Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 ratings have begun. Today, EA Sports has revealed the top 10 rookies in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Jalen Ramsey (Overall 82)
  • Ezekiel Elliott (Overall 80)
  • Ronnie Stanley (Overall 79)
  • Roberto Aguayo (Overall 79)
  • Joey Bosa (Overall 79)
  • Laremy Tunsil (Overall 78)
  • Jack Conklin (Overall 79)
  • Corey Coleman (Overall 78)
  • Hunter Henry (Overall 78)
  • DeForest Buckner (Overall 78)
UPDATE: ESPN has posted quite a few more Madden NFL 17 rookie ratings. Thanks for the tip @Jiggy_Jrod!!
  • Jared Goff (Overall 77)
  • Carson Wentz (Overall 77)
  • Josh Doctson (Overall 77)
  • Myles Jack (Overall 76)
  • Leonard Floyd (Overall 76)
  • Jaylon Smith (Overall 76)
  • Laquon Treadwell (Overall 75)
  • Will Fuller (Overall 74)
  • C.J. Promise (Overall 74)
  • Braxton Miller (Overall 71)

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 kehlis @ 07/20/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
There are plenty of exceptional players in the NFL that are worth being 90+. Numerous elite players at each position which would quickly balloon the number to what I suppose would be considered "too much."

The "better than 90+" is a presumption based on past Madden's.

Real athletes arent graded on a straight 1-99 rating but video game athletes have to have a rating.

The more spread out the better.

Too many in the 90's just dilutes top talent with mid level talent.

# 42 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/20/16 07:16 PM
I am happy with these so far. And what is even better now? We can always edit ratings down on draft classes for those that come in way too high. Going to be a great year of madden man.

# 43 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 07/20/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The "better than 90+" is a presumption based on past Madden's.

Real athletes arent graded on a straight 1-99 rating but video game athletes have to have a rating.

The more spread out the better.

Too many in the 90's just dilutes top talent with mid level talent.
Totally agree. Hoping the rating will be more like Fifa.

# 44 Godgers12 @ 07/20/16 09:00 PM
Aguayo only 92 KPW rofl. I feel sorry for Bucs fans who were looking forward to having a 2nd round player they wouldn't be looking to replace after a year. Such a wasted pick.

# 45 KANE699 @ 07/20/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Aguayo only 92 KPW rofl. I feel sorry for Bucs fans who were looking forward to having a 2nd round player they wouldn't be looking to replace after a year. Such a wasted pick.
He's incredibly accurate, you do realize how long a field goal you can make with 92 right?

# 46 goillini03 @ 07/20/16 09:28 PM
When will the rest of the ratings be released? I am interested to see how the ratings impact gameplay, and how they change through yearly progression. QBs in the class will be my focus.

# 47 Godgers12 @ 07/20/16 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
He's incredibly accurate, you do realize how long a field goal you can make with 92 right?
Except accuracy has never meant anything in Madden. And I like my K's to be able to drill 60 yarders when the time comes.

# 48 kehlis @ 07/20/16 09:35 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Except accuracy has never meant anything in Madden. And I like my K's to be able to drill 60 yarders when the time comes.
Most here prefer realism but it's okay because if you want to make a kick on demand there are difficulty levels and sliders you can adjust to ensure you are able to.

# 49 Steve_OS @ 07/20/16 09:36 PM
Just updated the OP w/ some more rookie ratings via ESPN.

# 50 Godgers12 @ 07/20/16 09:41 PM
Quote:
Most here prefer realism but it's okay because if you want to make a kick on demand there are difficulty levels and sliders you can adjust to ensure you are able to.
Accuracy has never meant anything in Madden. For as long as I can remember if you had a 97+ KPW K 58+ yarders were easy. I wish ACC meant something, but until I see a poor acc K miss one BECAUSE of his ACC, then I'm going to assume it once again means very little. I would love for K's who have poor accuracy to miss FGs even after perfecting the meter. In the old NCAA games a poor K would slice the ball left or right even with a perfect meter, that's what Madden needs to implement imo.

# 51 jb12780 @ 07/20/16 09:42 PM
You can easily edit those ratings.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 52 kehlis @ 07/20/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Accuracy has never meant anything in Madden. For as long as I can remember if you had a 97+ KPW K 58+ yarders were easy. I wish ACC meant something, but until I see a poor acc K miss one BECAUSE of his ACC, then I'm going to assume it once again means very little. I would love for K's who have poor accuracy to miss FGs even after perfecting the meter. In the old NCAA games a poor K would slice the ball left or right even with a perfect meter, that's what Madden needs to implement imo.
I also didn't say anything that either agreed or disagreed.

In one post your basically criticizing the pick the of the real life team which has nothing to do with Madden and then in the next you admit you want to be able to kick an automatic 60 yarder at will.

My point was that at this site what you want to have is vastly in the minority, for years people have mentioned they would love for accuracy to be more difficult.

# 53 The JareBear @ 07/20/16 09:50 PM
Paxton Lynch is a 74, here is the paragraph from that article regarding the QBs

----------------------------------------------

Even after they've retired and moved on from their football careers, Goff and Wentz will be connected and compared to each other. It's no different in Madden. Goff, the No. 1 pick by the Rams, and Wentz, the Eagles' pick at No. 2, enter their rookie seasons with identical 77 overall ratings. In fact, they have the same rating in 20 other categories. There are a few differences, however. While Goff edges Wentz in strength rating, Wentz has caught the Madden crew's attention as the superior runner, receiving higher marks in speed, agility, carrying, jumping, trucking (by a long shot) and elusiveness (also by a long shot), among other categories. Goff received higher passing ratings. Meanwhile, Denver's Paxton Lynch, the other quarterback taken in the first round, has a 74 overall rating.

# 54 goillini03 @ 07/20/16 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Paxton Lynch is a 74, here is the paragraph from that article regarding the QBs

----------------------------------------------

Even after they've retired and moved on from their football careers, Goff and Wentz will be connected and compared to each other. It's no different in Madden. Goff, the No. 1 pick by the Rams, and Wentz, the Eagles' pick at No. 2, enter their rookie seasons with identical 77 overall ratings. In fact, they have the same rating in 20 other categories. There are a few differences, however. While Goff edges Wentz in strength rating, Wentz has caught the Madden crew's attention as the superior runner, receiving higher marks in speed, agility, carrying, jumping, trucking (by a long shot) and elusiveness (also by a long shot), among other categories. Goff received higher passing ratings. Meanwhile, Denver's Paxton Lynch, the other quarterback taken in the first round, has a 74 overall rating.
Great find. Happy to see Wentz as a 77. Lynch could turn into a beast if you can progress him correctly!

# 55 The JareBear @ 07/20/16 09:55 PM
Braxton Miller is 90+ in speed agility and accel

# 56 goillini03 @ 07/20/16 09:58 PM
Quote:
Braxton Miller is 90+ in speed agility and accel
Just caught him down there too. Myles Jack and Jalen Ramseyboth being rated highly. I am not a Jags fan, but that could be a cool D to user.

# 57 The JareBear @ 07/20/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Just caught him down there too. Myles Jack and Jalen Ramseyboth being rated highly. I am not a Jags fan, but that could be a cool D to user.
Yah Jags are definitrly looking like a fun madden team this year

# 58 redsox4evur @ 07/20/16 10:00 PM
Quote:
Yah Jags are definitrly looking like a fun madden team this year
Welcome to the bandwagon. I am your engineer Redsox4evur.

# 59 Godgers12 @ 07/20/16 10:07 PM
Quote:
I also didn't say anything that either agreed or disagreed.

In one post your basically criticizing the pick the of the real life team which has nothing to do with Madden and then in the next you admit you want to be able to kick an automatic 60 yarder at will.

My point was that at this site what you want to have is vastly in the minority, for years people have mentioned they would love for accuracy to be more difficult.
I never said I wanted to be able to kick 60 yarders at will, that's just the way it's always been with high kpw K's.

# 60 redsox4evur @ 07/20/16 10:09 PM
Quote:
I never said I wanted to be able to kick 60 yarders at will, that's just the way it's always been with high kpw K's.
This is what you said:And I like my K's to be able to drill 60 yarders when the time comes.

I can understand that line of thinking from Kehlis.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.