Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video showing off the new broadcast presentation package. A small gif is shown above, check out the full video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 vannwolfhawk @ 06/17/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It is kinda realistic. I've seen CBS use similar ones in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.
Agreed! I know what your talking about. I think where it looks funky is with it being on the field. If it had a black backdrop to it I think it would look more realistic to that cbs presentation.

# 22 apollon42 @ 06/17/16 04:24 PM
the player intros look absurd, I dont' understand why they even add stuff like that.

# 23 smiley3 @ 06/17/16 04:39 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/17/16 04:50 PM
I think it looks good. These aren't "realistic" because real life can't use these, it would be near impossible. Bet your bottom dollar the NFL would do this if they could.

# 25 reverend_heat @ 06/17/16 05:00 PM
Rawlings Tachyon is in

# 26 Cowboy008 @ 06/17/16 05:04 PM
I'm still not a huge fan of the line up screen. Maybe once I see more game play or actually play the game I'll feel differently.

# 27 OhMrHanky @ 06/17/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I think it looks good. These aren't "realistic" because real life can't use these, it would be near impossible. Bet your bottom dollar the NFL would do this if they could.

Right. They could shoot some pregame stuff with the players against a green screen or something and tell them, 'give me some swagger.' Lol. Then put it up over the field. I could see fox doing this, honestly. Again, it's not realistic in terms of 'have we seen this b4? Do NFL broadcasts do this?' But, u know what? I'll bet the younger generation will dig this, actually. And, comically, maybe that gets missed around here sometime. I'm not sure what the numbers are and times have changed, but I think a lot of 'kids' play madden and they want the swagger. They want to see something different. So, as much as I want sim in my gameplay, I have to admit, as far as presentation, I'm def ok with them 'pushing the limits' of broadcast. I think the commentary is moving towards that, and from what people are saying, it's been mostly positive. So, if madden wants to have its own broadcast style, I'm ok with that.

# 28 Reed1417 @ 06/17/16 05:08 PM
From what little we saw I liked it a lot. I like them taking liberty with aspects of presentation. Just need to see everything come together now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 29 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/17/16 05:09 PM
Dig it. The line up intros look nice but like others have said, I hope there's some variation to keep it from getting stale.

# 30 aholbert32 @ 06/17/16 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The difference is that 1) those are used for specific games each week, not every game and 2)like vannwolfhawk mentioned those are presented as enhanced versions of existing presentation graphics, not some disjointed, imo, on field photo shoot.

Like I said in my other post, in Madden point #2 wouldn't be as big of a deal if point #1 was the case but since this is likely used every game, it makes this whole thing less broadcast authentic, imo.

I don't think they are presenting that as an on field photo shoot so much as it's the players in front of a green screen and the stadium is the backdrop EA used.

Networks use similar backgrounds when they do their player specific highlights. EA is just using it a different way.

# 31 jbd345 @ 06/17/16 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That's cool and I say again, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as something so flashy likely will be used for every game in Madden vs how real broadcasts use such flashy presentation elements only in specific games. That's what diminishes the entire claim of authentic broadcast presentation for this element, imo, not just the fact it's different from anything specifically seen in an actual broadcast.

EDIT: That reminds me, I'd appreciate if someone could condense what I'm about touch on into a tweet to the devs. DeuceDouglas for years has been harping on varying presentation, replicating multiple networks without using branding, through identifying score bugs, overlays and various graphics. I want to add to that, since M25-M16 EA has committed much resources to plenty of presentation assets under this dev team, enough so that by now, there should be plenty of variety available to keep presentation less repetitive. Why is that it seems much of that stuff is completely scrapped every year or two vs being saved and the new stuff added on to create more variety in Madden presentation year over year?
Presentation was exactly the same in madden 15 and 16. Outside of the junbotrons in 15 nothing really ever changed from 25. This is the first time since 12 and 13 that there has been a noticble difference from the previous year.

# 32 Rocky @ 06/17/16 06:24 PM
The intro looks nice...but still the killer of Madden's presentation are those ridiculous post play camera angles.

I can't imagine a real TV broadcast getting that picture perfect shot with Cam Newton live. The same goes for all those "underneath" pose shots on the field.

# 33 TheGentlemanGhost @ 06/17/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
Yep, still hate those lineup intros. Can't believe they're saying they add to the realism.
Agreed. They are trying to go for the CBS look I guess, but the players being on the field with full equipment on makes it look kinda silly. It's not the worse thing in the world of course, but it just doesn't come off well.

If it was without helmets or actually on the field of play, it'd be alot better imo.

# 34 mestevo @ 06/17/16 06:48 PM
Good stuff.

@EA_White Will the intros still look like this when I'm in year 10 of CFM and these guys are retired? https://t.co/GxgPf2e6Kv

@jpdavis1982 yes, but we have unique intros for Sunday, Monday, Thursday Primetime, playoffs, and each week of season

https://twitter.com/EA_White/status/743936963934294016

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 35 Gilley @ 06/17/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Good stuff.

@EA_White Will the intros still look like this when I'm in year 10 of CFM and these guys are retired? https://t.co/GxgPf2e6Kv

@jpdavis1982 yes, but we have unique intros for Sunday, Monday, Thursday Primetime, playoffs, and each week of season

Wow, I didn't expect that. Pretty cool.

# 36 K_GUN @ 06/17/16 07:02 PM
Haha....its a videogame. Player intro's are fine

# 37 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/17/16 07:04 PM
I hate seeing guys say it's kids playing madden that enjoy these, I'm a grown man with two children and I think this is cool especially with unique intros.

I'm wondering what day of the week these are from?

# 38 Dazraz @ 06/17/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
Interested to know if these will be the same intros over and over again, or if there will be some variations of them. I see 5 guys standing in the same formations over and over again getting old really fast.

At least I could easily skip through the old style. A different screen completely could be a minor annoyance. That said, I can't give them too much flack for trying a new style. Hopefully it works out well.
Totally agree. I love that in NBA 2K they mix up the pre game intros.

# 39 Rams_3 @ 06/17/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Wow, I didn't expect that. Pretty cool.
Why didn't they say thia when the presentation blog was released? Good to know anyways tho

# 40 Cowboy008 @ 06/17/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Good stuff.

This is awesome news.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.