Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

SimFBallCritic has posted a couple of Madden NFL 17 videos. The first one features some of the best plays seen at EA Play.

The second Madden NFL 17 video features the Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 StormsWarning @ 06/21/16 08:38 AM
everything looks incredible to me, game is looking outstanding.

# 2 Armor and Sword @ 06/21/16 10:19 AM
I loved seeing Browner break out of his flat assignment since no one was there and he cheated back on the seam route to Brown for a nice INT.

Game is looking outstanding. Lot's of under the hood improvements to AI, loco motion, etc.

And holy crap the new commentary is so much better.

Madden 17 is going to be fantastic.

# 3 riichiieriich @ 06/21/16 11:07 AM
Why do the tackles look so weak? Looks like the players just fall to the ground.

Also, the collision system still needs work. As do the running animations.

# 4 l8knight1 @ 06/21/16 11:26 AM
I just wanted to point out that the running game looks great, but, it was great in Madden 15. Stiff arms, jukes, and bull moves, were nerfed in 16. Footwork looks very good, but the 'power' running stuff is a re-tread from 15. It is welcomed as I loved running in 15 vs 16. Just sayin'. Anyone else agree?

Here's a video I did back for 15. Notice the Riggins and Chuck Muncie (Chargers) runs.

# 5 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/21/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I just wanted to point out that the running game looks great, but, it was great in Madden 15. Stiff arms, jukes, and bull moves, were nerfed in 16. Footwork looks very good, but the 'power' running stuff is a re-tread from 15. It is welcomed as I loved running in 15 vs 16. Just sayin'. Anyone else agree?

Here's a video I did back for 15. Notice the Riggins and Chuck Muncie (Chargers) runs.

I think what goes on in games like Madden, and in fact many games, is that something becomes over powered and so in the next iteration of the game they try to inject counters to what is over powered, or nerf what was over powered, such as what is being seen between the run game in M15 to M16; now with M17 and an improved defense, with gaps assignments and better zones, the running abilities could be added back in without being over powered because a proper defense to counter the run abilities has been implemented.

anyway, just my view on the issue of things that get taken out and then added back in a latter version.

# 6 l8knight1 @ 06/21/16 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I think what goes on in games like Madden, and in fact many games, is that something becomes over powered and so in the next iteration of the game they try to inject counters to what is over powered, or nerf what was over powered, such as what is being seen between the run game in M15 to M16; now with M17 and an improved defense, with gaps assignments and better zones, the running abilities could be added back in without being over powered because a proper defense to counter the run abilities has been implemented.

anyway, just my view on the issue of things that get taken out and then added back in a latter version.
I very much agree with you. Like I said, re-tread, but welcomed back. Now if they can just bring back things like that Tatum hit at the end of the video...but I think the NFL has something to say about those based on their tip-toeing around on the CTE issue.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 06/21/16 12:30 PM
The crowd reaction and commentary on the Heyward-Bey touchdown is incredible.

# 8 champ1997 @ 06/21/16 12:54 PM
Are those Jordan cleats I see

# 9 jpdavis82 @ 06/21/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The crowd reaction and commentary on the Heyward-Bey touchdown is incredible.

Yeah when Davis is talking and Gaudin says "oh look at this", and then he calls the TD, hope to have a lot more of those wow moments this year.

Blown away by two things, how great commentary sounds for a first attempt at around only 50% finished and blown away by how disappointed and unimpressed a lot of people on here are about the commentary. This is the most difficult sport of all to reproduce commentary for and this is by FAR the best football game commentary we've ever seen, what did people expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/21/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
Why do the tackles look so weak? Looks like the players just fall to the ground.

Also, the collision system still needs work. As do the running animations.
Agreed. Still seeing some ragdoll physics going on with players adding on to a gang tackle & just falling to the ground lifeless. I thought this would've been fixed by now. The overall player movement needs to be the #1 priority going forward as players still have that robotic look at times. It needs to look more natural ala NBA 2K.

# 11 SageInfinite @ 06/21/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah when Davis is talking and Gaudin says "oh look at this", and then he calls the TD, hope to have a lot more of those wow moments this year.

Blown away by two things, how great commentary sounds for a first attempt at around only 50% finished and blown away by how disappointed and unimpressed a lot of people on here are about the commentary. This is the most difficult sport of all to reproduce commentary for and this is by FAR the best football game commentary we've ever seen, what did people expect?

There hasn't been another console football game in almost a decade, it should be the best by default. With that said we'll have to see how it turns out in the final product. It's definitely the freshest thing I've seen so far in Madden 17 tho.....

# 12 aholbert32 @ 06/21/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
There hasn't been another console football game in almost a decade, it should be the best by default. With that said we'll have to see how it turns out in the final product. It's definitely the freshest thing I've seen so far in Madden 17 tho.....
Lets not forget about NCAA. Same company but the commentary was often better than Madden.

From the little bit I heard, I think it sounds great but I can see where there are some issues. Gaudin and Davis speak in generic terms a little too much for my taste. I get why they do this (so that the lines can be used in every game) but I think I'm going to tire of hearing "The WR catches a pass at the 20 yrd line" or Davis saying "I'm looking forward to see which big guy stands out."

With that said, I get that lines are going to be repetitive no matter what they do (I love NBA2k's commentary and it gets really repetitive when playing a whole season) so I'm hoping the ongoing commentary recording will help fight against that.

# 13 strawberryshortcake @ 06/21/16 02:19 PM
Quote:

Sorry if the following is a repeat from a different thread. But it does answer the question on what I am looking for. Putting in spoiler tag so it doesn't take up more real estate.

Spoiler

# 14 aholbert32 @ 06/21/16 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Spoiler
I think your expectations were a bit high. One, the commentary you expected is a bit more of a radio broadcast style than TV broadcast style. Two, we have to keep in mind that they have to rebuild the commentary database and that will take some time.

# 15 BleedGreen710 @ 06/21/16 06:57 PM
these vids made the game look sooo much better then the other videos I've seen so far. props to simfbcritic for showing us what we wanted to see.

# 16 huskerfan4life @ 06/21/16 07:52 PM
I love the videos and the commentary is great but I think that I read somewhere that they are going to be doing and adding lines on a weekly basis witch I think if that is true that it could make the commentary top notch

# 17 Noonie13 @ 06/22/16 02:26 PM
Quote:

I don't see why you'd think football would be hands down the most difficult to have decent commentary. Basketball and soccer both have constant ball movement and player changes.

Once again, another element that was done much better by a game from, like, 8 years ago.
If it somehow implements the additional commentary throughout the season the way NBA2K does after every night, maybe it's a step forward.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.