Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 quarterbacks in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Aaron Rodgers (Overall 96)
  • Cam Newton (Overall 94)
  • Tom Brady (Overall 94)
  • Ben Roethlisberger (Overall 93)
  • Russell Wilson (Overall 91)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 Mauer4MVP @ 07/21/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Steven Jackson, Roger Craig, Franco Harris, Warrick Dunn, Marcus Allen, eetc.. averaged 4.1 yds per carry for their career and a few of those are HOF RB's.

And McCarthy sat him down for fumbling last year too.

Some Packer fans don't make up the whole fanbase.

And he is being over rated from a Viking fan, clearly non-biased and I get it.

No need to go any further on this, it's going OT.
Comparing players 40 years apart based on stats isn't apples to apples.

Lacy is okay, just overrated in Wisconsin (where I live). His YPC ranks among rbs year by year: 23rd, 11th, and 28th. Those aren't great rankings. Now obviously there is more that goes into being a rb, but I'm just saying.

# 102 extremeskins04 @ 07/21/16 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
And you would lose.
How do you figure? And please try to give a non-packer fan biased response?

What has history shown you?

# 103 gr18 @ 07/21/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
How do you figure? And please try to give a non-packer fan biased response?

What has history shown you?
I'd go with Peyton Manning.He was the most successful last year because his team won the Superbowl.Really difficult to use that one game scenario when factoring in all the variables that go along with it.

# 104 extremeskins04 @ 07/21/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'd go with Peyton Manning.He was the most successful last year because his team won the Superbowl.Really difficult to use that one game scenario when factoring in all the variables that go along with it.
So the statement was made regarding one of the posters said he would take Brady over any other QB in a one-game scenario, then Godgers12 said "And you would lose".

And I said "How do you figure?"

No one said anything about Peyton Manning in these recent posts we were talking in, but again, we're not talking about team effort, we're talking about QB's being successful and Peyton was a bit of a disgrace last year. I'm sure most would agree. I'm also pretty sure most would agree that the Denver defense was the concrete reason they did so well toward the latter part of the year, playoffs and the Super Bowl. In fact, the Denver defense was downright dominant.

So to Godgers12, with that being said, why would Tom Brady lose in a one-game scenario? What gives you the idea that he would lose in a one-game scenario?

# 105 gr18 @ 07/21/16 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So the statement was made regarding one of the posters said he would take Brady over any other QB in a one-game scenario, then Godgers12 said "And you would lose".

And I said "How do you figure?"

No one said anything about Peyton Manning in these recent posts we were talking in, but again, we're not talking about team effort, we're talking about QB's being successful and Peyton was a bit of a disgrace last year. I'm sure most would agree. I'm also pretty sure most would agree that the Denver defense was the concrete reason they did so well toward the latter part of the year, playoffs and the Super Bowl. In fact, the Denver defense was downright dominant.

So to Godgers12, with that being said, why would Tom Brady lose in a one-game scenario? What gives you the idea that he would lose in a one-game scenario?
I know you don't want to here from me but I kinda debunked the theory if you want to decipher what I said.Brady DID lose the one game.Peyton wasn't good last year but he didn't.You can take that qb of your choice for that one game but it doesn't mean a thing .What's the point.The qb's aren't the only players on the field.

# 106 extremeskins04 @ 07/21/16 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know you don't want to here from me but I kinda debunked the theory if you want to decipher what I said.Brady DID lose the one game.Peyton wasn't good last year but he didn't.You can take that qb of your choice for that one game but it doesn't mean a thing .What's the point.The qb's aren't the only players on the field.
And that's valid.

What people were saying though is in a one-game situation or scenario, like a conference championship or another "big game", they would take Brady over another QB. And even though I am a Patriots fan, I agree.

And yes I believe Brady deflated footballs.

And yes I believe Brady purposely destroyed his cell phone.

I still think he's one of the best, and even though Brady has lost games before, I would still take him over another QB in that clutch scenario.

That's all I was saying. And Godgers12 wasn't giving us any reason why he thinks "Brady would lose", so I was asking him how he came up with that.

# 107 roadman @ 07/21/16 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Comparing players 40 years apart based on stats isn't apples to apples.

Lacy is okay, just overrated in Wisconsin (where I live). His YPC ranks among rbs year by year: 23rd, 11th, and 28th. Those aren't great rankings. Now obviously there is more that goes into being a rb, but I'm just saying.
He is a second round draft choice. I could see your point more if he was a 1st rounder, but a second round draft choice over rated with over 3000 yds?

How else to you compare players from different eras? You can certainly compare HOF's numbers with today's players.

The kid has three years in the league and he is by no means an elite RB, but he is above avg.

I live in WI, am a die hard Packer fan, and Lacy is a good RB, not elite. All the Packer fans I know feel he is a above avg RB.

Don't try to lump all Packers fans living in WI feeling Lacy is a great RB. A few fans you know doesn't make up the whole entire Packer fan base and I'm just saying that too.

Time to move on from this, agree to disagree, again. I'm not going to move your needle about Lacy being an average or just "okay" RB, and you definitely aren't going to move my needle that Lacy is a above avg. RB.

# 108 CM Hooe @ 07/21/16 11:48 PM
I mean, if we want to go #QBWinz on this thread:

The last time Rodgers and Brady faced off, the Packers won in a game where they always held the lead and Rodgers statistically out-performed Brady easily.

That said, I don't believe in #QBWinz and think that that argument I just typed would be completely ridiculous to actually use. Again, wins are a team stat.

Aaron Rodgers is more talented than Tom Brady, while Tom Brady is more accomplished (and possibly the most decorated quarterback ever, even over Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, or whoever else). I don't think that's a slight to either player. "Better" isn't a precise enough term when you are discussing two guys who are both so very good at what they do.

# 109 underdog13 @ 07/21/16 11:59 PM
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 110 Yazan Gable @ 07/22/16 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not sure how drafting ty law (a cb) 24th and a RB Shane Vereen proves your point. Dion Branch left New England for Seattle and did very little. It's convenient to leave out how he made Welker a household name or Edelman who was a college qb into a pro bowler. Rodgers probably has more skill than Brady especially today. But I'd still take Brady in a one game scenario .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
I can see how that may be difficult when you don't understand I am not talking about their talent but about the idea that they took street free agents and undrafted players and made them into stars (no-names.)
Reading is a wonderful skill when developed. You are right about me making a mistake pointing out Ty Law, but you are mistaken with regards to my point. Also, the idea of a one-game scenario is dumb because there are a variety of factors regarding supporting cast and defenses of each team that would swing it in either direction.

# 111 jmurphy31 @ 07/22/16 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Reading is a wonderful skill when developed. You are right about me making a mistake pointing out Ty Law, but you are mistaken with regards to my point. Also, the idea of a one-game scenario is dumb because there are a variety of factors regarding supporting cast and defenses of each team that would swing it in either direction.
1st. No need to be disrespectful. Just pointing out your errors. I get what your post was trying to say. You made a great sarcastic point about the colts offensive talent surrounding manning. I'm just saying you can't really compare Wayne, Harrison, James, Thomas vs Branch, Watson, Gronk, Vereen. The first four were highly touted coming into the NFL (thus first round picks), while the last 4 weren't.

Speaking of Moss. His 3 years prior to going to NE. 49 rec, 13 TDs, 60 rec 8 TDs, 42 rec 3 TDs. Not exactly early Minnesota days. Was he dogging it, maybe, but NE took a chance and it paid off. The pats have always been cheap when looking at FA especially at the WR position. (I know they traded for moss). The Patriots haven't really done Brady any favors and drafting a 1st round WR or signing a top tier player. I will agree that the Pats have whiffed on some 2nd round guys (Chad Jackson, bethel Johnson, and Aaron Dobson).

I understand a lot of variable go into a game, but I would still want Brady as my QB in any game.

# 112 Mauer4MVP @ 07/22/16 09:19 AM
Quote:
He is a second round draft choice. I could see your point more if he was a 1st rounder, but a second round draft choice over rated with over 3000 yds?

How else to you compare players from different eras? You can certainly compare HOF's numbers with today's players.

The kid has three years in the league and he is by no means an elite RB, but he is above avg.

I live in WI, am a die hard Packer fan, and Lacy is a good RB, not elite. All the Packer fans I know feel he is a above avg RB.

Don't try to lump all Packers fans living in WI feeling Lacy is a great RB. A few fans you know doesn't make up the whole entire Packer fan base and I'm just saying that too.

Time to move on from this, agree to disagree, again. I'm not going to move your needle about Lacy being an average or just "okay" RB, and you definitely aren't going to move my needle that Lacy is a above avg. RB.
No you can't compare them. The game changes so much throughout the years that it is completely different.

But sure we can agree to disagree. But it isn't just a few fans. It's every fan I've encountered.

# 113 roadman @ 07/22/16 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
No you can't compare them. The game changes so much throughout the years that it is completely different.

But sure we can agree to disagree. But it isn't just a few fans. It's every fan I've encountered.
Still, it doesn't matter to me how many fans you've encountered, a few or 1000, that doesn't represent the entire fan base, but go ahead and believe it and make judgements on all Packer fans.

# 114 Gosens6 @ 07/22/16 10:12 AM
I can't believe the Brady/Rodgers debate has gone on this long. Geez, guys.

Now, I won't say I follow the NFL religiously like most of you guys do on here, but, I am an avid fan of the sport and of the NFL.

Iv'e been watching for over 20 years, so I'd like to think I know a thing or two about the game. (Certainly not as much as most of you)

But holy hell, for ANYONE to discredit Tom Brady and his skillset is insane, same with A-Rod.

Both guys are proven winners, both guys have incredible accuracy at their position, and both guys are in the discussion for top 5 best QBs in the league.

In my honest opinion, I would take Brady over Rodgers any day when putting together a football team. That's not to say Rodgers doesn't have the same, if not better skills than Brady, but when it's crunch time, no one gets the job done on the field like Tom Brady does.

I'll give Aaron Rodgers the nod on deep ball accuracy, throw on the run, and a slight nod for arm strength. He deserves high 90s if we're statting like they would in Madden. When it comes to clutch, field awareness, making the best play for your team in the situation so they have a chance to win, Tom Brady all day every day.

Who cares about what receivers these guys have had? They've both taken average receiving corps and have done magical things with them. They've both played with pro bowl level receivers, and did the same thing. Brady and A-Rod are the kind of guys that can make ANY player better, established or not.

Stop the bickering, both of these guys are elite, and both have qualities and attributes that set them apart. Trying to say which is better than the other is damn near impossible.

All this Brady praise coming from a guy in Buffalo. It's official, I'm going to hell.

# 115 Mauer4MVP @ 07/22/16 10:21 AM
Quote:
Still, it doesn't matter to me how many fans you've encountered, a few or 1000, that doesn't represent the entire fan base, but go ahead and believe it and make judgements on all Packer fans.
Sure. 10char

# 116 PanthersFan89 @ 07/22/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Is Cam faster then Russel Wilson? Cam 86 speed Russel Wilson 85.

I'm a Panthers fan btw. I'm always amazed at how fast Russel Wilson is. Cam is a great runner but it's a combination of SIZE AND SPEED whereas Russel Wilson is pure speed.

As far as the OVR's the athleticism of the mobile QB's pushes their ratings above the statues like Brady. Brady is the best pure passer but Cam/Rodgers athleticism is what is boosting their ratings. If you check the individual ratings categories this holds true where Brady has the best pure passing ratings.
Haven't you seen how quick cam can break speed when juking?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

# 117 underdog13 @ 07/22/16 12:26 PM
Didn't they have near identical 40 times? And Cam has a stronger lower body so wouldn't be surprised he can run just as fast as Russel Wilson.

That being said Wilson will have more acceleration which will make up plenty for the 1 speed difference.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 118 SolidSnake07 @ 07/24/16 01:01 AM
Cam is the MVP from last season but Rodgers is rated higher?

# 119 Smallville102001 @ 07/24/16 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITF
Lol @ Rodgers or Cam being hire than Brady.

Brady is easily the best QB in the league. Has been for a while. Reminds me of the morons that think Curry is better than LeBron.

No way Cam should be the higher then Brady but Brady has always been vastly overrated player though. Also Drew Drew Brees and Philip Rivers are much better then Cam or Roethlisberger or Russell Willison to.

# 120 Sheba2011 @ 07/24/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
No way Cam should be the higher then Brady but Brady has always been vastly overrated player though. Also Drew Drew Brees and Philip Rivers are much better then Cam or Roethlisberger or Russell Willison to.
I have heard a lot of things about Brady, but this might be the first time I have heard him described as "vastly overrated". Why don't you enlighten us all as to how he is overrated?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.