Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 17 blog, as they take a behind the scenes look at the new gear and clothing creation process in this years game.

Quote:
Expanding our create-a-coach feature involved increasing the variety and quantity of head and clothing options. New to this year, we have represented a whole range of ethnicities, including Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, Samoan, Asian, and more. Trips across the nation were made with our Mobile Head Scanning Rig to scan heads of people who fit the look of a coach, old and young. These anonymous lucky people can truly say “they’re in the game!”

The visual quality improvements for the clothing of the coaches was powered by no other than a trivial Xbox 360 Kinect. That piece of hardware is capable of quickly providing a 3D scanned object, which we took full advantage of. We casted multiple co-workers with varying body types, wearing a closet full of unreleased Nike outfits for this project. By doing this, we increased the quantity and variety of clothing options by magnitudes over previous Maddens.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Kingd803 @ 07/01/16 01:37 PM
That was cool as hell. I love behind the scenes stuff. I wish madden would do it with everything. Like how they get animations and stuff.

# 2 Cowboy008 @ 07/01/16 03:12 PM
Looks like the created coaches will look just as good as the real NFL coaches.

# 3 therealsmallville @ 07/01/16 04:25 PM
I'm pretty excited to create a white dude, throw a short sleeve hoodie on him, and make him coach the Patriots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 BleedGreen710 @ 07/01/16 04:32 PM

wow!! that looks really good

# 5 Unlucky 13 @ 07/01/16 04:37 PM
That looks great. I'm really curious to see if we can change the clothes that the real coaches are wearing.

# 6 Datninja619 @ 07/01/16 05:44 PM
This blog was pretty awesome. More of these and videos are needed.

Seeing what a team does to create the end product can change ones perspective.

# 7 sir psycho @ 07/01/16 05:50 PM
Very cool. I'm pumped with how good that created coach looks, especially compared to last year.

# 8 Sparkles @ 07/01/16 06:00 PM
Any belichick lookalikes????

# 9 BEARYChi @ 07/01/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Any belichick lookalikes????
LMAO!!! "E...A... SPORTS PUT HIM IN THE GAME!!!!"

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
That looks great. I'm really curious to see if we can change the clothes that the real coaches are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 Unlucky 13 @ 07/02/16 09:42 AM
Thank you for sharing that. I'd missed that one. As a Dolphins fan, I might just create a fake Adam Gase then when I start mine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.