Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Ropie30 has posted this Madden NFL 17 video featuring the Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 therealsmallville @ 06/22/16 05:27 PM
I'm not as picky as most, but the punter just standing there after a blocked punt stands out like a sore thumb. But maybe it'll be addressed before release.

I like the lighting here...I hope you can have open roofs in CFM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 SolidSquid @ 06/22/16 05:38 PM
Little thing: hate seeing Jason Witten do a goofy dance TD celebration and spike the ball. Jason Witten isn't that guy. Give just celebration traits or something

Big thing: these blocked kicks are just bad. Punter takes the snap takes 8 steps in place waiting for the defender to get there and block it. Then he doesn't move once it's a live ball but I'll put that on the user having little awareness.

# 3 Americas Team @ 06/22/16 05:49 PM
I think the punter was under user control which is why he was just standing their. The new jukes look nice, the Jason Witten dance in the end zone made me cringe.

# 4 noplace @ 06/22/16 06:50 PM
Lol. If I see one more Redskins video without the Burgundy and Gold cleats I'm going to pull my hair out. Can anyone confirm they are in the game because I see other teams with primary and secondary color cleats. Maybe its just the default settings.. On another note the game looks very promising just needs lots of tuning. Player movement looks very arcade in this video.

# 5 veguss2001 @ 06/23/16 11:41 AM
Digging how the running game looks. Seems improved over last year.

# 6 undrafted @ 06/24/16 02:58 AM
It looks to me like #41 is celebrating the Redskins TD

# 7 SRuiz59 @ 06/24/16 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm not as picky as most, but the punter just standing there after a blocked punt stands out like a sore thumb. But maybe it'll be addressed before release.

I like the lighting here...I hope you can have open roofs in CFM.

it looks like he's user controlled though

# 8 sccavs64 @ 06/24/16 10:40 AM
I know it's early, but, I'm not impressed at all.

# 9 apollon42 @ 06/24/16 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
I know it's early, but, I'm not impressed at all.

It looks like 16. And I'm not giving them too much credit on the commentary, the commentary in every other sports games have been that good for years.

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 06/24/16 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
It looks like 16. And I'm not giving them too much credit on the commentary, the commentary in every other sports games have been that good for years.

Everyone who has played it says it plays nothing like 16, we'll find out once we actually get to play it. I trust Rex and the team 100% until they prove to me they can't be trusted.

# 11 sccavs64 @ 06/24/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Everyone who has played it says it plays nothing like 16, we'll find out once we actually get to play it. I trust Rex and the team 100% until they prove to me they can't be trusted.

Yeah I agree. Madden is one of those games where you really have to "feel it" with the controller. I'll reserve all judgement until I play my first game, but yeah it seemed like Madden 16 with an added ability to block punts.

# 12 jmurphy31 @ 06/24/16 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
It looks to me like #41 is celebrating the Redskins TD

This must be a bug. In another video I saw, the defender also was celebrating an opponents TD. Hopefully they fix it.

# 13 jpdavis82 @ 06/24/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This must be a bug. In another video I saw, the defender also was celebrating an opponents TD. Hopefully they fix it.

There were several bugs in the EA Play Build, I know the lineup intros were showing the same thing for every team and there's supposed to be several different animation poses used randomly.

# 14 jmurphy31 @ 06/24/16 12:25 PM
After watching more of these videos. I'm just not a fan of the starting line up screen. Especially with those poses (I think they are all the same, like the TE flexing,but I could be wrong). It looks like something that belongs on nfl street more than madden. I actually liked the previous ones.

# 15 seasprite @ 06/24/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
After watching more of these videos. I'm just not a fan of the starting line up screen. Especially with those poses (I think they are all the same, like the TE flexing,but I could be wrong). It looks like something that belongs on nfl street more than madden. I actually liked the previous ones.
I believe that it was stated in a DEV Tweet that this was a bug and that there are more intro starting line up screens.

# 16 jpdavis82 @ 06/24/16 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I believe that it was stated in a DEV Tweet that this was a bug and that there are more intro starting line up screens.

And in the post before his lol

# 17 jmurphy31 @ 06/24/16 12:45 PM
Quote:
And in the post before his lol

Usually what we see at e3 is what we get? Until we see varied ones, it's all we can go by. I've heard the "it's not the final version" line a few times in the past.

# 18 Don Figures @ 06/24/16 12:47 PM
Quote:

There paid to say or in order to keep their access to EA they will say its great.

Look, the game looks and animates 95% the same as 16. EA will sell us the same game until maybe the next gen system or somehow forced by competition to change.

# 19 bcruise @ 06/24/16 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Figures
There paid to say or in order to keep their access to EA they will say its great.

Look, the game looks and animates 95% the same as 16. EA will sell us the same game until maybe the next gen system or somehow forced by competition to change.
Game Changers aren't paid anything, they only had their travel accomodations paid for by EA to fly them down there.

# 20 jpdavis82 @ 06/24/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Game Changers aren't paid anything, they only had their travel accomodations paid for by EA to fly them down there.

Trust me they asked us at community events NOT to just say it's great, I was told that like 5-6 times while I was down there, be honest with us and tell us if you don't like and why you don't like something. There is way more negative/constructive feedback at events with GC's than positive. I assure you that.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.