Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just released a new NHL 17 gameplay video giving fans a first look at what's new in EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL). Watch the video here and read the blog here.

Quote:
See how you can take your EASHL team to the next level and build your brand by completing games, and leveling up your player and team to unlock customization items. In the most competitive and customizable EASHL ever, you can give your players, team and uniforms a unique look or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted.

NHL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GrandMaster B @ 07/19/16 01:20 PM
Awesome!!! They really made some great improvements for EASHL.

# 2 BigDisk @ 07/19/16 01:50 PM
Holy sh!t. They actually improved that mode by leaps and bounds. Loving all of those improvements. Can't wait.

They really should release EASHL as a free to play, stand-alone, game though. They could make their money selling player skins and arenas / other premium cosmetic like all other eSports games do (DOTA / lol / HotS...)

Good stuff anyways.

# 3 chrisphil1724 @ 07/19/16 02:06 PM
HOLY ****, you can pick forward, D-man or Goalie BEFORE you join a drop-in lobby. I've been asking for this for 5 years!

# 4 snc237 @ 07/19/16 02:13 PM
All I want is gameface. Take NBA lives and insert into NHL

# 5 jyoung @ 07/19/16 05:04 PM
Quote:
Reduced Grace Period Before the Game Counts – Once the puck drops the game is officially on! Any teams that quit as this point earns a loss, while the team still playing earns the win.
Suck it down, 19th minute quitters.

# 6 Simple Mathematics @ 07/19/16 07:03 PM
Really cool stuff for the EASHL community. I'm excited for you guys.

Here's to hoping that they bring all of this customization to offline play as well. I'd love to create jerseys and arenas - and not just when I relocate a team in Franchise Mode.

# 7 BlacknBlue @ 07/19/16 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Suck it down, 19th minute quitters.

Yeah, but now if you start a game and find out your opponent is hosting and it is laggy as hell you are stuck playing it or forced to take the loss and quit.

# 8 BlacknBlue @ 07/19/16 07:29 PM
I like a lot of the OTP changes. It remains to be seen if they actually work as detailed in this blog, however.

I do worry about the goalies quitting in OTP and the "backup" CPU goalie being worse (something that is much needed, IMO) resulting in the entire team quitting most of the time, now. I still think that if you quit a game early that you shouldn't be allowed to join another game until that first game you quit out of finishes. But they would never do that.

I do like the booting of a-holes in OTP, though. And limiting teams to 1 pause of 30 seconds each, even though it should be no pauses and they should make it so that you can call your timeout without having to hard pause the game.

# 9 sinbin74 @ 07/19/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Yeah, but now if you start a game and find out your opponent is hosting and it is laggy as hell you are stuck playing it or forced to take the loss and quit.
They said they're putting in a connection strength meter. You'll know before the game starts if the connection is bad.

# 10 BlacknBlue @ 07/19/16 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin74
They said they're putting in a connection strength meter. You'll know before the game starts if the connection is bad.
I couldn't tell if that was pertaining to OTP or EASHL. And it doesn't say if the bar is for all players or what. Because it supposedly still randomizes who hosts the game and who is home and away.

# 11 jyoung @ 07/19/16 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
I couldn't tell if that was pertaining to OTP or EASHL. And it doesn't say if the bar is for all players or what. Because it supposedly still randomizes who hosts the game and who is home and away.
OTP and EASHL both use dedicated servers. You're connecting to EA's NA East server, NA West server, or European server.

The only modes in NHL that use peer-to-peer client-side hosting are OVP and HUT.

# 12 BlacknBlue @ 07/19/16 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
OTP and EASHL both use dedicated servers. You're connecting to EA's NA East server, NA West server, or European server.

The only modes in NHL that use peer-to-peer client-side hosting are OVP and HUT.
Ok, thanks. But why the mention of needing to know the connection strength then? I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand everything.

# 13 Hockeynut99 @ 07/19/16 09:14 PM
So I guess you can come out of the Sharks head again? Nice! Now a five man hug and I am set! Still wish the puck was less magnetic.

# 14 Fraser G. @ 07/20/16 10:15 AM
I didn't expect to be this impressed. Looking good!

# 15 FerranteCesare2 @ 07/25/16 01:10 PM
My only real wish, fix the user controlled goalie. They ruined it this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.