Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Derrick Rose is going to be a New York Knick for the 2016-17 NBA Season.

In a blockbuster pre-draft trade, the Knicks acquired Derrick Rose and Justin Holiday from the Bulls while sending Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, and Jerian Grant to Chicago.

The Knicks also acquired a 2017 second round pick from Chicago.

Quote:
A source close to Rose said the Chicago native was very emotional about leaving his hometown team, which drafted him No. 1 overall out of Memphis in 2008, because of all his great memories there but that he wanted the big stage of New York.

Once Rose got word the Bulls were looking to trade him, he hoped it would be to the Knicks.

"His first choice was New York," the source said. "He wants the spotlight."

Rose's trade is going to change how players approach the Knicks -- with a starting lineup which now will include Rose and Carmelo Anthony. That is, of course, assuming Rose can stay healthy. Rose did play in 66 games last season, but he's battled injuries much of the last four seasons. Rose averaged nearly 32 minutes per game in 2015-16 and scored 16.4 points per game with 4.7 assists per game.

Rose's ratings will likely be pretty solid in NBA 2K17 given his stats -- and combined that with Anthony and suddenly the Knicks look a little more like a team with a little better chance at the playoffs.

What do you think? Was this a good trade for New York? What about Chicago? Is this a trade which will benefit the Bulls as well? Are you more likely to give the Knicks a try in NBA 2K17 now?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Jrocc23 @ 06/22/16 05:24 PM
Good trade for the Knicks. It'll be a lot more people running w/ the Knicks in 2K17 especially if they get a Pau or Dwight.

I wish we could get somewhat of these blockbuster deals in 2K sometimes. I've never seen one in MyCareer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 MarvellousOne @ 06/22/16 05:36 PM
Not a good trade for Chicago as far as talent they got in return, in all honesty if I was the bulls I would have kept D. Rose and let his contract fall off for the cap room next season as there isn't much in the draft PG wise to take D. Rose spot...and there isn't much in free agency either this season. Oh well....guess they are rebuilding....I dislike my bulls front office. Knicks got the better deal in this trade, at least Chicago could have traded rose for a draft pick to some other team.

# 3 Hustle Westbrook @ 06/22/16 06:00 PM
Nice. Knicks are gonna be fun to run with in 17.

# 4 KwiLL23 @ 06/22/16 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Not a good trade for Chicago as far as talent they got in return, in all honesty if I was the bulls I would have kept D. Rose and let his contract fall off for the cap room next season as there isn't much in the draft PG wise to take D. Rose spot...and there isn't much in free agency either this season. Oh well....guess they are rebuilding....I dislike my bulls front office. Knicks got the better deal in this trade, at least Chicago could have traded rose for a draft pick to some other team.
I agree. Gar Forman and John Paxon should have left a long time ago. I guess we will draft Wade Baldwin as the mock drafts predicted. I know Noah and Pau isn't coming back now. Knicks should now go after Dwight or Horford. Rose, whoever at the 2, Melo, Kristaps, and Dwight or Horford is pretty good on paper. Don't the Knicks have $45 million in cap space since Afflalo and Williams opted out?

# 5 Goffs @ 06/22/16 06:30 PM
Let's see how long he stays healthy. Next up we should go after D12...lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

# 6 twebb5896 @ 06/22/16 09:14 PM
This would have been a great move in 2010 lol. What's up with the Knicks and getting point guards post-prime? It literally hasn't worked out once for them

# 7 jrose57 @ 06/22/16 09:28 PM
Ok, that's a bad idea...it's going be so fun using the team in 2k but in reality I just don't think it will work out...

# 8 coolcras7 @ 06/22/16 10:19 PM
Rose has a lot to play for this year, so if healthy he will push his body further than he did last season.

# 9 MoneyOvaHuds @ 06/22/16 10:34 PM
I'm really really sad , they should have just let him play out his contract . This hurt , the city is emotionally attached to Rose

# 10 justin23IU @ 06/22/16 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I'm really really sad , they should have just let him play out his contract . This hurt , the city is emotionally attached to Rose
Yeah, in 2012.

I'm a lifelong Bulls fan living in Chicago. No one I know is emotionally attached to him any more. The injuries, the weird comments, the poor play this year. It was time.

# 11 coolcras7 @ 06/22/16 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin23IU
Yeah, in 2012.

I'm a lifelong Bulls fan living in Chicago. No one I know is emotionally attached to him any more. The injuries, the weird comments, the poor play this year. It was time.
Yeah a lot of bulls fans a scum, to make fun of someone getting injured is low, yeah it his fault he got a eye injury during preseason that did not allow him to practice and had him seeing double for half the season, but whatever, I hope Chicago goes 54 years without winning about championship.

# 12 extremeskins04 @ 06/23/16 12:08 AM
I don't understand all the hoopla for Rose. He hasn't played a full year since 2010. Last year he played 66 games, had an average of 16 points per game, and like 4 assists per game.

He's not that good anymore and he's a walking hospital bed. Like, I don't get it. There are many PG's better. *shrug*

# 13 LorenzoDC @ 06/23/16 12:15 AM
As a Knicks fan, I hate the deal.

I pretty much agree with this:

Quote:
The trade of Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-round pick is straight-up garbage.
The Knicks had roughly half of a pretty good roster in 2015-16. The frontcourt of Lopez, Kristaps Porzingis and Carmelo Anthony was legitimately one of the best in the conference. Sure, they didn't have a starting-caliber guard, but the combination of Calderon, Grant, Langston Galloway and Lance Thomas could have formed a solid bench behind a better backcourt pair. There was at least a foundation to build on.

No longer. With one move, that half-a-team has been cut in half. Lopez, his solid all-around game and his extremely reasonable salary, are gone. Grant, who showed real promise toward the end of the season, is gone. Even Calderon, a deadly shooter and steady backcourt hand who was finally at the end of his contract, is gone.

# 14 Hustle Westbrook @ 06/23/16 12:46 AM
I'm sorry but Calderon was trash. "Steady backcourt hand" oh please lmao.

# 15 hear me now @ 06/23/16 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I don't understand all the hoopla for Rose. He hasn't played a full year since 2010. Last year he played 66 games, had an average of 16 points per game, and like 4 assists per game.

He's not that good anymore and he's a walking hospital bed. Like, I don't get it. There are many PG's better. *shrug*
Who that the Knicks could get? Mike Conley is the top free agent point guard.
They already tried to get Teague at the deadline.

# 16 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 06/23/16 12:58 AM

# 17 kabamaru @ 06/23/16 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
As a Knicks fan, I hate the deal.

I pretty much agree with this:
It's the same line-up that would never make it to the play-offs right?

# 18 BigDaddyHolmes @ 06/23/16 02:48 AM
Chicago really threw in the towel with this trade

# 19 R9NALD9 @ 06/23/16 03:10 AM
No! Damn you Chicago Bulls! Damn you!

# 20 DatIsraeliGuy @ 06/23/16 05:00 AM
Rose was my favorite player back in 2010-2011, i can't say I'm happy to see him go, because I'm not happy.
Bulls didn't even recieve a pick, they even gave one up, and got 3 players that just don't fit the Bulls even slighly. Calderon can't play D, Robin Lopez won't be an upgrade from Noah, and Jerian Grant? He will probably be released soon.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.