Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

With the news that Arian Foster signed a 1 year deal with the Miami Dolphins, the Madden NFL 17 team wasted no time uploading some screenshots of him in his new gear. The screenshots show a glimpse of the renovations in the stadium as well.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 reverend_heat @ 07/18/16 05:53 PM
I know the horse has been beaten to death, but without the mouthguard it simply isn't Arian Foster. Tats would help a lot to

# 2 Steve_OS @ 07/18/16 07:12 PM
Added a few more via their Facebook page.

# 3 brandon27 @ 07/18/16 07:35 PM
Awesome! Hope they brighten up the underside of the roof in the stadium though. It's white. I get that it's shadowing and all, but it really shouldnt be that dark probably. Oh well, glad they got the reno's in though!

# 4 huskerfan4life @ 07/18/16 07:35 PM
this is totally awesome that they could do this so fast and boy does he look good in the Dolphin colors maybe he can help improve the team and help them to the playoffs

# 5 mrprice33 @ 07/18/16 08:46 PM
I'm a Dolphins fan and...

ugh. This signing.

# 6 msdm27 @ 07/18/16 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33

ugh. This signing.
Mmm what's NOT to like about the signing? Good flyer on a veteran with pro-bowl ceiling, major health questions though.

The Dolphins depth chart at RB is laughable though, so there is only upside to this move. And I hope the argument against the signing is not giving playing time to Ayayi and/or younger players because, well, real life is different than Madden so there is no point in playing younger dudes to "develop them" if they haven't shown anything in practice or limited playing.

Why do you dislike the move?

# 7 SolidSquid @ 07/18/16 10:45 PM
Quote:

ugh. This signing.
I like Foster but he just cannot stay healthy. What's up with Jay Ajai?

# 8 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/18/16 10:51 PM
Well the Phins new HC has been raving about Ajayi all off season. So not sure what some of you are talking about...

# 9 mrprice33 @ 07/18/16 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Mmm what's NOT to like about the signing? Good flyer on a veteran with pro-bowl ceiling, major health questions though.

The Dolphins depth chart at RB is laughable though, so there is only upside to this move. And I hope the argument against the signing is not giving playing time to Ayayi and/or younger players because, well, real life is different than Madden so there is no point in playing younger dudes to "develop them" if they haven't shown anything in practice or limited playing.

Why do you dislike the move?
It's a waste. He has major injury concerns (25 games played in the last 3 seasons) and is going to turn 30 before the season starts.

Aside from that, the team is not good enough for him to be the missing piece, even if he was guaranteed to remain a productive player. This isn't a contending roster. They also drafted Drake this year and Ajayi last year, and not giving those guys an opportunity to play is stupid. Why draft them if you were going to put an over-the-hill vet in their way?

And, in terms of upside. So let's say he has a good year, and the Dolphins go 6-10 instead of the 4-12 they should go. They would be stupid to sign him to a long-term deal, so he weakens the team by putting them in the middle of the pack instead of getting a high draft pick and then leaves and goes somewhere else? Why?

# 10 mrprice33 @ 07/19/16 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I like Foster but he just cannot stay healthy. What's up with Jay Ajai?
I mean...he's there, I guess?

The RB group is all guys who have been injured recently, so I guess the idea is just to throw guys at it until it sticks. This just feels like Knowshon Moreno to me, a guy who played in like 3 games with the Dolphins before being out of the league.

I get it, RB is fungible, but I would have liked to see them stick with what they had and pick up a guy later in the season if necessary.

# 11 R9NALD9 @ 07/19/16 01:45 AM
I'm not a Dolphins fan...but every time I see that logo a small piece of me dies inside...

# 12 CM Hooe @ 07/19/16 02:22 AM
TIL Arian Foster signed with the Dolphins. When did that happen?

# 13 Armor and Sword @ 07/19/16 07:49 AM
Quote:
It's a waste. He has major injury concerns (25 games played in the last 3 seasons) and is going to turn 30 before the season starts.

Aside from that, the team is not good enough for him to be the missing piece, even if he was guaranteed to remain a productive player. This isn't a contending roster. They also drafted Drake this year and Ajayi last year, and not giving those guys an opportunity to play is stupid. Why draft them if you were going to put an over-the-hill vet in their way?

And, in terms of upside. So let's say he has a good year, and the Dolphins go 6-10 instead of the 4-12 they should go. They would be stupid to sign him to a long-term deal, so he weakens the team by putting them in the middle of the pack instead of getting a high draft pick and then leaves and goes somewhere else? Why?
Steven Ross is a joke of an owner. Always seems to have a make splash signing (Mike Wallace, Branden Albert, Suh) so this year even though it is a small one year deal...it's a name. He has pissed on the tradition of this team ever since he got here. The atmosphere at the stadium is so bad. So contrived and phony.

The team is dreadful. It's been painful being a Dolphin fan for the last 17 years. Horrible product on the field. Games are painful, the quality of our teams play pure garbage. Not being able to ever get a true franchise QB since Marino has been the black hole of this team (and any other team in the league for that matter). It's a QB league unless you have a 2000 Ravens defense.

If you grew up a Dolphins fan like have since 1975.....this has been a dark dark time. Just all around suckage.

We will be lucky to win 8 games this year. Our secondary is going to be brutal, our OL still a huge question mark, and of course IMO I have seen more than enough of Tannehill to know he is not a top tier QB who can lead a team to a title.
Half the sacks he takes are on him. He has almost zero pocket presence and bad foot work. For a guy who is a great athlete and has speed and scrambling ability....he takes a ton of sacks. His sense of pressure is like that of someone just learning the position.....oh wait he is. Expecting a guy who had limited experience as a QB in college to come into the greatest collection of football players in the world (NFL) and learn on the job is futile.

Dolphins fan rant over. We suck.

# 14 ednaaard @ 07/19/16 09:45 AM
Ryan Tannheill isn't bad enough to get them anywhere near able to draft a player with a higher ceiling than him to replace him, but not good enough to ever take them to glory.

Laremy Tunsil was an absolute steal, though. Perhaps this helps him a little. It was inexplicable not giving Lamar Miller the load he deserved, too. Weird franchise.

# 15 rjcoco @ 07/19/16 10:28 AM
How do we get this renovation in its first year, yet Lincoln Financial Stadium in Philly still has the Spectrum in the background that has been demolished since 2010?

# 16 brandon27 @ 07/19/16 12:11 PM
Quote:

ugh. This signing.

Personally, I feel the opposite about it.

Jay Ajayi is an injury concern himself with his knee problems. Drake is injury prone as well by the looks of things. Both are unproven, and very young and inexperienced. A veteran presence in the RB room was needed.

If Foster stays healthy, which Miami obviously is banking on with their focus sports science and injury management, it's a no brainer. All three backs now have similar skillsets, zone runners, receiving ability, Gase loves his RB's to be able to be receivers out of the backfield, and all (at least Ajayi and foster) are capable of playing on all three downs.

Top it off, with a 1.5m contract, with up to 3 or so in incentives. Even if he gets hurt, you're not hurting the team financially and under the cap.

I don't have any issues with the move at all for Miami. If they signed him for 4 years, and 25 million, then yeah... I'd be shaking my head saying same old Dolphins. I don't see the issue with this move.

# 17 Gilley @ 07/19/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcoco
How do we get this renovation in its first year, yet Lincoln Financial Stadium in Philly still has the Spectrum in the background that has been demolished since 2010?
Are you being serious? You can't even compare those two things.

# 18 msdm27 @ 07/19/16 12:19 PM
It looks like some people want their favorite NFL teams to be run as if it were Madden, or even the NBA with regards to tanking. "Yeah, we only got low OVR players... Let's just play the younger players so that they gain XP and we're better next year".

In the NFL, anything can happen and giving big roles to young guys just because they are young would be stupid.

Yeah, they drafted Drake and Ayayi but if they haven't seem enough or feel like they need more depth, of course they need to bring guys with experience in. A football team also needs to try and put a decent product out, and if the best argument for playing the younger guys is their youth, then you are probably looking at it from a video game perspective.

Acting as if 6-10 is the same as 8-8 only with a better draft pick is too simplistic in the realm of reality, these are dudes putting their health on the line, so obviously a team should and would put their best effort towards winning as many games as possible, and if young players don't provide that (at least in the eyes of the team) then obviously they need to bring more veteran (and cheap) salary.

# 19 mrprice33 @ 07/19/16 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
It looks like some people want their favorite NFL teams to be run as if it were Madden, or even the NBA with regards to tanking. "Yeah, we only got low OVR players... Let's just play the younger players so that they gain XP and we're better next year".

In the NFL, anything can happen and giving big roles to young guys just because they are young would be stupid.

Yeah, they drafted Drake and Ayayi but if they haven't seem enough or feel like they need more depth, of course they need to bring guys with experience in. A football team also needs to try and put a decent product out, and if the best argument for playing the younger guys is their youth, then you are probably looking at it from a video game perspective.

Acting as if 6-10 is the same as 8-8 only with a better draft pick is too simplistic in the realm of reality, these are dudes putting their health on the line, so obviously a team should and would put their best effort towards winning as many games as possible, and if young players don't provide that (at least in the eyes of the team) then obviously they need to bring more veteran (and cheap) salary.
No, it's in terms of what the team has already invested in those players. If you draft a position in 2 straight drafts, you should be prepared to play the players you've drafted, that you've spent draft picks on, NOT to insert an older, injury-prone player above them. You can't see what Drake or Ajayi can provide if Arian Foster is taking half their carries.

And yes, if I want my team to be better, I would rather them go 6-10 than 8-8. The Colts, as one example, could have signed a stop-gap QB the year they got the #1 overall pick. Instead, they rolled with Curtis freaking Painter and got Andrew Luck.

# 20 msdm27 @ 07/19/16 01:23 PM
Quote:
No, it's in terms of what the team has already invested in those players. If you draft a position in 2 straight drafts, you should be prepared to play the players you've drafted, that you've spent draft picks on, NOT to insert an older, injury-prone player above them. You can't see what Drake or Ajayi can provide if Arian Foster is taking half their carries.

And yes, if I want my team to be better, I would rather them go 6-10 than 8-8. The Colts, as one example, could have signed a stop-gap QB the year they got the #1 overall pick. Instead, they rolled with Curtis freaking Painter and got Andrew Luck.
I'm not gonna harp on this longer because it seems to me you are purely looking at this as a fan. Bottom line: the move makes sense from a football standpoint.

Having invested two picks on consecutive drafts on one position doesn't force a team to play those players if they are not sure they would produce/make them better. The Patriots drafted Malcolm Brown in the 1st last year, then drafted Valentine in the 3rd this year and still went and signed Knighton, Kuhn and Kearse... And again, no team knows how many games they would win until the season is well underway so the "Pats are contenders" argument doesn't really work.

If the coaches themselves haven't seen enough from Ayayi or Drake in OTA's, the team should definitely go get other players (who they are is another issue). Washington, for example, feels comfortable with Matt Jones as RB and did not feel the need to bring in someone like Foster who would fit their scheme. It is al about how good you feel about your players, regardless of their time in the league.

Regarding the draft position, again if yu want to look at it purely as a fan that is cool, but it would be insane for ANY team to go into a year not trying to achieve the best possible record

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.