Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Cookieboy17 has posted another Madden NFL 17 video. This one features the Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks, with more in-game commentary from Brandon Gaudin and Charles Davis.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 BleedGreen710 @ 06/22/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's by far the best football commentary we have ever heard.
Who is 'we' ?

I like what I've heard so far but I wouldn't say that yet

really love the commentary on nfl 2k5/ all pro 2k8

# 22 aholbert32 @ 06/22/16 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I would think football and baseball would be the easiest. Especially with down time and replays to add more to the game than just play by play. I would think basketball, hockey, and soccer would be the most difficult since there's hardly a break in the action.

I think the play by play guy is still just off to me. Not sure what it is exactly but doesn't sound right to me. Though I did like how he mentioned Sherman was a pro bowler during the return. I think the analyst guy sounds pretty good.
Thats the reason why football and baseball are harder. You have to fill the breaks with color commentary and those are the lines that become the most repetitive. In a basketball game, the PBP guy is talking 70% of the time. Same with hockey. In soccer, there isnt really an expectation that the PBP guy or the color guy talk much and dead air is actually welcome.

With football and baseball, PBP maybe takes up 40% of the airtime because of the breaks so the color commentator has to carry a heavier load.

# 23 jpdavis82 @ 06/22/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Who is 'we' ?

I like what I've heard so far but I wouldn't say that yet

really love the commentary on nfl 2k5/ all pro 2k8

You like 2k5 and APF commentary better than this? Why?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 PVarck31 @ 06/22/16 04:39 PM
In my personal opinion I think it's too early to judge the commentary. But this is not the place to get into a 2K football vs EA football debate.

Let's please move on from that.

# 25 McG @ 06/24/16 09:04 AM
Just looks like another typical "Madden" or "EA" game. Nothing to be too excited about, a few improvements, but still not enough in my opinion. It still looks more like an arcade game than a sim. Generic sidelines, animations with the player trying to bring the ball in to his body after a catch with no ball in his hands, crushing hit with a fumble that goes right into a players hands that looked like he was literally knocked out. I'm sure I missed other things, but I watched the video once and didn't come away excited or impressed.

At his point, I guess there isn't a lot we can expect from Madden. They make a ton of money every year due to their monopoly of the NFL. Honestly, why can't they come close to the level of what NBA2K brings to the table each year? Their budget has to be be on par or more than likely more than what 2K has to work worth considering they are EA. Overall, no surprises on my end, which really sucks. With that said, I still can't believe this is the state of NFL gaming in 2016-2017. I hope I'm wrong, but their previous track record gives me no reason to feel that way.

Thank you for the video.

# 26 vrtkolman @ 06/24/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Just looks like another typical "Madden" or "EA" game. Nothing to be too excited about, a few improvements, but still not enough in my opinion. It still looks more like an arcade game than a sim. Generic sidelines, animations with the player trying to bring the ball in to his body after a catch with no ball in his hands, crushing hit with a fumble that goes right into a players hands that looked like he was literally knocked out. I'm sure I missed other things, but I watched the video once and didn't come away excited or impressed.

At his point, I guess there isn't a lot we can expect from Madden. They make a ton of money every year due to their monopoly of the NFL. Honestly, why can't they come close to the level of what NBA2K brings to the table each year? Their budget has to be be on par or more than likely more than what 2K has to work worth considering they are EA. Overall, no surprises on my end, which really sucks. With that said, I still can't believe this is the state of NFL gaming in 2016-2017. I hope I'm wrong, but their previous track record gives me no reason to feel that way.

Thank you for the video.
I agree. The improvements are nice, but unless they decide to rebuild the game from scratch, it will never be close to what it should be.

# 27 SolidSquid @ 06/26/16 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITF
I really wish the LeBron celebration was more limited. I have seen it from AP and Kelvin so far, and neither of them actually do it in real life lol.
Same. I've seen Jason Witten do a goofy dance and spike the ball and it made me cringe. That's not the kinda player Witten is, it all goes back to player likeness and immersion. If I score with Barry Sanders I don't expect him to do backflips I expect him to hand the ref the ball.

# 28 BlackBetty15 @ 06/26/16 10:47 AM
I would like to see the pocket collapse a little more. 5-10 secs it seemed on average which allows anyone in the nfl to get open. Great video though

# 29 SolidSquid @ 06/26/16 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I would like to see the pocket collapse a little more. 5-10 secs it seemed on average which allows anyone in the nfl to get open. Great video though
I think we need to get a true organic pocket before we see one collapse

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 06/26/16 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15

I'll be interested to see how this changes in the final build with the pass rush bugs fixed. Rex said it's supposed to be 3-4 seconds this year.

# 31 OhMrHanky @ 06/26/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Same. I've seen Jason Witten do a goofy dance and spike the ball and it made me cringe. That's not the kinda player Witten is, it all goes back to player likeness and immersion. If I score with Barry Sanders I don't expect him to do backflips I expect him to hand the ref the ball.

Yeah, they need to have tiers of celebration. Tier 1 is Barry sanders, only/always hands ball to ref. Tier 2 is only spiking for players like whitten. Tier 3 is get down witcha bad self for Deion, Terrell Owens, etc.

# 32 SolidSquid @ 06/26/16 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, they need to have tiers of celebration. Tier 1 is Barry sanders, only/always hands ball to ref. Tier 2 is only spiking for players like whitten. Tier 3 is get down witcha bad self for Deion, Terrell Owens, etc.

As silly as it was I thought this is what the "swagger" rating was for. NBA 2k has an emotion rating 0 being the stoic guys like Rose and Lillard and 100 being the overtop guys like ??? I don't really know.

# 33 wordtobigbird @ 06/26/16 02:17 PM
Quote:
I'll be interested to see how this changes in the final build with the pass rush bugs fixed. Rex said it's supposed to be 3-4 seconds this year.

Are there tweets about this bug? Most disappointing thing in these videos is there is still noooooooooo realistic pressure/pocket whatsoever. Anyone can pass on improved zones with 5+ sec

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 06/26/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Are there tweets about this bug? Most disappointing thing in these videos is there is still noooooooooo realistic pressure/pocket whatsoever. Anyone can pass on improved zones with 5+ sec

Yes and Rex mentioned it on Sim Standard radio Thursday night.

# 35 LBzrule @ 06/26/16 08:39 PM
Quote:

Without playing it I don't like the sounds of this. I really don't want 3-4 seconds to be a norm. The four man pass rush for every team should not be getting to the QB in 3-4 seconds. And the 3 man rush shouldn't be getting there with a great degree of success either. We need more nuance and less norm. 3 and 4 man Pass rush should always be personnel and match up dependent. So numbers like 3-4 seconds I would hope would never serve as a norm.

# 36 Americas Team @ 06/27/16 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Without playing it I don't like the sounds of this. I really don't want 3-4 seconds to be a norm. The four man pass rush for every team should not be getting to the QB in 3-4 seconds. And the 3 man rush shouldn't be getting there with a great degree of success either. We need more nuance and less norm. 3 and 4 man Pass rush should always be personnel and match up dependent. So numbers like 3-4 seconds I would hope would never serve as a norm.
I agree with you but with how simplistic the blocking system is I think the only thing they can do is tune how how long blocks are held.

# 37 BezO @ 06/27/16 09:55 AM
Quote:

Bug = ratings/slider fix or are we talking animations that are not triggering? D-linemen simply breaking blocks quicker is not what many of us are looking for.

# 38 aholbert32 @ 06/27/16 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I would love to see some sort of personality option like they have in NBA 2k. Players like Witten dont dance.

# 39 mrprice33 @ 06/27/16 10:33 AM
They have it for coaches now. Only a matter of time, I'd think.

# 40 davep @ 06/27/16 11:35 AM
If it wasn't for the different commentary team I couldn't distinguish these 17 videos from last year's.

I'll probably just stick with 16 this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.