situation with an 8 foot putt. The green was level in all directions. No slope left, right, up or down. I aimed right for the middle of the cup. Put the correct power into the shot...and missed left.

To be fair, my follow through wasn't perfect. In fact, I actually hit it to the right.

So how does a flat green make the ball go left even though it wears hit to the right on the follow through?

It feels like it happens on approach shots too. I notice it more on shots with no wind involvement. I'll hit it pin straight in the cone, but it lands left of the flag.

# 66 Klocker @ 07/08/16 11:04 PM
Day 1

Looks like a great leap forward. i'm done with Rory, this game has real putting and a better sowing mechanic already. The version 2 sounds like it will look and play even better

# 67 Ruffy @ 07/16/16 08:10 PM
I will be buying this on Day 1 of release or digital pre-order.

Loved TGC 1 and still play it here and there. Was great value for the price.

Excited for TGC2.

I'm also excited for PS4 Hot Shots Golf.

# 68 ComfortablyLomb @ 07/19/16 04:35 PM
Hopefully someone gets though to them and 3-click is added. I bought the first version and thought it was solid but mouse only or controller stick only is a non-starter for me. If only all developers could be as flexible as the guys making The Show. Their dedication to letting users play the game *their* way with one of several input schemes should be the model for all developers.

# 69 AnthonyKyne @ 07/19/16 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Hopefully someone gets though to them and 3-click is added. I bought the first version and thought it was solid but mouse only or controller stick only is a non-starter for me. If only all developers could be as flexible as the guys making The Show. Their dedication to letting users play the game *their* way with one of several input schemes should be the model for all developers.
I'd love to be as flexible but 3 click causes several issues for us
1) it takes away from the main pillar of the game - recreating the feel and deftness of touch around the green. 3-click unfortunately, with its twitch mechanic, can't offer that
2) with the above it then gives no real way of ever balancing the game play between the swing types meaning we'd have to segregate the players - something again goes against the pillars of the game.

The difference between us and The Show, is that the mechanics chosen in the show don't alter their pillars or give an advantage, where here they would.

Saying that, I was a 3 click only fan for years. But once I got my head around analogue swing, not only would I not go back I also made a game with it being the only option. So give it a few rounds and I'm sure you'll start to enjoy it

# 70 HealyMonster @ 07/19/16 06:04 PM
Quote:
I'd love to be as flexible but 3 click causes several issues for us
1) it takes away from the main pillar of the game - recreating the feel and deftness of touch around the green. 3-click unfortunately, with its twitch mechanic, can't offer that
2) with the above it then gives no real way of ever balancing the game play between the swing types meaning we'd have to segregate the players - something again goes against the pillars of the game.

The difference between us and The Show, is that the mechanics chosen in the show don't alter their pillars or give an advantage, where here they would.

Saying that, I was a 3 click only fan for years. But once I got my head around analogue swing, not only would I not go back I also made a game with it being the only option. So give it a few rounds and I'm sure you'll start to enjoy it

hey bud, when the release date for the game?

# 71 AnthonyKyne @ 07/19/16 06:05 PM
Looking like end of March, early April

# 72 kehlis @ 07/19/16 06:05 PM
As always, your transparency is very appreciated.

# 73 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/19/16 07:48 PM
Quote:
Looking like end of March, early April

Is this coming to Early Access again by any chance?

# 74 AnthonyKyne @ 07/19/16 08:10 PM
No I wouldn't say so this time. We'll most probably do a closed beta.

The early access was invaluable last time as it confirmed we were on the right track. The negatives of doing it though are that people think that once full release comes 1)the price shouldn't go up 2) don't think they should have to pay for DLC because they "funded" the game 3) never believe the released game is finished

So the plan is to get a few beta testers (200ish) to test the new swing mechanic and help tune it, while also stress testing the servers

# 75 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/19/16 09:46 PM
Quote:
No I wouldn't say so this time. We'll most probably do a closed beta.

The early access was invaluable last time as it confirmed we were on the right track. The negatives of doing it though are that people think that once full release comes 1)the price shouldn't go up 2) don't think they should have to pay for DLC because they "funded" the game 3) never believe the released game is finished

So the plan is to get a few beta testers (200ish) to test the new swing mechanic and help tune it, while also stress testing the servers

Dang. I'm totally opposite of everything you said! I was one of the first purchases when it released on early access. But I completely understand! Thanks for the honest answer as always.

# 76 Lieutenant Dan @ 07/20/16 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Dang. I'm totally opposite of everything you said! I was one of the first purchases when it released on early access. But I completely understand! Thanks for the honest answer as always.
Same, but I totally understand Anthonys position.

# 77 goillini03 @ 07/20/16 12:13 PM
Yep. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 78 tarheelguy4736 @ 07/20/16 01:24 PM
I am really excited about the new game. I have thoroughly enjoyed TGC and feel like it is more of a true simulation golf game than some of the others. Not sure if there is a way in the present game but is there a way (or will be a way in TGC 2) that you can create courses on the PC but play them on the PS4? So say I just have the game on the PS4 but would like to create courses on the PC, is there a way (will be a way) to do that?

# 79 AnthonyKyne @ 07/20/16 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
I am really excited about the new game. I have thoroughly enjoyed TGC and feel like it is more of a true simulation golf game than some of the others. Not sure if there is a way in the present game but is there a way (or will be a way in TGC 2) that you can create courses on the PC but play them on the PS4? So say I just have the game on the PS4 but would like to create courses on the PC, is there a way (will be a way) to do that?
Yeah that's possible now, all the courses are cross platform. We were the first people to get Sony and Microsoft to agree to that.

Out of interest, Why would you want to design on pc over ps4 though?

# 80 tarheelguy4736 @ 07/21/16 03:25 PM
Quote:
Yeah that's possible now, all the courses are cross platform. We were the first people to get Sony and Microsoft to agree to that.

Out of interest, Why would you want to design on pc over ps4 though?

Ok thank you for letting me know. However, would I also have to purchase the PC version to design the courses on the PC?

Some times it would be easier for me when I have free time at work to be able to design courses. This would free up more time to play the game when I get home.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.