Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 quarterbacks in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Aaron Rodgers (Overall 96)
  • Cam Newton (Overall 94)
  • Tom Brady (Overall 94)
  • Ben Roethlisberger (Overall 93)
  • Russell Wilson (Overall 91)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 The JareBear @ 07/21/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Randy Moss was on the mid 2000s Raiders. That is like football purgatory. If he went to any decent quarterback situation he would have been dominant. Wes Welker was still Wes Welker with Manning his first year and then the concussions took their toll on him. Wes Welker had declining Peyton Manning and was just on the Rams while everyone knows he should stop playing. Ben Watson was on the Randy Moss/Wes Welker Patriots and then went to the Cleveland Browns and then was sitting behind Jimmy Graham. He finally gets to start for the Saints and he puts up pretty good numbers again. That's probably because of Drew Brees of course, but the point with my list was that these weren't bottom of the barrel players he's used. He's had high to good picks in the draft for receivers to work with like Manning. I say this as a person who prefers Brady to Manning because I feel his offensive circumstances were overall less favorable than Peyton's, but pretending he made all his receivers is a bit much. A great QB elevates his players, and Aaron Rodgers elevated bad to mediocre this past year.
Also, I don't think just being a high draft pick, alone, makes a player good.

# 62 Mauer4MVP @ 07/21/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Not sure that's what I said.

I said look at what Moss was doing RIGHT before, and RIGHT after Brady.

Moss is one of my favorite players of all time, I think it is pretty clear that his production was waning a little after he set the league on fire to start his career and Brady helped jumpstart him again for a few years.
And Moss helped jumpstart Brady when he got there as well. It went both ways. If it weren't for him, Brady may have always been a 26/12 TD/INT ratio type of guy.

Who knows.

I do agree that Brady has made players better, but I just think grouping Moss in the Welker group isn't fair to Moss' greatness.

# 63 Yazan Gable @ 07/21/16 04:13 PM
I was disputing the idea that they made no-name players great. They had plenty of players who were expected or known to be good. They weren't street free agents from the bottom of the barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing7
You seem to be forgetting Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Stokely. Decker is a good player but Manning certainly inflated his stats and got him that contract. Same with DT as well (I'm a Broncos fan btw).

Brady had Moss for one good season. You're leaving out players like Troy Brown, Welker and Edlemen.

Do you want to keep rattling off draft positions of players over the past 15 years or maybe admit that Brady and Manning were consistently the best regardless of what talent surrounded them (which they have had a fair amount at times). Or I guess we can make excuses for Rodgers when he had Adams (pick #53), Cobb (pick #64) and Lacy (pick #61) for most of the year.
I disputed that they were no-name players. And I did not say Brady and Manning were bad at any point. Aaron Rodgers had a bad situation he was playing in and he still made them look decent.

# 64 jwing7 @ 07/21/16 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Personally, I think Adams, Cobb, and Lacy are all insanely overrated.
Me as well but I was just matching his logic on draft positions. No reason to list players like Addai and Ben Watson when talking about talent.

# 65 Mauer4MVP @ 07/21/16 04:15 PM
Let's just put it like this: New England, Green Bay, and Indianapolis have all been insanely lucky. Bledsoe to Brady. Favre to Rodgers. Manning to Luck.

Look at my Vikings. We haven't had a QB of that caliber since Culpepper and that was short lived. Just take comfort in the fact that you've all lucked into having back to back franchise type QBs (Bledsoe is a tier below obviously but still good).

# 66 Yazan Gable @ 07/21/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing7
Me as well but I was just matching his logic on draft positions. No reason to list players like Addai and Ben Watson when talking about talent.
I can see how that may be difficult when you don't understand I am not talking about their talent but about the idea that they took street free agents and undrafted players and made them into stars (no-names.)

# 67 Yazan Gable @ 07/21/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
Let's just put it like this: New England, Green Bay, and Indianapolis have all been insanely lucky. Bledsoe to Brady. Favre to Rodgers. Manning to Luck.

Look at my Vikings. We haven't had a QB of that caliber since Culpepper and that was short lived. Just take comfort in the fact that you've all lucked into having back to back franchise type QBs (Bledsoe is a tier below obviously but still good).
I'm a Bears fan, we went from Grossman to Cutler. Hardly luck. And you have Teddy Bridgewater who is a phenomenal quarterback who last year was gimped by his offensive scheme, offensive line and receivers.

# 68 The JareBear @ 07/21/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
And Moss helped jumpstart Brady when he got there as well. It went both ways. If it weren't for him, Brady may have always been a 26/12 TD/INT ratio type of guy.

Who knows.

I do agree that Brady has made players better, but I just think grouping Moss in the Welker group isn't fair to Moss' greatness.
Brady has gone over 34+ TDs in 5 different seasons since the Moss years.

The relationship was clearly mutually beneficial, not sure why you are so defensive about what I said.

# 69 DanB_DanB @ 07/21/16 04:18 PM
Are we still complaining about Brady not being a higher overall?
99 Awareness, 98 short AND medium accuracy.. seems about right. Only reason his OVR isnt as high is because his athleticism and throw on run is not that great, both in real life and in Madden. It's not always about "OMG his overall isnt 99, this is BS, madden sucks at rating guys." IMO he is quite correctly rated. His 84 deep accuracy might be a little low, but judging by the amount the Pats offense is designed to go deep (not much) I am totally fine with that rating.

# 70 The JareBear @ 07/21/16 04:18 PM
Quote:
I can see how that may be difficult when you don't understand I am not talking about their talent but about the idea that they took street free agents and undrafted players and made them into stars (no-names.)
I concede that I was wrong about Ben Watson. I didn't realize the year he just had in NO, and the other circumstances surrounding his career.

# 71 Mauer4MVP @ 07/21/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Brady has gone over 34+ TDs in 5 different seasons since the Moss years.

The relationship was clearly mutualy beneficial, not sure why you are so defensive about what I said.
I'm not defensive at all. And yes that's my point. Up to that great year, Brady had 0 seasons over 30 tds and 1 over 4000 yards. If it weren't for Moss, the Patriots may have never changed their approach.

I think it's fair to mention that.

# 72 jwing7 @ 07/21/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
I was disputing the idea that they made no-name players great. They had plenty of players who were expected or known to be good. They weren't street free agents from the bottom of the barrel.
I disputed that they were no-name players. And I did not say Brady and Manning were bad at any point. Aaron Rodgers had a bad situation he was playing in and he still made them look decent.
So Edlemen and Welker were can't miss prospects? Julius Thomas was a mid round project that benefited from Manning.

Rodgers is great. I just disagreed with you when you stated that Brady would've done worse with Rodgers cast last year.

# 73 Mauer4MVP @ 07/21/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
I'm a Bears fan, we went from Grossman to Cutler. Hardly luck. And you have Teddy Bridgewater who is a phenomenal quarterback who last year was gimped by his offensive scheme, offensive line and receivers.
I like Teddy and think he has a chance to be top 10 (bottom top 10) and I agree that those reasons hindered his performance, but he does have some question marks. Definitely better than Ponder or T-Jack.

# 74 Yazan Gable @ 07/21/16 04:23 PM
Quote:
I like Teddy and think he has a chance to be top 10 (bottom top 10) and I agree that those reasons hindered his performance, but he does have some question marks. Definitely better than Ponder or T-Jack.
Doesn't have a cannon arm but then again Brady also has bad deep accuracy and throws floaters downfield and does perfectly fine. Sooner they decide to move away from catering to AP's needs on offense the sooner your team is contending for a Super Bowl with that defense and improved offensive line, honestly. It's why I get annoyed seeing Matt Stafford and Andy Dalton rated so highly and Rivers/Bridgewater/Mariota considered worse despite them being in horrific offensive situations.

# 75 bears1387 @ 07/21/16 04:24 PM
For having an equipment upgrade, sleeves still look awful when the elbow is bent...

# 76 The JareBear @ 07/21/16 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bears1387
For having an equipment upgrade, sleeves still look awful when the elbow is bent...
Yeah I noticed that too.

# 77 roadman @ 07/21/16 04:37 PM
2nd round RB is over rated with the first two seasons with over 1000yds?

Sounds about right. lol

# 78 Yazan Gable @ 07/21/16 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
2nd round RB is over rated with the first two seasons with over 1000yds?

Sounds about right. lol
He's good when he isn't obese.

# 79 The JareBear @ 07/21/16 04:40 PM
I really like Russ. It seems like he makes me say "WOW" after an incredible play more often than any QB I watch regularly.

He and Cam are gonna be nasty as ever this year! In the game, at least.

# 80 The JareBear @ 07/21/16 05:07 PM
Last year did WR or HB follow the QB reveal?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.