Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 running backs in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Le'Veon Bell (Overall 94)
  • Adrian Peterson (Overall 91)
  • Doug Martin (Overall 90)
  • Jamaal Charles (Overall 89)
  • Lamar Miller (Overall 88)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/23/16 10:28 AM
Bell doesn't belong on this list. Ditto for Miller. I would put Gurley and Chris Ivory. Miller, lmbo,,,,whatever Madden.

# 102 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/23/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
The fact that Gurley isn't top 5 is ridiculous, also Miller is not a top 5 RB. That's insane. And where is Devonte Freeman??
Agree with Gurley and miller, Freeman,,,,no. running all over the Cowmen is nothing to brag about....

# 103 jsteele14 @ 07/23/16 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Bell doesn't belong on this list. Ditto for Miller. I would put Gurley and Chris Ivory. Miller, lmbo,,,,whatever Madden.

That is crazy talk. What is the rationale for Ivory over Bell? Bell has much better stats on a per game basis. There should be a "dumb decisions" ratings where players get randomly suspended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 104 The JareBear @ 07/23/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
That is crazy talk. What is the rationale for Ivory over Bell? Bell has much better stats on a per game basis. There should be a "dumb decisions" ratings where players get randomly suspended.

I remember when we had to invest in "discipline" or something like that in the old NCAA games.

I understand why we wil never get that kind of stuff again but I enjoyed the extra management factor there

# 105 jsteele14 @ 07/23/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I remember when we had to invest in "discipline" or something like that in the old NCAA games.

I understand why we wil never get that kind of stuff again but I enjoyed the extra management factor there

I was just thinking about that. They could put it back in. They would not have to explain why the player was suspended if that is the problem. It is a huge part of a team's decision in free agency and the draft.

# 106 rkocjay @ 07/23/16 11:18 AM
I like the rating they have been putting out so far

# 107 Yazan Gable @ 07/23/16 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
I understand that, but AP is at the level as a HB as Qb's like Brady and Rodgers are. So whatever the highest QB OVR is, AP should be right at that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
best running back is adrian peterson period... adrian peterson can carry a team le'veon bell can't
He can't catch and if you try to run him from the shotgun as opposed to under center he struggles. Le'Veon Bell can catch the ball and can run from shotgun. He is not a superior runner (he's close, though) but he does more than Adrian Peterson. So he deserves to be rated higher. If a running back is carrying a team then there are questions about the team. Just because Bell doesn't need to doesn't mean he can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Gurley and Freeman are definitely better than Miller. I would even throw Jonathan Stewart in the category of running backs better than Miller. Miller would suffice at a 85 overall, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I'm actually really disappointed that Martin and Miller are above Gurley and Freeman. Gurley is obvious but I actually think for the time Freeman was healthy and played, the numbers he put up were ridiculous (he was beating AP early in the season in stats and it took some time for anyone to take second after AP surpassed him even when he was injured). So those two omitted from the list is very surprising to me.
Gurley is close, Freeman had a lot of games with bad rushing performances mixed with exceptional games (boom and bust, in other words), and Jonathan Stewart is a good runner but not better than Lamar Miller. Lamar Miller would have improved the rushing offense of the Panthers. Devonta also only averaged 4 yards per carry which is replacement level. He brings his catching ability too, but he's a boom and bust running back so him not being Top 5 makes sense.

# 108 Playmakers @ 07/23/16 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Wait a minute... does that really say Lamar Miller is one of the fastest RB in the game at 93? His juke move is 92? I've seen a lot of Lamar Miller being a Miami fan, and yes, he's a solid RB. But those numbers are seriously over rating him. He's not anywhere near the fastest RB in the league, he's not really a shifty guy either. Not sure I understand that rating. He's a good player, but he shouldn't be a top 5 RB that's for sure.
EA has always used inflated speed in order to boost up the overall rating of certain players,

We all know that's not his true speed but that is how they have cut corners in Madden for years when it comes to ratings

# 109 waynefontes @ 07/23/16 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Barry stats on grass compared to turf.

Grass
Games: 44
ATT: 849
Yards: 4,254
Yards per carry: 5.0
Avg yards per Game: 96.7
Long: 85
Td's: 24

Turf
Games:109
Att: 2,213
Yards: 11,015
Yards Per carry:5.0
avg yards per Game: 101.1
Long: 84
Td's: 75

I'm pretty sure he would have been just as great (If not better) had Green Bay drafted him.

You young kids with your Internet, statistics and analytics. What ever happened to just watching a player and using the eye test? Get off my lawn !!

# 110 CM Hooe @ 07/23/16 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
He can't catch and if you try to run him from the shotgun as opposed to under center he struggles. Le'Veon Bell can catch the ball and can run from shotgun. He is not a superior runner (he's close, though) but he does more than Adrian Peterson. So he deserves to be rated higher. If a running back is carrying a team then there are questions about the team. Just because Bell doesn't need to doesn't mean he can't.
Madden doesn't strongly differentiate between spread running backs and I-Formation running backs, but other than that I agree with you. Peterson struggles in obvious passing situations as a pass catcher (beyond simple swing routes out of the backfield which are basically extended handoffs) and a pass blocker (his ineffectiveness has a pass protector is well-known at this point).

It makes sense that, if the OVR rating in M17 has been adjusted to rate players more holistically, LeVeon Bell would have a higher OVR than Peterson; he can run almost as well and has more tools in his tool box than Peterson does.

# 111 GoldenCrest Games @ 07/26/16 02:35 PM
I really wish they would scrap the OVR rating for something more descriptive of the type of player.

# 112 Yazan Gable @ 07/26/16 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCrest Games
I really wish they would scrap the OVR rating for something more descriptive of the type of player.
Could also just scroll over and check the stats. Plus they'd become generic and repeated, matching certain phrases to certain attributes and ratings.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.