Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video showing off the new pylon cam. A small gif is shown above, check out the full video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 mrprice33 @ 06/16/16 08:07 PM
I assume that Hopkins catch is canned but it looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 Kingd803 @ 06/16/16 08:20 PM
"Beyond your typical broadcast"

Noooooooo. No one likes this direction. Just bring what we see on tv. Why have Extreme close ups cut scenes in the huddle? That is immersion breaking.

Why have close up of the ball flying through the air? Where you hardly see any of the play?

You're claiming sim. But want to do your own thing with broadcast.

As far as the pylon cam, I like it. I've seen it in real broadcast. I don't have any complaints with it.

Some suggestions tho. Maybe have it look like it's actually in the pylon, like have a boarder around the screen so it looks like it's inside. Also a slight fisheye effect. I think the real one sort of has some effect.

Right now it just looks like a in game camera placed where the pylon would be.

Overall it's cool. If they never give it any illusion of being in the pylon or any effect it wouldn't bother me.

# 3 Cowboy008 @ 06/16/16 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
"Beyond your typical broadcast"

Noooooooo. No one likes this direction. Just bring what we see on tv. Why have Extreme close ups cut scenes in the huddle? That is immersion breaking.

Why have close up of the ball flying through the air? Where you hardly see any of the play?

You're claiming sim. But want to do your own thing with broadcast.

As far as the pylon cam, I like it. I've seen it in real broadcast. I don't have any complaints with it.

Some suggestions tho. Maybe have it look like it's actually in the pylon, like have a boarder around the screen so it looks like it's inside. Also a slight fisheye effect. I think the real one sort of has some effect.

Right now it just looks like a in game camera placed where the pylon would be.

Overall it's cool. If they never give it any illusion of being in the pylon or any effect it wouldn't bother me.
100% agree with this.

# 4 Aggies7 @ 06/16/16 08:28 PM
Just wondering do they ever show the pylon cam from the pylon that gets contacted?

# 5 Kingd803 @ 06/16/16 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Just wondering do they ever show the pylon cam from the pylon that gets contacted?
That would be Awesom. In my long drawn out post I didn't even think of that

# 6 PVarck31 @ 06/16/16 08:41 PM
That looked really good to me. Everything looked smooth.

# 7 SolidSquid @ 06/16/16 08:47 PM
Hopefully they refined the challenge outcomes so guys clearly in or out will be called correctly.

Didn't really like that catch/truck by Allen though. The safety has a full head of steam them just falls like a pillow after he makes contact.

# 8 smiley3 @ 06/16/16 08:50 PM
Everything looked well but when Allen caught it on the run he wasn't even aware of a defender in front of him and he just bull dozed the safety Chung that was running downhill for a hit

# 9 PVarck31 @ 06/16/16 09:00 PM
I hate to do this because I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong. But I see it a little differently.

Chung was coming at the receiver but he seemed to pull up a tiny bit and attempt a high wrap tackle. The bigger WR then lowered his shoulder and had the momentum advantage at that point. I don't think that outcome is bad.

# 10 Jr. @ 06/16/16 09:13 PM
I must be interpreting this wrong, but it sounded like they're going to cut to that camera in the middle of the play. That can't be right, can it?

# 11 waynefontes @ 06/16/16 09:17 PM
How can I watch this without a FB account? It keeps asking me to sign in to FB to view it.

# 12 Rams_3 @ 06/16/16 09:53 PM
I dig the pylon cam.

# 13 un4gettable fire @ 06/16/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I must be interpreting this wrong, but it sounded like they're going to cut to that camera in the middle of the play. That can't be right, can it?
That would be horrible but I'm willing to bet that's not the case and that it's used in post play highlights.

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/16 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
I dig the pylon cam.

Me too man and I'm not a beyond the broadcast guy but this looks great.

# 15 Brooke2011 @ 06/16/16 11:36 PM
It's a post play highlight thing... It's one of the many angles you'll see when replaying a big play. Not all replays will be pylon can ones

# 16 strawberryshortcake @ 06/17/16 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefontes
How can I watch this without a FB account? It keeps asking me to sign in to FB to view it.
I also don't have a facebook account but for whatever reason I managed to download the video from their facebook page.

# 17 smiley3 @ 06/17/16 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I also don't have a facebook account but for whatever reason I managed to download the video from their facebook page.

Just posted the Twitter version should be viewable now

# 18 KANE699 @ 06/17/16 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

No this will only be a replay camera.

# 19 OhMrHanky @ 06/17/16 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I hate to do this because I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong. But I see it a little differently.

Chung was coming at the receiver but he seemed to pull up a tiny bit and attempt a high wrap tackle. The bigger WR then lowered his shoulder and had the momentum advantage at that point. I don't think that outcome is bad.

Also,
Chung 5'11 215
Allen 6'3 265
Allen had some momentum coming down with the catch and continuing to move forward, he doesn't 'stop', and does have some weight on Chung, so I'm ok with this, too. And, graphically speaking, yeah, he tries a high wrap tackle on him. So, the outcome is realistic, imo. If Chung used the hit stick, it might've been a different outcome. Or, graphically speaking, if he had gone low for the legs, it would've been a tackle.

# 20 SVCbearcat10 @ 06/17/16 07:56 AM
Isn't the pylon cam set up across the goal line and not the sideline?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.