Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

MBL Network has posted their Madden NFL 17 4 Verts Podcast with the equipment guru himself, Dustin Smith. Lots of great information in here, especially for those of you that don't really understand the process and what happens behind the scenes, to get all of the equipment in the game. He also mentions why some items just don't make the cut (mouth pieces, for example).

Of note, Sean Payton is in (still no Bill Belichick). Patching in equipment isn't an option this year.

Quote:
The first part of a two part interview. We discuss Madden equipment with the guru himself, Dustin Smith. We talk about helmets, shoes and other equipment and how they end up in the game. Dustin explains why mouth pieces aren't there and what the outlook for it is down the road. We touch on the face scanning process and how EA goes about getting do it, and finish up with some talk about coaches and stadiums.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 PanthersFan89 @ 07/02/16 12:42 AM
NFL Coaches Association. The National Football League*Coaches Association (NFLCA) is a group ofcoaches in the National Football League (NFL). The only exception is Bill Belichick. During the 2011 NFLLockout, the NFLCA filed a brief in favor of the players.

Why? Because he hates the bureaucracy of the NFL upper management. Same reason he started wearing the cutoff hoodies when they wouldn't let him wear a suit because it wasn't made by Reebok

This is the reason why, Belichick is not in Madden.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

# 2 jpdavis82 @ 07/02/16 01:32 AM
UA Player Exclusive cleat was a late entry that they were able to "quickly" add into the game. It took 2-3 weeks to add that one cleat, just to give everyone an idea of how much time is involved in some of these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 Brooke2011 @ 07/02/16 02:26 AM
This was an excellent piece from Kane. This explained a lot and shows how much time goes into the littlest of details.

# 4 Kwarren3 @ 07/02/16 02:57 AM
I have a question that I hope Kane could answer. You mention how right now you can't patch in equipment post launch at least to your knowledge, do uniforms fall under those limitations as well? Or could new uniforms be added post launch if the higher ups decided to.

# 5 snc237 @ 07/02/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
I have a question that I hope Kane could answer. You mention how right now you can't patch in equipment post launch at least to your knowledge, do uniforms fall under those limitations as well? Or could new uniforms be added post launch if the higher ups decided to.
Normally ea has the new uniforms well before the season starts. However equipment in general could probably be patched in. Problem is it probably would take a lot of time to get everything in order to patch it in, so it saves a ton more time just putting it in during next years game.

# 6 SolidSquid @ 07/02/16 01:00 PM
I just hope equipment doesn't go untouched for the next umpteen years

# 7 Grey_Osprey @ 07/02/16 07:43 PM
I was playing while attempting to listen to part 1, but I don't recall any discussion regarding uniforms as it relates relocation/owners mode. Any insight into being able to design our own uniforms, logos, team names, and "rebrand" teams like what NBA2K offers? And if not, can someone elaborate as to why not (code, CFM restrictions, NFL rules, etc,).

# 8 Reed1417 @ 07/02/16 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
I was playing while attempting to listen to part 1, but I don't recall any discussion regarding uniforms as it relates relocation/owners mode. Any insight into being able to design our own uniforms, logos, team names, and "rebrand" teams like what NBA2K offers? And if not, can someone elaborate as to why not (code, CFM restrictions, NFL rules, etc,).
Remember the NFL has a lot of say as to certain things within their game. So we may never see a full rebrand set up like 2k for Madden.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 9 Grey_Osprey @ 07/02/16 08:22 PM
Yea, I'm trying to keep in mind the NFL is probably more restrictive than the NBA, but at the same time, they did approve the relocation cities, team names, and uniforms that already exist, so the NFL can't be THAT anal. I don't think it's a stretch to say that some of the relocation team names/uni's could use some improvement. At the very least, if we can't design our own, maybe they could let us choose from all the team names/uni's and mix and match to our liking.

# 10 ChristonKirby @ 07/04/16 05:45 AM
player models, run animations, sidelines, and colors is what i want fixed for next year (of corse equipment again lol)

# 11 T4VERTS @ 07/05/16 10:30 PM
We will be releasing part 2 of the interview tomorrow. We get into ratings, how they are made, and what the new OVR system means.

# 12 jpdavis82 @ 07/05/16 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
We will be releasing part 2 of the interview tomorrow. We get into ratings, how they are made, and what the new OVR system means.

Excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 T4VERTS @ 07/06/16 08:34 AM

# 14 roadman @ 07/06/16 09:27 AM
Another great interview.

Sounds like ratings will be more spread out on the OVR's and that is encouraging.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.