Home
The Golf Club 2 News Post

HB Studios have just announced The Golf Club 2, scheduled to arrive in the first quarter of next year. The game will include a very in-depth player creator, new clubs, new apparel, new swing animations, new more challenging swing options, private and public clubs/societies, a more customizable offline career mode and more.

Check out some of the features and details below, but click here to read all about it.

Unity 5 – We’ve moved the game to Unity 5. This means lots of great things for all areas of the game.

Player Creator – We’ve got a huge player creator, where player features, clothing, clubs and gear will all be customizable. It’s almost limitless with millions upon millions of combinations to get your avatar looking just as you want him or her to.

Golf Societies – We’ve now got golf societies, not only places where you and your friends can hang out and play against each other in tournaments but huge public clubs. (All currency referred to is GAME CURRENCY, not real money)
  • Societies will have club captains that will design out seasons with entry restrictions, prize money and major tournaments
  • Tournament and society entry can be restricted by entrance fees and handicap ratings.
  • Societies will have their own bank balance so they can choose their own clubhouse. The richer the clubs the grander the clubhouse. The luxury of a plush club the status that comes with that needs to be earned to get there.
  • Major Tournaments – Using club size and popularity crowds will turn up for the clubs majors. The bigger the club, the bigger the crowds. The HUD will become more TV like and the commentary will also add to the occasion.
  • Career Mode – Players will also be able to play away a more singular game against AI. Using offline societies and AI players to earn money and work your way through the challenges of increasing difficulty. All money earned here can be transferred to your online career, so it’s well worth taking part.
You’ll be able to now design courses with multi-level water, crowd placement, lots of new stuff to place as well as lots of new tools to make life easier for the designers out there.

Gameplay
  • Swing – we’re currently looking at a 3 level swing mechanic. The easy level will very much be based off of what we have now, but with tempo added and a distance reduction, Hard will be very punishing if in any way off centre and the tempo isn’t correct but when it’s good you will get a considerably further distance. Doing this gives us the variation we want, the difficulty some want and brings in the actual point of multiple tees.
  • Practice Swing – You’ll now be able to take practice swings.
  • HUD Numbering and Shot Shaper – These will be rounded giving you less ability to dial a distance while working on the shot shaper to make it much harder when trying to dial in distances.
Practice Range

We have a full driving range, putting green and chipping green. This is a full sandbox mode, giving you the ability to go out there and improve any part of your game.

Graphics
  • We’ve invested heavily in the character this time out, getting full photogrammetry scans of people and clothing to make your player look as realistic as possible.
  • We’ve also invested in a huge array of motion capture from two brand new golf pros. Well not only have a lot of great new shot animations but lots of post and pre shot stuff as well.
  • Full specular effects on everything on your course, this makes it look even more realistic than it did before.
Multiplayer

We won’t be adding a traditional lobby, but we will be improving live multiplayer extensively. We’ll be adding more game modes and the ability to play non friends.

Game: The Golf Club 2Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 DivotMaker @ 07/21/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Ok thank you for letting me know. However, would I also have to purchase the PC version to design the courses on the PC?

Yes you would......

# 82 C.J.S. @ 01/13/17 04:10 PM
guess they have a tempo style swing there working on.

# 83 Spitfirex007 @ 01/16/17 07:56 AM
Is this game even still in the works? I've seen zero info. Just a VR thing.

# 84 Thrash13 @ 01/16/17 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
Is this game even still in the works? I've seen zero info. Just a VR thing.
I think they've just had their marketing focus on The Golf Club VR, but as far as I know, The Golf Club 2 is definitely still happening. I've been a little surprised as how quiet things have been on that front, but it makes sense that they would push the VR thing for awhile.

# 85 Roxgolf @ 01/24/17 08:18 AM
I used to play golf on wii and that's what hooked me in the first place.

This looks miles away from what I used to play.. Technology is really stepping up

# 86 RIFRIG @ 02/02/17 01:08 AM
Games are looking so good these days I really am wanting TGC2 to deliver some great visuals but I can't see it happening.
Even with TGC graphics at a very mediocre level that unity engine struggles to deliver good performance.

# 87 Grinder12000 @ 02/06/17 01:55 PM
Quote:
Out of interest, Why would you want to design on pc over ps4 though?
For many people PC is so much easier to work with - that was actually my question also.

I'm still debating about this game as I;m not a thumb jockey except for the 3-click swing thing. But the social aspect is interesting.

I wish I could get an old version to test run it before I buy TGC2 (if it ever comes out)

# 88 ThomasP @ 02/06/17 05:40 PM
Is there going to be 3 click swing?

# 89 kehlis @ 02/06/17 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP
I very well could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they came out last year and said that they are against 3 click and that it goes against their overall vision for the game.

# 90 DivotMaker @ 02/07/17 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP
According to the Developer, no.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.